Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,753,251 Views | 37594 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by CTGilley
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel like I should buy all the Weller 12 I can get my hands on and sell it all on craigslist.
Mathguy64
AG
I'm about ready to just give up and change over to flavored vodka. Birthday cake and donut flavored vodka.
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
Agree with Whoop.
The Makers guys consulted with Pappy before starting up; recipes for Makers and Weller Special Reserve are said to be same.

Never been impressed with Woodford unless it's Double Oaked.

A really good barrel of Weller 12 stays in the racks and becomes WLW or Pappy.
And that is why Weller 12 flies off the shelves these days. People can't get Pappy, so they go for "close to".
jsn1986
AG
quote:
What is a fair price for Four Roses small batch limited edition (2015)?
Depends on what you mean by fair, but I think retail is $120 and secondary is probably ~$300. Did this hit shelves in Houston and I missed it? Same question on the ER17, GTS, and WLW from the Antique Collection. I know Specs dropped the Handy and Saz18, but no clue about the others.
the dude10
AG
So far this year in Austin I have bought it for $199 and $97. I was still happy with my purchase at $199 because the reviews on it, including here, have been glowing. When I found it at $97 I was beyond thrilled. Anywhere in between and I would jump all over it. I think I paid top dollar the first time though and wouldn't go above $200 personally.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
quote:
Depends on what you mean by fair, but I think retail is $120 and secondary is probably ~$300. Did this hit shelves in Houston and I missed it? Same question on the ER17, GTS, and WLW from the Antique Collection. I know Specs dropped the Handy and Saz18, but no clue about the others.

I heard it hit Houston
plowboy1065
S
Actually saw GTS, WLW, and Saz being delivered at a store I was at on Tuesday. Tried to get a bottle but he has a list and keeps to it. I'm on it just not sure how many are before me
07ag
AG
quote:
quote:
was available on masterofmalt.com today, for $104 plus $45 shipping. they also have some blanton's, if anyone is still looking for that
FriedTex
AG
If anyone has any leads on Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, id love to hear them
plowboy1065
S
I've seen it on there as well but has been sold out forever. Not sure that price would be good if available
Daytona22
AG
I can get a bottle or two of the EC Barrel Proof. I have one bottle and I wasn't particularly impressed with it. It's a little hot for my liking.
Post removed:
by user
Daytona22
AG
The shop I deal with doesn't typically over charge much so I would expect slightly over retail or retail pricing. She has one bottle left. I just called but she didn't know how much it was. She was going to check.
Streetfighter 02
AG
quote:
Hey guys and gals I had a small shipment of
willett 1.75
willett .750
rowans creek
noah mill

If you are interested in any I would come inn this week, im predicting I will be sold out by next Wednesday.
From the Spec's in Dallas.
GregZeppelin
AG
So Specs is trying to incite a run on mid-range KBD products now?
FriedTex
AG
quote:
The shop I deal with doesn't typically over charge much so I would expect slightly over retail or retail pricing. She has one bottle left. I just called but she didn't know how much it was. She was going to check.

Let me know what you find - would be interested if it's not nuts
NoneGiven
AG
What's the word on old Forester bottled in bond?

Worth the price?
aggiemike89
AG
I haven't had it. Maybe somebody on here can review it for us. I saw it today at costco for $35.
Ringo88
AG
The "Original Batch" 90 proof gets the better reviews of the two retro bottles of Old Forester.
NoneGiven
AG
This is what I saw for 50
http://www.breakingbourbon.com/old-forester-1897-bottled-in-bond.html
aggiemike89
AG
Saw it today for $35 at Costco in Houston(willowbrook location)
GregZeppelin
AG
In Lexington for the weekend and went to Paulies Toasted Barrrel with some friends. Holy hell they have a phenomenal bourbon selection. And the bartender was extremely knowledgeable. I spent the evening drinking Elijah Craig Barrel proof, and George T Stagg. But there's a got dang dozen others I want to drink there before I head home.

They have bourbons I've never even heard of, like wild turkey diamond, and various Blantons offerings that are otherwise only available in Japan (which they apparently mule into the US from Japan for a group of Toyota execs that frequent the bar).

Anyway, if y'all are ever in Lexington, I highly recommend the place.

But beware, the younguns start showing up around 1030. And if you're there much later than that it gets a regrettably frat house type of vibe.
the dude10
AG
Haha! We went there in March when they had record snowfall and most places were closed. Paulies was open so we went there and had a great time! The bartenders townie friends all started showing up later just as you said but it didn't bother is too much. One guy passed out on the couches in there and an hour later was shirtless outside shoveling snow...

The bourbon selection is damn good. They still had four roses 125th back in March so you might check on that, though it was priced ridiculously high. Also still had bookers 25th and a few other of those great white buffalo bourbons that are getting harder and harder to find. Also there is one that I have never seen in Texas, pinhook. Stuff is great and you probably won't find it here.
rilloaggie
AG
No kidding. I hardly find it a specs any more and the jihadi liquor store by me on Eldridge keeps it in stock by selling weller 12 for $65 for a 750.
plowboy1065
S
Found some Weller 12 down towards Katy yesterday for $21 plus $2 off sale. Bought all 3 that he had
oneoutofmany
AG
quote:
So Specs is trying to incite a run on mid-range KBD products now?
Yeah, almost every time I hit up my local Specs these days, or Total Wine for that matter, they make sure to point out that they now have Rowan's Creek, Noah's Mill, or the standard Willett pot still bottles in stock. Or, they lament the fact that they're out of those bottles.
oneoutofmany
AG
Was in the north Houston area last Friday, primarily around The Woodlands and Spring. Before my event Friday evening, I spent a bit of time checking out some local stores. One never knows what will turn up. Here's about how it went. "No, we didn't get any of those bottles because Spec's got everything." Or, "Yeah, I could have got 1 bottle of that Four Roses you asked about but then I'd have had to buy 5 cases of some crap that I know I'll never sell". Not saying I was all that surprised. That's just par for the course these days. Still, I did hit quite a few places and I heard both statements many times. I did see 1 bottle of the Russell's Reserve 1998 at a shop in the Woodlands but I just couldn't pull the trigger at $260+tax. Interestingly enough, it was sitting on top of one of those papers that the BTAC bottles are wrapped in, one for GTS in this case. Anyway, I hope you folks that live in the area fair better than I did when you go out bourbon hunting.
iPanic
AG
Was in San Angelo for work and stop by the local liquor store. They have Van Winkle 10 $499.99 and 12 for $599.99. Several bottles of each. I am sure they will be there for a while.

Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Was in San Angelo for work and stop by the local liquor store. They have Van Winkle 10 $499.99 and 12 for $599.99. Several bottles of each. I am sure they will be there for a while.

Pinky's?

They are high on everything because they have no competition.
Cant Think of a Name
AG
Anyone know where i can get blantons in houston, preferably west, but willing to drive
plowboy1065
S
I've seen it at quite a few places lately. Goody goody should have some
FlyFish95
quote:
quote:

Not that long ago those ery same bottles were selling for $50. So ask yourself, do you really want to pay $500 - $600 for $50 bourbon?
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not that long ago those ery same bottles were selling for $50. So ask yourself, do you really want to pay $500 - $600 for $50 bourbon?
at Pinky's those are $65-$70 before the "bourbon boom". A fifth of Jack Daniels Black cost about $35 last time I was in there. Thats a $25 bottle of whiskey everywhere else.
FriedTex
AG
Any thoughts on Black Saddle Bourbon / saw it for 35 today
iPanic
AG
Yes, Pinkies. I am not going to pay that price, just wanted to share the information.
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.