Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

8,069,837 Views | 63378 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by swampstander
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I told Dave99Ag and Scriffer on Saturday that they should have done a lottery like they did with the first MvB/CdT release.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I agree. When they just politely asked I'm not sure why they thought everyone was just going to listen. Hell, they probably could have just called the cops and had them removed.

In other JK news, it looks like this will be the first weekend in months that they don't release anything new.
NColoradoAG
Lucky #007 said:

I agree. When they just politely asked I'm not sure why they thought everyone was just going to listen. Hell, they probably could have just called the cops and had them removed.

In other JK news, it looks like this will be the first weekend in months that they don't release anything new.
Stole this from the talkbeer thread, but they should have just had an employee show up at dawn and start the line with the first person that showed up at that point and disqualified every other person in front of him or her from buying a mag.
cc10106
La Fours said:

I told Dave99Ag and Scriffer on Saturday that they should have done a lottery like they did with the first MvB/CdT release.
That release only required signing up for bottles on their site before they sold out, and it was the last time it happened unfortunately. I prefer a random online drop with a small pickup window, but then bots would inevitably be used by flippers to make it impossible to score one, so I guess the lottery is the best option at this point. Atleast I'll know not to get my hopes up then.
cc10106
Lucky #007 said:

Hopefully they made plenty Nocturn to last a bit this year. That's what I'm looking forward to at this point, or any other random awesome 750s like Fair Voyage or Saison Americaine.

Was wondering the same about their polite request, but I was fortunate to be too busy to make the trip last weekend anyway. I agree with NCol about the talkbeer post, but that may have caused a riot. Much lulz would have come from it. What might have been.

Bmac04
AG
Dear TexAgs,

I love you

~ BMac

cc10106
Bmac04 said:

Dear TexAgs,

I love you

~ BMac

4 mags. Not bad.
Jock 07
AG
Hotel beers
Jock 07
AG
Lucky #007 said:

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/blog/

Lottery system for limited releases like the magnums going forward. Folks caught reselling will be disqualified from future lotteries.
I wish all breweries did this but my question is how is that enforceable?
maca1028
Bmac04 said:

Dear TexAgs,

I love you

~ BMac

Damnit man! Just another day at the office!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That's insane. Are these all yours or a group?
Bmac04
AG
All mine but the majority are all going to the people that take care of me as thank you beers

All thanks to TexAgs
cc10106

62strat
AG
Jock 07 said:

Lucky #007 said:

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/blog/

Lottery system for limited releases like the magnums going forward. Folks caught reselling will be disqualified from future lotteries.
I wish all breweries did this but my question is how is that enforceable?
How is what enforceable? If they see someone selling it online, they figure out who it is and don't sell to them. Of course there are ways around it for the person who gets caught, but it's an effort still on JKs part.

A lottery is a good idea, and even better, have a single name only able to win say twice a year. So enter wisely. you may win twice on beers you didn't really care about.
jwag
AG
Quote:

Hopefully they made plenty Nocturn to last a bit this year. That's what I'm looking forward to at this point, or any other random awesome 750s like Fair Voyage or Saison Americaine.

I'm going to miss it but bottles of Fair Voyage will be at Collective in FW Aug 4th.
AgEng06
AG
Any of you guys going to be at JK tomorrow? I should be out there after lunch with the family in tow. I'm looking forward to O&P on tap, and hopefully some other goodies.
steve00
AG
Texas beer mail

Thanks Chipotle!
jah003
S
Pro tip... Don't go to Toppling Goliath the day the city of Decorah is having a bicycle rally as well as Nordic Fest. 'Twas a CF. Got Sosus on draft, got some bottles and got the **** out of there.
Scriffer
AG
jah003 said:

Pro tip... Don't go to Toppling Goliath the day the city of Decorah is having a bicycle rally as well as Nordic Fest. 'Twas a CF. Got Sosus on draft, got some bottles and got the **** out of there.

There is no part of that situation that doesn't sound awesome.
Hudson2508
AG
Great Spon variant. Flor was slightly better and still have Raspberry and Cherry to try but this one is up there with the best from them.

dave99ag
AG
Scriffer said:

jah003 said:

Bet there was a stripper convention too.
dave99ag
AG
It's July! WTF?!!!
jah003
S
Scriffer said:

jah003 said:

Far, Far, Far too many dudes in spandex... Although I got some Leftse from Nordic Fest... So I guess it's a wash.
turfman80
AG
Six months since I have enjoyed this nectar... way too long!

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
maca1028
dave99ag said:

It's July! WTF?!!!

Lol...earlier every year.
dixie whiskey
AG
i finally tried the saloon door tasty AF peanut butter chocolate milk stout today, and im a little bit shocked that it actually tasted like peanut butter (of course theres more going on, it's actually quite tasty as the name suggests, but that's all beside the point). based on all the peanut butter infused beers I've tried previously, i was lead to believe achieving such flavor just isn't a thing. so now I'm left wondering how so many brewers can miss the mark so badly.

so is anyone else going to the brash event at the shack in Cypress next Friday with the free dead horse show? i feel like brash just gets me sometimes, I can't wait.
Represent830
AG

Baby girl was supposed to be here today. Settled for this instead.
dixie whiskey
AG
maca1028 said:

dave99ag said:

It's July! WTF?!!!

Lol...earlier every year.

Octoberfest beers were out in full force at heb today. i hate buying them when its 150 degree July hell, but with the way the Sierra Nevada collaborations haven't really sat on shelves, I had to get some
maca1028
ChipFTAC01
AG
I found an old Death by Coconut in the closet the other day and had that tonight. Coconut is usually one of my least favorite flavors but I love this beer.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I love Oktoberfests and they kick off my favorite time for beer. I'm thrilled they're already hitting. It's not like it's cool in Texas in October anyway. Pumpkin beers are already starting to drop as well.
BSD
AG
Although I've taken about 6 weeks vacation this year, I just booked another week in NorCal including a night in Santa Rosa. Sure it won't be like the drunkened old days but sucking Pliny from the tit sure sounds nice.

And those mother ****ing Drew bites!
maca1028
I love death by coconut, hoping one day I can get my hands on a barrel aged stovepipe.
dixie whiskey
AG
my issue is with the practice of releasing seasonals an entire season in advance as a whole moreso than summer to fall specifically. in fact, i typically prefer the fall stuff and specifically Oktoberfest to most summer styles as well. but you can't jump the gun there without doing it across the board, and the blasphemy of light and fruity spring beers taking over in January nullifies any benefits otherwise and then some. and while its hot as balls in october, I feel like the appearance of fall products should at least allow you to cope with the heat psychologically by signaling the home stretch- soon walking from the house to the car will cease being a sort of heat stroke Russian roulette.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Understandable. However I'd say in general they only disappear about a month earlier than they should and even that's dependent on when you think they should be gone. I think the fall beers just generally show up early and then leave on time. This isn't much earlier than fall beers have been seeing release for years. Two years ago Karbachtoberfest had "It's still summer!" around the top of the can.
First Page Last Page
Page 1235 of 1811

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.