Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,866,208 Views | 38667 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by srob2004
aad03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Four Roses Barrel Strength Private Selection. Where can I get some in Houston/CS? I prefer the high rye bill, but I like all 10. I know Nasa will be getting some, but not sure if they have it yet.
Class of '03
FriedTex
AG
quote:
I have an ETL - wanting an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof for it

(you guys decide if thats fair or not)

For new page
ChiEp90
AG
I've got an unopened OESK 9yr 11month 116 proof. What do you have to trade?
Wheatables02
AG
What do you value the oesk at?

Also anyone interested in trading for a hibiki 17 with box? I'm looking for an EHT BP and something else...
iehly06
AG
Specs supposedly was getting a barrel of all 10. I picked up a OESF a couple weeks ago at smith street. Tony K's in Houston may still have some OESK. It was delicious. I still have a bottle of that stashed.
Daytona22
AG
Scored an Elijah Craig barrel proof today for $53. Nice to travel on business sometimes
Post removed:
by user
aad03
AG
My friend bought the last OESK at Tony K's. I'm really looking for the OB's anyway. I called Specs downtown a few weeks ago and the numbnuts I talked to was like " oh no, we sold out of all the 4R Private Selection about a year ago." I knew I should have asked for someone else. I'll keep calling around. I have nothing to trade because I open all but the commemoratives and limited editions.
Class of '03
FriedTex
AG
quote:
ive still never seen any 4RSB CS in the wild. so frustrating. Saw a couple blantons for $54 if anyone sees some and wants to trade straight up cost for cost. I can pick up two bottles tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Pm me, liquor store up here has almost every yeast strain and I think they are 55/bottle
Vade281
AG
FriedTex, what city are you in?
aad03
AG
Friedtex, text me at 281-three three 0- 0 two two 9. I've got a pretty good place by me, but no 4R Private Selection. If there's something you are looking for, let me know.
Class of '03
aad03
AG
I know, I know.
Class of '03
FriedTex
AG
quote:
Im in Indianapolis
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
Im in Indianapolis
I am so sorry.
FriedTex
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Im in Indianapolis
I am so sorry.
Ha, its actually a really great city. Grew up in Houston, lived in LA, so this is a perfect change of pace. Enjoy your 100+ degree days May-August
Vade281
AG
How much do the 4R private selections go for? 60 bucks retail?
Wheatables02
AG
$64.99 at liquor barn in Louisville. Had a buddy grab one for me while he was out there.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Pretty good deal. I've seen $80 at Spec's...
Mathguy64
AG
Anyone tried Pikesville Rye? It's HH juice supposed to be Rittenhouse aged 2 more years and at 110 proof saw some tonight at Specs while getting some OGD114 for a barrel.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
Yes. My favorite rye that's readily available. Very, very good.

quote:
Anyone tried Pikesville Rye? It's HH juice supposed to be Rittenhouse aged 2 more years and at 110 proof saw some tonight at Specs while getting some OGD114 for a barrel.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
AG
Lord knows I don't need another bottle. Sounds like I'm headed back out tomorrow.
tx4guns
AG
It's good. Hope they keep making it for many years.
tx4guns
AG
Buy 2. I did.
Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
AG
Just bought 2 bottles of OGD to go in the barrel and I just emptied 2L worth of Rittenhouse Manhattan mix. On top of 2L of BT that I took out about 6 weeks ago that I have hardy touched because I've been working off an older batch of Manhattan mix and an Old Scout Barrel Proof and the countless other bottles I hardly look at any more. If I get 2 bottles of Pikesville my wife will really start giving me the evil eye.
tx4guns
AG
Teach her to drink whiskey and she'll be asking you to buy more.
Mathguy64
AG
She said "Gross. Only if you can make it taste like a margarita." Sounds like I have another project.
tx4guns
AG
If you need a couple pics of my bunker to convince her you don't have that much, let me know...
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
Hahaha. That's awesome. We're moving next week and I'm afraid of my wife's reaction when she sees my bunker all in one cabinet for the first time.

It's been in three different rooms in our house and I don't think she saw two of them.

Send pics to ease the pain. Also, I cannot get my wife to drink whiskey. The closest she came was a part whiskey part wine cocktail at the standard pour in Dallas.
tx4guns
AG
And she got to walk IN to the bunker! Ha

quote:
guys, this is how i showed my wife that i have almost no bourbon and need more.
First Page Last Page
Page 169 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.