Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,692 Views | 62651 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Jock 07
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Proper scenery! Love it out here.
jetch17
AG
Sticky icky

BSD
AG
jetch17 said:

Sticky icky

Ooh-wee! Put it in yo hair.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I haven't drank in a while because I was trying to get back in shape. I'm about to crack one of these open though. Has anyone tried it yet?

CollinAB
AG
It's been close to a year since I've posted here. But I'm currently drinking Trinity's Hype Forager East Coast Turbid IPA. Damn is it good. Time to scroll the past who knows how many pages to see what I've missed the last 50 weeks or so.
MW13
AG
If anybody in my ol stompin grounds of FW can get there hands on or has Acheron they would want to part with I'd make it up to you. Really miss Martin House down here in BCS.
La Fours
AG
CollinAB said:

It's been close to a year since I've posted here. But I'm currently drinking Trinity's Hype Forager East Coast Turbid IPA. Damn is it good. Time to scroll the past who knows how many pages to see what I've missed the last 50 weeks or so.

Well holy crap. Welcome back Collin. How the hell have you been?
Jock 07
AG
Well this, half a bottle of Elmer t lee, Rob Childress blowing a game yet again, and calling out our dear leader's moderation on the baseball board got me banned for a week for the first time in over a decade. As for the beer, it's decent but not really anything special. Glad I only bought one.

cpscAG06
AG
where did you pick this up?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
cpscAG06 said:

where did you pick this up?

Burleson HEB. They offered me two boxes and I wish I would have taken them up on the offer. I thought it was one of the better BA Stouts I've had.
Hudson2508
AG

Excellent.
MathNewman06
AG
Packing up the kitchen to fumigate for termites and found this one still chilling in the back of the fridge from when I meant to drink it a month ago. I like Benedictum better, but this works.

Speaking of, what says the beer thread: pack up the beer shelf (30 beers or so) and take it with me or leave it in with the gas?
They said any original sealed containers would be fine, but I'm leaning toward packing them up, for my own sanity.

La Fours
AG
I would pack them up.
docaggie
AG
I've never seen a company make a two pack like that.
Kinda cool.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jock 07
AG
What kind of beer do y'all use in your chili? Making some this week and I usually just dump in some bud light or whatever other ****ty beer that gets left at my house but wanted to try something different this time.
docaggie
AG
Pretty much anything works.
I know a guy who strictly uses IPAs, and another swears by stouts.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jah003
S
Ok... brackets are set. Get your picks in. No excuses. Play like a champion.

Alright gents... It's that time again. Texags 2nd annual beer thread March Madness contest is up.

Here's how to join if you are interested:
Download the tournament challenge app through ESPN. Find the Texags Beer Thread group. Password is #whalez. You are allowed 1 entry.

Rules:
1. All losers are required to send the winners a minimum of 3 "beers". A beer would be classified as either a bomber, 4/6 pack, or Crowler. If we have 10 participants or under we'll only have a first place winner. More than 10 and we'll go to 2nd place as well. Amount of boxes for 1st & 2nd will be based on how many participants we have. If you finish in 1st or 2nd you obviously don't send a box out.
2. You must be at least a semi active beer thread poster to participate. If you are not semi active and would like to participate you need an active poster to "vouch" for you. Basically... If you back out they will send out a box for you (and punch you in the weiner).
3. Once we get a winner or winners I'll create a spreadsheet to get the winners likes/dislikes as well as their address. You are expected to send in a timely manner or communicate with the winners for something comes up. Remember, your goal here is to send the winners quality beer that is hopefully outside of their distro.
4. Don't be a dick. If you aren't going to send, then don't participate. Basically... Don't be Hickory.

I'm sure I forgot something... Feel free to chime in if you participated last year as needed.

Edit: make sure your name on the tournament challenge app matches up with your Texags username if at all possible. If it doesn't match up, please let me know.
steve00
AG
Anyone familiar with this brewery? My NorCal guy said it has been winning a lot of awards, so I got some with no prior knowledge. They make east coast IPAs.

