Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,871,465 Views | 38732 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by SpiderDude
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't see how it could get much higher but I guess some people don't do research. It got pretty mediocre reviews.

FlyFish95
I just witnessed some pay $380 for a $55 bottle of bourbon.
Post removed:
by user
Ringo88
AG
Third coast,
That's the same kind of place that calls anything with the Van Winkle name on it "Pappy".

Shaggie,
Depends on if your bottle is from Laurenceburg. If it is, PM me; time to sell. I'm hosting a Louisville bourbon tasting event for charity in July and might make a market deal for another specialty offering like that.
Fully agree that the current "regular" BMH is an okay at best pour.
Post removed:
by user
FlyFish95
quote:
i saw a bottle of ORVW for $400 in the store yesterday. the clerk asked if i was interested in anything and i told him "i was until i saw you charging $400 for old rip van winkle. yall are ridiculous"

Yet someone will gladly buy it and ask him if he has more.
WhoMp93
AG
In this order-
Bookers - Look for the wooden box with the see through front
Blantons-Jockey on top
Knob Creek
Buffalo Trace
Ringo88
AG
Booker's releases have been very good.
I'm a little upset that the supposed 2015 special releases in the wooden boxes have become their normal packaging. I grabbed at least two of each for collectability purposes (and they tasted great), but now they're releasing EVERY new batch that way.
J.P. 03
AG
quote:
Found a Unicorn last night. Michter's 10 Year Rye at Total Wine. The jackass salesman saw me with it and asked "how did that even get on the shelf?"

I quickly paid the $86 and left.

Not sure which location you were at, but I just left the one at Park Lane and 75 and there was one bottle of it all the way at the back of the shelf. If anybody else is looking to grab a bottle, here's your chance.
Chipotlemonger
AG
DAMMIT I was there this morning and didn't see that.
J.P. 03
AG
quote:
DAMMIT I was there this morning and didn't see that.
Do you even crawl on your hands and knees at the liquor store, bro? That's the only way to check for anything hidden, plus it's what distinguishes the men from the boys in the hunt for the good stuff.
aggiesherpa
AG
Had the old Forester birthday bourbon last night at a bar, I was a big fan. They had ORVW for 18 a pour, but they had pulled it off the shelf because they hadn't gotten any new stock.
Shaggie 05
AG
Ringo, tried to PM you, but doesn't look you have any stars.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
Barrels with straight bourbon you just reuse. Ive used it 5 times in the last 10 months so far. I've learned that barrels with any sugars added (I like my Manhattan sweet so I add some Agave nectar and use dry vermouth) need to be sterilized between mixes or else the added sugars can make slime mood.

I have a barrel that I have made a couple batches of honey whiskey with using local honey. How would I go about cleaning it and preparing to do anything else with it?
Mathguy64
AG
Deep South sells a sterilizing tablet (Campden tablet). I called them and that was their suggestion. There is a stronger method involving citric acid but they said if I did that I would have to rechar it. They did not think that method was necessary.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Nothing special, but this isn't a bad pour, especially for the price. Overwhelming taste of dry roasted peanuts on the end though.

Mathguy64
AG
OGD 114 is a great bargain. Like all bargains it's hard to find.
Post removed:
by user
John Francis Donaghy
OGD 114 is awesome, but the Bonded isn't bad either.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
OGD
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Still celebrating the Aggie comeback tonight with Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. It's becoming my favorite pour. If you find it at a store/bar it's a must try.

K Bo
AG
OGD Bonded is my go-to budget bourb. 114 is great, at the price, as well. I'm sure they'll soon begin to be difficult to come by.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Nice stash! OFBB is one of my favorite special releases.
Daytona22
AG
Still wish I could get my hands on an OFBB. Next on the hunt is seeing if can find any of the EHT Seasoned Wood
Brad_97
AG
Found one of those good guys today. House showing so stopped in a nearby hole in the wall liquor store. Guy behind the counter was a bourbon guy and had a great conversation. Even pulled an open bottle of Weller 12 from the back stash to let me try a sip. Sadly none in stock as last he got of it someone bought it all in total.

While only a small total selection he stocked to the higher end. Had EHT barrel proof, rye, single barrel and small batch. Blantons. Weller 107 Antique. Elmer T Lee. ECBP. Stagg Jr. AE bourbon and rye. Some of the higher aged Japanese selections and a private barrel 4R.

Picked up one of the dozen or so ETLs he had.

Now if only WA didn't have a 20% liquor tax and also a bottle tax on top of that.
schmellba99
AG
I am drinking about 4 fingers of some Ezra Brooks 12 year tonight. Because the owner and engineer on this project have driven me there. I cannot wait until the opportunity for a CO pops us as i fully intend to go balls deep as repayment,
Señor Chang
AG
quote:
Now if only WA didn't have a 20% liquor tax and also a bottle tax on top of that.

Ouch!

Brad_97
AG
$46 bottle.

$11+ in tax on said bottle
Post removed:
by user
FriedTex
AG
Black Maple Hill any good? Just saw a shop selling it for 75
Cowboy Curtis
AG
quote:
Black Maple Hill any good? Just saw a shop selling it for 75

Go back one page and see where you can flip this for $300 or pour it out because it sucks.
Shaggie 05
AG
Depends on which Black Maple Hill. The shorter "Oregon" bottle is across the board a steer clear of from what I've seen. The taller Kentucky bottle that has been gone for a while is what is being flipped for good money.
FlyFish95
Should have held on to mine. Got one years ago. It wasn't noteworthy at all
Ringo88
AG
Orange ink label?
FriedTex
AG
quote:
Orange ink label?

They had the orange (bourbon) and the green? (Rye)

Short bottle
First Page Last Page
Page 158 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.