Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,683,669 Views | 62667 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Jock 07
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't had Haphestus yet. But I will soon. It's in stores in BCS.

Just stopped at Roxy's Bottle Shop in Salida, CO. They have a great selection. Was bull****ting with the man working there about RR and Odd13. Grabbed 2 six packs of ipas . Hey have BCBS 2015 on the shelf. Just hanging out. I asked if no one came looking or what? He tells me that he keeps cases back and ages them and sells them later. $10.99. So he takes me back into the storage area where he's holding back stuff. 2 more cases of bcbs 15 and 3 cases of 2016. He also had some Aun Mas a Jesus. And several others. Super cool dude. Then he invited me back into the walk in because they have beer back there that isn't seen from the front of the store. I spied a Supplication he had in a box labeled do not sell. He said I could take it.

They are getting more Odd13 tomorrow and other shipments through the week. Needless to say I will be back.
AggieOO
reminded me that i have a 2013 supplication buried in the back of my kegerator somewhere.
La Fours
AG
Whoa. What are you doing with a sour? Who are you and what have you done with AggieOO?
NColoradoAG
La Fours said:

Haven't had Haphestus yet. But I will soon. It's in stores in BCS.

Just stopped at Roxy's Bottle Shop in Salida, CO. They have a great selection. Was bull****ting with the man working there about RR and Odd13. Grabbed 2 six packs of ipas . Hey have BCBS 2015 on the shelf. Just hanging out. I asked if no one came looking or what? He tells me that he keeps cases back and ages them and sells them later. $10.99. So he takes me back into the storage area where he's holding back stuff. 2 more cases of bcbs 15 and 3 cases of 2016. He also had some Aun Mas a Jesus. And several others. Super cool dude. Then he invited me back into the walk in because they have beer back there that isn't seen from the front of the store. I spied a Supplication he had in a box labeled do not sell. He said I could take it.

They are getting more Odd13 tomorrow and other shipments through the week. Needless to say I will be back.
Check the dates on any 2015 BCBS before you buy because a lot of those are god awful infected.
La Fours
AG
What are the dates to avoid?
NColoradoAG
La Fours said:

What are the dates to avoid?
Oct. 9, Oct. 12, Oct. 21, Oct. 22, Oct. 23, Oct. 26, Oct. 30, Nov. 4 and Nov. 5
AggieOO
La Fours said:

Whoa. What are you doing with a sour? Who are you and what have you done with AggieOO?
i've had it since 2013. had no desire to open it. it was thrown in with a shipment of california beers i got.

i even took it with me to CS one time when we went to dave's place probably in 2014, but he and shannon basically gave me an, "ewww, gross a sour" when i mentioned opening it just to give it a try.
Scriffer
AG
AggieOO said:

La Fours said:

i've had it since 2013. had no desire to open it. it was thrown in with a shipment of california beers i got.

i even took it with me to CS one time when we went to dave's place probably in 2014, but he and shannon basically gave me an, "ewww, gross a sour" when i mentioned opening it just to give it a try.
dave99ag
AG
Well, 2014 Dave was stupid!
dave99ag
AG
In some sad news, one of our dogs ruptured a disc and required emergency surgery today. Out of surgery now and time will tell if we have a good outcome.

We were supposed to fly out to CA this week for a trip to Russian River and San Francisco, but need to be here to take care of our dog when she's released from A&M. Luckily the hit on the cancellations wasn't too bad and hopefully we can make a trip out there this summer.
AggieOO
dave99ag said:

In some sad news, one of our dogs ruptured a disc and required emergency surgery today. Out of surgery now and time will tell if we have a good outcome.

We were supposed to fly out to CA this week for a trip to Russian River and San Francisco, but need to be here to take care of our dog when she's released from A&M. Luckily the hit on the cancellations wasn't too bad and hopefully we can make a trip out there this summer.
saw on FB about the pup. didn't realize you guys were about to travel too. bummer, but i know you guys feel the same about your dogs as we do ours.
dave99ag
AG
Yeah, there was no way we were going to leave regardless of the outcome. We'll just have a staycation and watch after our pup. Plenty of March Madness to watch anyway. Russian River isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
La Fours
AG
Chipotlemonger
AG
Best of luck dave, that's tough.
Scriffer
AG
dave99ag said:

Yeah, there was no way we were going to leave regardless of the outcome. We'll just have a staycation and watch after our pup. Plenty of March Madness to watch anyway. Russian River isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Sucks, man. Layla is pushing 11, and other than an occasional stress-induced seizure, she's going remarkably strong, but I dread the day that things start going wrong. Hope everything turns out ok.
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

Sorry to hear that. If you ever need any advice, guidance, etc. on dog related issues give me a shout. Dad works over at the vet school. There is no telling how much money he's saved me in emergency vet visits. Couple of months ago our dachshund decided to eat about 7-8 Advil and 5 allergy pills.
jah003
S
Currently sitting at 7 entries in the Texags March Madness contest. Only 4 more and we can do 2nd place boxes.
La Fours
AG
La Fours
AG
Sorry to hear about your pup Dave.
lne2011
AG
Thank you BSD! Sharing with my brother up in Dallas.

jah003
S
Somehow my wife has tolerated me for 7 years now... Celebrating tonight with one of the few beers she'll drink with me.
dave99ag
AG
I see steak.

jah003
S
Up to 9 entries in the March Madness contest. Direct link if that helps you: http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2017/en/sharer?redirect=tcmen%3A%2F%2Fx-callback-url%2FshowGroup%3FgroupID%3D1221885&groupID=1221885
Entries are due by 11 am Thursday. Bmac, BSD, NCol, La Fours... Get your S together and submit some picks... .

Also... Who is beege13?
maca1028
What's the password?
jah003
S
maca1028 said:

What's the password?
#whalez

Naturally...
reesei10
Strange...it didn't ask me for a password.
AggieOO
Went on the Karbach brews cruise last night in Austin. I love those dudes, but doing those on monday nights makes tuesdays rough.

I had BBH Cherries, and I have to say it was fantastic.

Also had the Karbach Radler. Not a fan, but then again, I'm not really a fan of Radlers in general.
jah003
S
reesei10 said:

Weird... You're in though.

Sitting at 12 entries now! That guarantees a 2nd place box.
Chipotlemonger
AG
jah003 said:

reesei10 said:

Weird... You're in though.

Sitting at 12 entries now! That guarantees a 2nd place box.

Didn't ask me for a password either. Maybe because it's a legacy league from last year?
dave99ag
AG
AggieOO said:

Also had the Karbach Radler. Not a fan, but then again, I'm not really a fan of Radlers in general.
Tried it last night at HEB. Glad they gave me a taste before getting a 6-pack. Maybe on a hot summer day, but plenty others I'd pull from the cooler first.
Scriffer
AG
I'm in. At least this will help thin out the stash.
jah003
S

NECKBEARDS ASSEMBLE!!!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Only 260 bottles between 2 beers? The line is already forming.
Kyle98
AG
Maybe I throw darts this year to pick my winners. Can't be any worse than I did last year. Several years ago, a group of us did 2nd entries into a 100+ person pool that we did by throwing darts at a bar one night. My cousin's wife finished 2nd in the pool...
DallasAggie2012
AG
Gah I wish I lived close to Austin! Would love to get some Cantillon to try. Hoping to find some in Italy while I'm there next month.
First Page Last Page
Page 1164 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.