Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,862,329 Views | 38651 Replies | Last: 56 sec ago by BrokeAssAggie
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You can buy it online from a store in CT that I've bought bottles from in the past but you'll pay a super duper premium.
steve00
AG
quote:
You can buy it online from a store in CT that I've bought bottles from in the past but you'll pay a super duper premium.

There are some stores in CA and NY that always have it available if you want it enough to pay a lot for it. A quick google search should point you towards their websites. You just have to figure out how to get it since they aren't supposed to ship to TX.
Daytona22
AG
Just saw some 12 year in San Diego last weekend. Believe he was wanting $500 for it but he wouldn't ship. Store pick up only... Ended up picking up his only two bottles of Parkers 8th edition and paying way too much for a George T Stagg but it's one of my favorites. Surprised he had it just out on the shelf. He had a Pappy 23 year in the back for $2500. Selling Handy for about $300 I think.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
quote:

There are some stores in CA and NY that always have it available if you want it enough to pay a lot for it. A quick google search should point you towards their websites. You just have to figure out how to get it since they aren't supposed to ship to TX.
Yeah, this is a mom and pop store and lots of the them will ship to Texas.

And I'm pretty sure I've responded to all PMs by now but if I missed yours you can hit me up again!
jsn1986
AG
I know where you can find some PVW 23 for at a steal of a price - just over $3k. FWIW some of the bourbon blogs believe distributors hold a bit of stock for a spring release. I know i'll never see it, but I don't think it is an unwarranted question.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Thanks, y'all. I told her that her best bet was online and that she'd be looking at $400+ for the 10. Didn't realize there weren't TWs in Houston. Bummer. I'm not in Texas so I figured this would be the place to get the skinny. Appreciate the help. She's going to hold out until Christmas as timing is an issue. Hope they save a glass for me. Cheers.
tfunk02
AG
I have a Pappy Van Winkle 2014 12 year Lot B that I'm going to price gouge on.
I wasn't planning on posting it here because I don't want to look like a d*&k, but... If you need one that bad.
I'm in Houston (Heights area) and looking for $400ish. I'm just going to sit on it until I get what I want out of it. Sorry for the gouging!
tx4guns
AG
You're gonna be waiting a long time. Current market price on Lot B is $300.
Scriffer
AG
Just won a nice (not PVW nice) bottle of bourbon on a bet. What should I look for in the $50 range?
Mathguy64
AG
Blantons.
Scriffer
AG
Done
tx4guns
AG
I'm starting to like Bookers better than Blantons.
steve00
AG
You can find ORVW10yr for under $350, and that's a lot better than 12yr LotB (in my opinion). $400 for LotB would take a very specific buyer.
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
I wasn't planning on posting it here because I don't want to look like a d*&k, but... If you need one that bad.
I'm in Houston (Heights area) and looking for $400ish. I'm just going to sit on it until I get what I want out of it. Sorry for the gouging!
The 12 Year Lot B is not a part of the "Pappy Van Winkle" line. The "Pappy" moniker is reserved for the 15, 20, and 23 year old expressions only.

The 12 yr Lot B is simply an Old Rip Van Winkle product.
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
I'm starting to like Bookers better than Blantons.
I agree with you 100% on Bookers over Blantons.

I also prefer Rock Hill Farms to Blantons. Same distillery, same mashbill, same approximate age, but a full 100 proof instead of 93.
the dude10
AG
I am loving rock hill farms also. Never seen it in Texas but when we went to Kentucky I found a bottle to bring home. All this thread needed was a pappy mention to get it revived haha
'03ag
Boomers over blantons.

Edit: Bookers
Mathguy64
AG
Blantons and Bookers are not in the same class. One is a pure smooth sipper. The other is a massive hot brute. If you are not used to drinking bourbons at that proof and profile that is not a good choice. If you are new to bourbon, Blantons is a great intro. If you are not, you likely have a bottle already.
Geriatric Punk
AG
quote:
I'll get in touch with her. She knows that's how much it costs. She is actually in the Heights as well.
tfunk02
AG
I went to one secondary site and they ranged from $400-450. I just want fair market value on this one. I've given up way too many including a ORVW 10 that I wish I could have back. Again, not being a d&$k just don't want to feel like I didn't get what I should have.
CodyCurry9601
Tfunk - I PM'd you from another account. Give me a buzz. She's down. And that's fair, imho.
Geriatric Punk
AG
^ this dude should have sent you my number.
Geriatric Punk
AG
You're the man, bud. Thanks again. He's gonna love it.
FriedTex
AG
Has anyone else notice or seen Four Roses regular single barrel jump up in price to the mid 40 range?
'03ag
I have a few places. I'd pay 50 for it easily
plowboy1065
S
Went by the Goody Goody in Copperfield looking for Elmer T. The website showed 4 bottles, but they were out. They did have 2 bottles of Rock Hill Farms. They are now down to 1. Nice large selection of bourbons and whiskey's.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
Went by the Goody Goody in Copperfield looking for Elmer T. The website showed 4 bottles, but they were out. They did have 2 bottles of Rock Hill Farms. They are now down to 1. Nice large selection of bourbons and whiskey's.
yeah ran into that as well.

Some of the "bigger" names in stock are Blantons, EH Taylor, Balcones, Stagg Jr.
FriedTex
AG
Gawd I love Noah's Mill
schmellba99
AG
Bookers is good, but will knock you on your ass if you arent careful. I speak from a deep well of experience.
plowboy1065
S
Found it for $36 today
the dude10
AG
I have been looking for another bottle of EH Taylor barrel proof. That is one hell of a pour for something that gets put on the shelf. Is it released at a certain time of year or are there a couple releases of it?
FriedTex
AG
quote:
Found it for $36 today

That's a steal
plowboy1065
S
http://www.singleoakproject.com

Anybody else seen this? Real research or great marketing campaign?

Edit-after doing some Googling it looks like this has been going on for several years. Anybody tried it?
jsn1986
AG
quote:
I have been looking for another bottle of EH Taylor barrel proof. That is one hell of a pour for something that gets put on the shelf. Is it released at a certain time of year or are there a couple releases of it?
I think it's typically a fall release. From what I read next release expected in August, but Texas always seems to lag a little behind... 127.2 proof.

Also - I had a buddy run by the goody goody around last Tuesday and he said he grabbed the last elmer on their shelf (now in my possession)... sorry. I've accidentally bunkered a few of them through trades if someone is interested in swapping some other bottle for one - fyi it cost me a weller 12 plus samples and about $10 in shipping. Also fairly interested in a BMH non-age stated if anyone has one they would be willing to swap. email - scott (dot) niland (at)gmail (dot)com
TxKng82
AG
quote:
http://www.singleoakproject.com

Anybody else seen this? Real research or great marketing campaign?

Edit-after doing some Googling it looks like this has been going on for several years. Anybody tried it?

I had barrel 6 and it was a solid pour. They're probably somewhere in between half real curious research and a gimmick. I wouldn't pay the ridiculous price for it.
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.