Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,909 Views | 62475 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by CDub06
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hudson2508 said:

Had a dragon on it so chose it for GoT. Thanks Steve. This is an excellent stout.

I love that beer.
BSD
AG
A few Hawaii beers:

And lastly, this is Amanda. She's a Manta Ray with a 14' wingspan that swam by us for about 45 minutes. The videos are better but I don't have YouTube.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Hot damn.
cpscAG06
AG
Wow, BSD. Cheers brother
Quincey P. Morris
AG
8800. That's almost 9000. That's amazing.
steve00
AG
Glad you liked it. It's not my jam, but I know its good.
reesei10
Lucky #007 said:

8800. That's almost 9000. That's amazing.
Man, I feel lucky to have picked up some bottles at 1:30pm on Sunday.
AggieStout
AG
Got two omniscience and proselytism that I picked up this past weekend if anyone is interested in a trade.
AggieStout
AG
Any takers
Hudson2508
AG
I missed the release, what are you looking for? I may have a few beers you are interested in. Pretty low on stouts though.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Hopefully Imgur works...

One of the best beers I have ever had. Why not, on a Tuesday.
maca1028
Nice opener.
corndog04
AG
Headed to Portland in the morning for my 11th annual Oregon Brewer's Festival.

Also going to hit the party on Saturday for Bailey's Taproom 10th anniversary. They are closing the street off for a block party with 30ish beers on tap, these are just the ones they are serving in their upstairs area:
Logsdon Peche N Brett
Founders KBS
Firestone Walker Parabajava
Cantillon Saint Lamvinus
Russian River Consecration
The Bruery Melange #3
AggieStout
AG
Hudson2508 said:

I missed the release, what are you looking for? I may have a few beers you are interested in. Pretty low on stouts though.
Looking for that dark beer, stouts or porters.
maca1028
I need to remember this, we are heading back next summer.
62strat
AG

AggieStout said:

Got two omniscience and proselytism that I picked up this past weekend if anyone is interested in a trade.

I have the blue one; I'll trade you it for yours.

MathNewman06
AG
Taste the rainbow
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
ISO: the blue one
docaggie
AG
What the heck is that blue one?
"We've spontaneously fermented our farmhouse ale then added aged hops from our barn, then drained our radiators of antifreeze before bottling it for reconditioning. We call it YouMightGoBlind."
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
62strat
AG
docaggie said:

"We've spontaneously fermented our farmhouse ale then added aged hops from our barn, then drained our radiators of antifreeze before bottling it for reconditioning. We call it YouMightGoBlind."
And they sell 1000 bottles of it by 8am who all give it raving reviews, and yet coincidentally also all feel quite refreshed.

Contents kept secret to increase demand.
dave99ag
AG
docaggie said:

Smurfs. Evil *******s!
Represent830
AG
lol seriously, what's the blue stuff?
NColoradoAG
Represent830 said:

Gatorade
maca1028
Working on some of my San Diego goodies.
Had this one last night...

and this tonight...
62strat
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Represent830 said:

Gatorade frost barrel aged spontaneously fermented mixed culture freeze distilled belgian tart blonde ale with plums, cumin, curacao, saffron and Texas rose hips

FIFY.
NColoradoAG
62strat said:

NColoradoAG said:

Represent830 said:

Gatorade frost barrel aged spontaneously fermented mixed culture freeze distilled belgian tart blonde ale with plums, cumin, curacao, saffron and Texas rose hips

FIFY.

You sure are on a roll.
Represent830
AG
62strat said:

NColoradoAG said:

Represent830 said:

FIFY.

Fantastic.
AgEng06
AG
JK is finally going to lottery system on limited releases like the Atrial magnums:

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/final-note-on-last-weekend-s-atrial-rubicite-magnum-release

Quote:

We appreciate everyone who reached out to us to share their experiences with last weekend's release of Atrial Rubicite in magnum bottles. We appreciate the feedback, and it was uplifting to read so many nice things written about our beer, brewery, and staff.

We know in hindsight we setup a system destined to fail, where people who followed our requests ultimately got punished for it. First come, first serve was no way to handle such a limited release. We're sorry for the resulting drama that ensued, and we feel bad it cast a negative shadow on some of our customers' experiences at Jester King last weekend.

We had a chance this week to sit down as a staff and discuss how to go about similar releases in the future. Going forward, we'll be moving to a lottery system for similar releases, and lottery winners will have multiple weekends to show up and purchase their beer. Also, people we see re-selling our beer online won't be eligible for future lotteries.

Before next time, we'll post details on how the lottery will work, etc. But until then, please know that we don't want our customers to have to go to crazy lengths to get our beer, and we especially don't want them to have to deal with drama and ugliness. Lines from time to time (especially ones under an hour) are something we're willing to tolerate, and we appreciate our customers dealing with them. But having to resort to anything more than that is not something we want our customers to have to experience.

We believe Jester King is a special place, and we're very protective about having our customers feel like they had a really wonderful, unique experience visiting us. While things undoubtedly won't be perfect moving forward, we will treat this as a learning experience and make sure things go much more smoothly next time around.

Thanks and we appreciate all the kind words and support!

Cheers,

Jeff
Quincey P. Morris
AG
http://jesterkingbrewery.com/blog/

Lottery system for limited releases like the magnums going forward. Folks caught reselling will be disqualified from future lotteries.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Just beat me to it.
AgEng06
dummble
AG
So what happened? Was there a kerfuffle?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
People were showing up at two in the morning to get in line. They asked them not to. People did anyway. The ones that showed up when they were asked to subsequently didn't get anything and were upset about it. Basically, jackasses who refuse to do as requested forced change.
62strat
AG
NColoradoAG said:

62strat said:

NColoradoAG said:

Represent830 said:

FIFY.

You sure are on a roll.
as is Jester King!
62strat
AG
Lucky #007 said:

People were showing up at two in the morning to get in line. They asked them not to. People did anyway. The ones that showed up when they were asked to subsequently didn't get anything and were upset about it. Basically, jackasses who refuse to do as requested forced change.
they should have stuck it to them and just not served those that camped out or showed up before the time advertised. This is beer, not bowling, there arent any rules.
First Page Last Page
Page 1234 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.