Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,852,629 Views | 38543 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TexAgs1992
Cowboy Curtis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Old Crow? At a bar/restaurant?
plowboy1065
S
Hipsters
FriedTex
AG
Wow ... Picked up a store pick Old Scout 8yr - 120proof

Pretty amazing
Post removed:
by user
HTownAg98
Interesting that is comes from a place named Polite Provisions.
ChopThemHorns
The Specs in San Antonio by the Forum has the new Black Maple Hill Rye and plenty of Willet if anyone is interested. $99 for the BMH. Too $$$ for under 100 proof whiskey. They also have 4-5 bottles of Cowboy Bourbon.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I just tried Eagle Rare for the first time. Pretty damn good for a $29 bottle. Might be my new favorite.

bonfiresmoke
quote:
quote:
If you don't believe me, here is the old back of bottle:

And, here is the new back of bottle:

I knew everyone was expecting it, but I didn't know it happened yet. I just bought a bottle last week.

Big Specs in CS had plenty of the ec with the 12 years old remark on the back label this weekend.
John Francis Donaghy
Just picked up a 1.75 of full 12 year old Elijah Craig. I think that's going to have to do it for me. Hopefully the new stuff is pretty similar.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Does anyone think the old 12 will be worth anything in a few years? The little liquor store in Rio Vista Texas has 5 bottles that still say 12 on the back.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Does anyone think the old 12 will be worth anything in a few years? The little liquor store in Rio Vista Texas has 5 bottles that still say 12 on the back.
I don't think it'll be out of the question.

Who would have thought Weller's 12 would pretty much unavailable.
John Francis Donaghy
Do you really want to drop $100 on great bourbon, deprive yourself of the opportunity to enjoy it, and wait 3 years just to maybe make couple hundred dollars, and maybe make nothing if the bourbon fad blows over in the meantime?

Bourbon is made to be drank and enjoyed. So grab one for yourself and just enjoy it, and let some other fans of Elijah Craig 12 enjoy the others.
aggiemike89
AG
There's still a lot of it around with the 12 on the front.
FlyFish95
quote:
Do you really want to drop $100 on great bourbon, deprive yourself of the opportunity to enjoy it, and wait 3 years just to maybe make couple hundred dollars, and maybe make nothing if the bourbon fad blows over in the meantime?

Bourbon is made to be drank and enjoyed. So grab one for yourself and just enjoy it, and let some other fans of Elijah Craig 12 enjoy the others.
I've tried to buy things and hold on to them. Never been able to do it. They always somehow get opened.
FriedTex
AG
At a bar that had Garrison Brothers tonight so I decided to have a pour of the Texas Bourbon. Not shocked with what I found, pretty average pour. No way to pay 75 bottle, this is a 25dollar bottle at best.
FlyFish95
Pretty cool marketing play though. Slap a big price tag on it and people think it's high-quality stuff.
John Francis Donaghy
I think it has more to do with slapping the word "Texas" on the label. Because Texas-made stuff has to be better right? Just like paying thousands of dollars for a "Texas Edition" truck.

But yes, definitely smart marketing, because nobody would spend that kind of money on it if it were just another Kentucky bourbon in the store isle.
Fall92
AG
Was at Brennan's last night for my anniversary- they have an Angel's Envy Special Brennan's Blend. Anyone tried it? Was drinking copious amounts of wine last night so i'll have to try it another time.
FlyFish95
Mid-week? Props bro
jsn1986
AG
ECBP - $90; and PHC 8yr Malt - $150 at Dylan's Liquor in The Woodlands. Fairly high, but some of the lower prices I've seen...
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Popped open a bottle of Angel's Envy Rye and am highly disappointed. Strong burn nose, burn palate, burning rum flavored finish. For ~$75 I expected some smoothness to the pour...oh well.
tx4guns
AG
My wife thinks it's the smoothest stuff ever, and it's her favorite whiskey. You better stick to Irish Cream...

quote:
Popped open a bottle of Angel's Envy Rye and am highly disappointed. Strong burn nose, burn palate, burning rum flavored finish. For ~$75 I expected some smoothness to the pour...oh well.
FlyFish95
AE Rye is pretty spicy and for my taste way too sweet.
FriedTex
AG
quote:
AE Rye is pretty spicy and for my taste way too sweet.

Bingo. It's like syrup
Wheatables02
AG
Great week of hunting! Will be having some friends over tonight for 42 and popping the corks on all of these to sample. Cheers.

bonfiresmoke
quote:
Great week of hunting! Will be having some friends over tonight for 42 and popping the corks on all of these to sample. Cheers.

I have had the Rowan's Creek and Noah's Mill. I like both of them. Noah's Mill was a little hot, but I knocked it down with a splash of water and it was very enjoyable. Have fun and be safe. DRINK THE HELL OUTA bourbon!
FlyFish95
I haven't had that Willet Pot Still in a long, long time, but I really like it. Great entry level whiskey.
Wheatables02
AG
quote:
I haven't had that Willet Pot Still in a long, long time, but I really like it. Great entry level whiskey.

Was a steal at Spec's in Dalworthington Gardens for $33 cash. I got all but the Stagg Jr and SAOS - CS there if anyone was interested in the Noah's, Pot Still, or Rowan's.
iPanic
AG
My buddy found these bottles in his hunting cabin, one of the labels says 1967. There was half empty Yellowstone open and we had a sip. Very good.

Any idea what these would be worth?

FlyFish95
Saw pot still for $37 today. Still no Weller 12 in months
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I haven't seen W12 in Austin in over a year and I shop around.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
$200 for the Walkers

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/hiram-walker/hiram-walker-8-year-bourbon-1960s-whiskey/
Mathguy64
AG
I just opened a barrel of Manhattan mix that I made with Rittenhouse Rye. It's been sitting for about a month. 2L of yumminess to celebrate the MBB SEC championship and the win over Yale in baseball with 41 in attendance.
First Page Last Page
Page 155 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.