The first one wasn't bad, but I'm not sure about it. It may just be that I'm so used to drinking west coast IPAs that I need some time to warm up to it.
MW13
AG
Jock 07 said:

What kind of beer do y'all use in your chili? Making some this week and I usually just dump in some bud light or whatever other ****ty beer that gets left at my house but wanted to try something different this time.

I always use shiner and it turns out good.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I've used Deschutes obsidian Stout a few times and really enjoy the flavor of that in the chili. I've also used some IPAs before that have worked, but I prefer the dark roasty flavors of the Stout with the chili.
dave99ag
AG
Welcome to Texas, Bells!

Jock 07
AG
So I'm assuming that's a Texas only release? Probably one of their other beers just relabeled for the Texas market?
dave99ag
AG
Maybe? It's an ok pale ale, but no Two Hearted. I had that after my hike.
MathNewman06
AG
http://beerstreetjournal.com/bells-am-i-right-or-amarillo/
Texas only, as far as I can tell. I wouldn't say it's anything too special that other states are missing out in, though, but that may be because I drank it right after a two-hearted, which was pretty special.
army01
AG
steve00 said:

A great bartender at dinner suggested a bar that turned out to be amazing. The front bar had Pliny on tap and the back bar had an extensive bottle list. I settled on this one.

. Care to share the bar? I need to head out to SoCal again soon.
army01
AG
I have an extra if you're still looking. Might be heading down to CS for the baseball game on Saturday, too.
dixie whiskey
AG
drinking clown shoes for a few unidragons more. i really like this one. boozy, but great. i guess im gonna have to open my 17 hephaestus soon and see how it compares.

ive said it before, but i feel like clown shoes deserves more hype than what they get now. i honestly believe if they produced much much smaller amounts of the same beers to where youd have to track them down, chase trucks, wait in lines, etc, they'd be considered one of the great breweries out there.. its like theyre taken for granted because you can stroll into any grocery store and grab their latest barrel aged offering relatively easily
AggieOO
dave99ag said:

Welcome to Texas, Bells!

you should plant some trees or something. that yard looks pathetic.
Scriffer
AG
AggieOO said:

dave99ag said:

Welcome to Texas, Bells!

The HOA must be having a fit.

"There goes the neighborhood."
dave99ag
AG
AggieOO said:

I found a few "trees" out there this weekend. Plenty of cactus though.
steve00
AG
army01 said:

Care to share the bar? I need to head out to SoCal again soon.

It was Monk's Cafe in Philly. Had dinner at Zahav. In case you head east sometime.
dave99ag
AG
steve00 said:

army01 said:

Care to share the bar? I need to head out to SoCal again soon.
It was Monk's Cafe in Philly. Had dinner at Zahav. In case you head east sometime.
Big fan of Monk's Cafe!
MW13
AG
Ya I'd love to meet up with you if you don't mind parting with it. What could I get you in trade you'd be interested in?
La Fours
AG
dixie whiskey said:

drinking clown shoes for a few unidragons more. i really like this one. boozy, but great. i guess im gonna have to open my 17 hephaestus soon and see how it compares.

ive said it before, but i feel like clown shoes deserves more hype than what they get now. i honestly believe if they produced much much smaller amounts of the same beers to where youd have to track them down, chase trucks, wait in lines, etc, they'd be considered one of the great breweries out there.. its like theyre taken for granted because you can stroll into any grocery store and grab their latest barrel aged offering relatively easily

I agree 100%.
MathNewman06
AG
La Fours said:

dixie whiskey said:

I agree 100%.

Me too.
I had 2017 hephaestus last week and I didn't think it was as good as last year's. I remember a really smooth coffee flavor from the 2016, this one was more harsh and bitter. Still pretty good though.
First Page Last Page
Page 1163 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.