Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,752,822 Views | 37589 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by SydB92
GregZeppelin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
EC12.

You can't drink the GTS14 because you agreed to send the it to your good e-buddy the dude10 for a respectable amount of money.

PM me for shipping address.

Fify
plowboy1065
S
Poor Man's Pappy for me
tx4guns
AG
Drink that Stagg! It's epic!
AggieChemist
AG
Stagg it is, then.
steve00
AG
After a month in the barrel, I tasted my Poor Man's Pappy last night. I put it up next to some 12yr Lot B since that is my least favorite of the line.

The Lot B was quite clearly better. The PMP didn't have the distinctive Pappy scent and it was less flavorful and had more alcohol burn on the finish.

I'm going to give it another month, but I am much less optimistic about this experiment now.
BQ78
AG
Steve00:

Don't despair another month will make a big change that you will notice.
plowboy1065
S
I finally found my first bottle of Blanton's today. Maybe I just haven't looked in the right places but stopped in at a new liquor store in Cypress while killing time before a meeting and there was just one on the shelf. Maybe a good pour while watching the final round of the Masters on Sunday
Nomad
AG
quote:
I finally found my first bottle of Blanton's today. Maybe I just haven't looked in the right places but stopped in at a new liquor store in Cypress while killing time before a meeting and there was just one on the shelf. Maybe a good pour while watching the final round of the Masters on Sunday
Why on earth would you wait until Sunday? You are missing out on 4 nights before then.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Lol ever been this guy?

quote:
How Whiskey Geeks Appear to Outsiders

The other day I was shopping at the grocery store. As I was putting a container of cottage cheese in my cart, I was approached by a young man who said, "Can I help you find something?"

"Thanks. I'm fine."

He continued, "Is that Dairy World Cottage Cheese you've got there?"

I looked at the label and responded, "Um, yeah, I guess it is."

"You may not be aware of this, but even though they call it 'Dairy World,' they don't have a dairy. They're just a company that buys cottage cheese from another dairy and puts their own label on it. It's total BS."

"Okay, does it taste bad?"

"Not necessarily. It's really about the deception. And they use a filtering process to sort out the smaller curds."

"Is that bad?"

"A lot of us feel that the filtering takes away from the richness, full mouth feel and balance we expect from a good cottage cheese."

"But it's just cottage cheese."

"Well, as a real fan of cottage cheese, I like to make sure people know what they're getting. The other issue is they use a soy-based additive to add texture and color."

"Is that bad for you?"

"No, but it's an unnecessary additive to make it seem 'smooth' for people who don't know anything about cottage cheese."

"But I like smooth cottage cheese."

"No, no you don't. Here, try this one, Healthy Cow; it's got no additives, it's unfiltered and they make it themselves."

"But it's $25."

"Good cottage cheese takes time and effort to make. And hey, that's a bargain compared to what some of the special releases cost...if you can find them."

"You know, I'm just looking for something basic so I think I'm going to stick with the $5 one, but I really appreciate your help, and I'm glad that the people who work here have so much knowledge about the products."

"Oh, I don't work here."

"Okay, I'll be going now."
bonfiresmoke
^ Ducks4Brkfast that is what I am talking about. I am going to get me a bottle of 1835 Come And Take It after work.
austinag1997
AG
I have never tried any of the Balcones products. I stumbled across some Balcones 1 (single malt). Anybody ever tried this?
AggieChemist
AG
all. the. stagg.

http://thebourbonbabe.com/post/115883778484/bourbon-auction-a-gaggle-of-stagg
tx4guns
AG
Meh, that auction is missing the first 2 years.
plowboy1065
S
I'm good for a $100 if anyone wants to put together a pool to buy this. Of course, I expect 2 bottles for the idea
Icecream_Ag
S
I'll use $50 of plowboy's $100 and take 3/4 of his bottle.
Jimmy Valentine
Have any of y'all seen the E. H. Taylor Cured Oak 17 yr on the shelf anywhere yet?
plowboy1065
S
It's only being released to 3 bars in Houston. I know Mike knows where as he and I talked to the same liquor store
Aggiejue
AG
Received my call for Cured Oak today but missed out of the wooden box.
plowboy1065
S
Where did you find that?
Aggiejue
AG
quote:
Where did you find that?

Spec's in San Antonio received a single case.
HouseDivided06
AG
Picked up a bottle of Noah's Mill at Spec's in Plano today. Was there to pick up a bottle of my go to (Buffalo Trace) and saw it. Guy said he was surprised they had any left that late on a Saturday so I grabbed it for $43. Pretty damn good. Also saw a bottle of Willet Family Estate Rye that originally was priced at $95 going for $80. Almost picked it up and kind of regretting passing on it. Anyone had it? Thoughts?
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
What barrel number is that Willett Rye? I have barrel 18, and it's outstanding.
bonfiresmoke
I have seen several bottles of Noah's Mill in College Station. Specs on Texas had some yesterday.
austinag1997
AG
Have we resorted to runs on Noah's Mill? Crazy! I had the WFE Rye last year and wasn't all that impressed. Will have to pick a bottle this afternoon. What are the odds I could find a bottle from Barrel 18?
Whoop04
Pretty soon we will be hoarding Jim beam white
tx4guns
AG
If you find barrel # 17, 18, 19, or 20, they're all great. 8 yr ryes.
AggieChemist
AG
I'm over chasing bourbon. The last three bottles I bought were FR, EC12, and Weller reserve.
FriedTex
AG
quote:
I'm over chasing bourbon. The last three bottles I bought were FR, EC12, and Weller reserve.
yep, anything rare I stumble upon, I see as a welcomed surprise - and then buy all of them
Shaggie 05
AG
Speaking of chasing bourbon - anyone seen Cured Oak in Dallas yet?
aggiemike89
AG
I'm a little puzzled about this Cured Oak release. I was at a friend of mines store and he called the sales rep who told my buddy that the state of Texas was only receiving 48 cases of the juice and it was ALL going to restaurants. NOW I hear that some misc stores are getting it. What's the deal?
plowboy1065
S
I was at the same store and was told the same thing. Why do some special release but only give it to the restaurants?
Aggiejue
AG
I'm not sure why everyone is being told that Texas' allocation is only going to restaurants but Spec's did receive a few cases. I picked it up along with Jim Beam Bottled-in-Bond. Beam Bonded is very solid but needs at least 20 minutes in the glass because the punch is up front. I think it would be great to age in a mini barrel at tad bit longer to grow up a bit.
tx4guns
AG
Houston's allocation is premise only, not all of Texas.
jsn1986
AG
I got a bottle of the Cured Oak... Spec told me they only sent out 4 bottles, but it's Specs so take that for what it's worth. Said they only had 5 people on their list for it... lucky me was the only one in Houston so I got a bottle. They had it up at a store in the burbs near me. FWIW I don't shop at Specs much and when I gave the lady my key # she basically laughed at my lack of points. Hoping another bottle sneaks its way to my local store..
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.