Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,865,471 Views | 38666 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by trouble
joshwayne330
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No, it's not like PVW. You can still get the 10 at retail for $52, 12 at $59, 15 at $86, 20 at $139, 23 at $250.

The AHH16 has an actual suggested retail in the $1,300 range.
steve00
AG
It does have a crazy msrp when sold in the humidor box, but the only thing in the box is the bottle. Without the box, it msrp's closer to $350. K&L sells them for $400, but they are perpetually out of stock, much the same as any store selling PVW anywhere near msrp.
joshwayne330
K&L sell's what for $400?

And that box might be worth about $250.
steve00
AG
K&L has the bottle by itself, no humidor, for $400.

It doesn't really mean anything though, since I'm sure they never have it in stock.

I'll trade the empty box to anyone who wants it for a bottle of Weller 12 and OWA107. I don't smoke cigars so I don't need a humidor.
joshwayne330
I will take you up on that.

Send me an email at username@yahoo.com
schmellba99
AG
quote:
No, it's not like PVW. You can still get the 10 at retail for $52, 12 at $59, 15 at $86, 20 at $139, 23 at $250.

Where in the world can you find those prices at?

Those are all about 60% of what I saw/heard retail being this year.
Atty_Ag
Criminy! They are now keeping Blanton's behind the register and doling it out only if you ask for it.

Anyone want to trade something for a Booker's 25th Anniversary in the box? I don't think I'm interested in drinking it.
tx4guns
AG
Atty Ag, I want that bookers. I'll trade something for it. Email in my profile.
GregZeppelin
AG
I'd love to get my hands on that bookers, but I don't have anything worthwhile to trade for it.

Any chance you'd be interested in a cash sale?
joshwayne330
quote:
quote:

Some stores (5%) choose to stay honest. For example, I picked up a GTS this year at a ghetto store with a sticker price of $78. They mistakenly received it from the distributor and the store owner considered sending it back. He never thought he would sell it for that price and was a bit shocked when I said I would take it. He probably just put his regular 15% markup on the bottle. End of the day, we were both happy campers.
dmart90
AG
I've got a bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve Whiskey 12 Year Old on the way. Paid retail - $59.99. It's probably going to cost me nearly that in shipping once it's all said and done, however. Fine Wine & Spirits in PA did an online sale for the whole line of their entire allocation. I barely got what I got. Had to be shipped to a PA address or PA store. Thankfully, I have a buddy in PA...
Atty_Ag
tx4guns,

There's no email in your profile and that web site does not load. uc.lawyer at gmail

I am in Austin. If there is any way to avoid shipping, I'm all for it.

Greg, I'll keep that in mind if we don't figure something out.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
What's the cheapest most god awful bottle I can drown my Malik sorrows in?
tx4guns
AG
Rebel Yell or Old Crow.
Post removed:
by user
NoneGiven
AG
Kentucky Deluxe
GregZeppelin
AG
Evan Williams is my go to sorrow drowner
FriedTex
AG
I'm drinking it all after today. ****
the dude10
AG
Maybe I should just go opposite of you guys with a quick run of like 5 barrel proofers back to back. Maybe stagg jr, ec12, four roses private select (2 different recipes), and EH Taylor. That oughta make me forget about recruiting.
NoneGiven
AG
What happens when China decides bourbon is as big of a status symbol as Bordeaux?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2419284/
steve00
AG
Yesterday was a good day for Internet whiskey shopping.

Post removed:
by user
dmart90
AG

Picked up a bottle of this today. $40 at Specs. First time I've ever tried any Mitcher's. I am now a fan. This juice is smooth, with a little heat, followed by a mix of vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in a little water and you get a little more of the oak. The flavor really lingers. Will buy again! And will look to try their other juice down the road.
jefe95
AG
Had dinner tonight at a restaurant near Atlanta GA that had PVW 10, 15, and 20 behind the bar. I was shocked.
Post removed:
by user
FriedTex
AG
Recruiting has equaled me drinking over half a bottle of Stagg Jr.

It's not helping.....
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Anyone aware of any good private barrel selections around Houston? Need some Christmas presents.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
You bourbon drinkers are some paranoid mo fos. Thanks for all the private messages. One place had already sold out and three others still had some bottles.
FlyFish95
Honey holes!
armadillojackal02
AG
Specs on Dezavala has the 2014 Cask Strength Angels Envy... looked like 5 or so left, $150. I couldn't pull the trigger for that much and hope I don't regret it. Can buy a few bottles of good bourbon for that.

Speaking of...the Willett 8 yr barrel proof rye is $79 at specs...any opinions on that one?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Yea my bottle of 20 yr retail was like 165
steve00
AG
My liquor store got another round of the PVW line in on Friday. I am pretty set on the more expensive ones, so I just picked up a backup bottle of this.

FlyFish95
Personally I don't think cask strength AE is worth $150. Unless you're just nuts over AE, you can get other cask strength bourbons for 1/2 that price that are as good and in my opinion, better.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
What's everyone's recommendation for a wheated bourbon in the $50-$100 price range?

So far the only Bourbon I've had is Eli Craig 12 (which is very good, thanks to whoever recommended it). I want to try a wheated next and finally a rye after that.
tx4guns
AG
Wheater in that range... Weller 12.
First Page Last Page
Page 100 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.