Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,839,178 Views | 38430 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by AgCzar
Aggiejue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Picked up my bottle of ETL at Spec's today for $28.99. In other news, if you haven't heard, EH Taylor will be releasing a 4 Grain Bourbon. I'm sure if you search for it when released, you won't find it.
Post removed:
by user
SouthTexasAg06
AG
What Specs had it for 28.99?? The Specs I got mine at was around $40 and I know of someone who got it at another liquor store for $58. The most ridiculous was I saw it in Louisiana this weekend for $90. $28 is a steal.
plowboy1065
S
Which Specs?
Aggiejue
AG
quote:
Which Specs?
San Antonio Dezavala
RenoAg
Anyone looking for some of the Booker's releases in Htown - Tony Ks has Maw Maw, Center Cut and Noe's Secret. Well they have 1 fewer of the Noe's Secret now. Also - no ETL here yet. In case anyone was wondering.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
Almost forgot - Tony Ks had some Green Spots and Yellow Spots too. I don't see those often.
Ringo88
AG
Reno,
You ought to go back and get that Center Cut to put on your back shelf. Although it's not astoundingly better than some of the other batches last year, it IS best-known as a Roundtable selection and may build some fame or value as years pass. Can't say that about many bottles coming out right now.
tx4guns
AG
I don't agree. Roundtable batches from 3 years ago are not anymore valuable than standard Booker's. Any Booker's you pick up will be better than 90% of bourbon bottled these days, and the variability of quality of the batches is very small.
joshwayne330
New to bourbon. Coming over from the premium vodka world. Anybody know where I can get a bottle of that Pappy Van Winkle stuff for under $100? Thanks in advance!
Ringo88
AG
No argument on quality, as stated.
I'm talking about potential future collectability based on the fact that every collector I know in the southeast has put away one bottle of Center Cut and another of either Big Man or Noe Secret as representative of these releases. No one I know has deluded themselves that in three years these are the next $1,000 collectible. Worst case, you have a nice bottle down the road, but "down the road" is going to take longer than 3 years.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
New to bourbon. Coming over from the premium vodka world. Anybody know where I can get a bottle of that Pappy Van Winkle stuff for under $100? Thanks in advance!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:

Welcome! Bourbon is an exciting and sometimes overwhelming hobby LOL

Do you have any vodkas you're looking to unload? I'm mostly looking for Trump Vodka and anything brewed by a rapper.
tx4guns
AG
Joshwayne, there's this place called West DuPont Wine and Liquor in D.C. that always has the Pappiez. Cullen's bar, too.
Post removed:
by user
FlyFish95
quote:
quote:

Welcome! Bourbon is an exciting and sometimes overwhelming hobby LOL

Do you have any vodkas you're looking to unload? I'm mostly looking for Trump Vodka and anything brewed by a rapper.
Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!
SouthTexasAg06
AG
That's a steal! Or he can buy an empty Weller 12 bottle off eBay for $50 and just pour regular Weller in it.
aggiemike89
AG
I'm sure joshwayne has plenty of his own weller 12 he can put in there.
joshwayne330
Trump Vodka you say? I have access to a handful of flavors. What's your favorite fruit?
joshwayne330
And I couldn't tell you the last time I bought a W12 for myself, but I have sent cases of handles to friends up north. Back then, with the case and cash price, a 1.75 liter was $35.
FriedTex
AG
quote:
Trump Vodka you say? I have access to a handful of flavors. What's your favorite fruit?

Any leads on the marshmallow creme variety?

Inquiring minds want to know
aggiemike89
AG
quote:
And I couldn't tell you the last time I bought a W12 for myself, but I have sent cases of handles to friends up north. Back then, with the case and cash price, a 1.75 liter was $35.

You haven't bought any because you have enough bunkered OR are you drinking your own barrel pics?
joshwayne330
I have zero bunkered of W12. I really haven't enjoyed it since around 2010. And yes, private barrel picks is just about all I drink with the occasional 'lost profitzzz' bottle because I love the old school juice and can't resist.
Velvet Jones
AG
quote:
quote:
Popped into a Specs on Thursday and they had some but wouldn't sell me a bottle. Restaurants only.
Da fuq? When did Specs decide to become a wholesaler? I wonder if TABC would care if they heard that line.
Spec's IS a wholesaler and no, it's not a loophole. A distributor and a Class B wholesaler is an entirely different animal in Texas (unlike 48 other states), and Texans keep voting for the status quo.

The vast majority of high end bourbon in Texas is allocated for the on premise channel and it isn't going to change due to the Class B system.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Went searching for ETL, came updry, but did pick up a Rockhill Farms which I also hadn't seen in forever.
John Francis Donaghy
Where did you find the Rock Hill?
AlaskanAg99
AG
Spec's. Last bottle. Once I realized my chances for ETL were nill and it was their last I snagged it. $50. I've only had one bottle of this before and it was 8+ years ago.

Still want an ETL.
Wheatables02
AG
For anyone in OKC-Norman or passing through, sooner west liquors has a bottle of Parkers Heritage 9 Malt above the cash register for $99. Would have bought it but I already have one and love it. There is no markup on that.

They also have a gifted horse next to it for $59
Rev98
AG
Would you want to trade the rock hill for an ETL? I have one available.
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
Would you want to trade the rock hill for an ETL? I have one available.

I only have the one RHF. And it's open, so I'll hold onto it. If I come across a 2nd I'll snag it for a trade.
Vade281
AG
Ive got a etl unopened for trade. Not sure what I'm looking for yet tough..
AlaskanAg99
AG
I do want an ETL.
FriedTex
AG
I have an ETL - wanting an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof for it

(you guys decide if thats fair or not)
First Page Last Page
Page 168 of 1099

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.