Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,197 Views | 62478 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by maca1028
jwag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
^ Or pay premium ship from Trappist World
BSD
AG
A small haul from Legoland (Port Pizza Carlsbad bottle shop)

maca1028
https://instagr.am/p/BRo44dkBI3B
La Fours
AG
Went and grabbed a six pack of Odd13 Codename: Super Fan. I have 2 on ice right now. Already had a Melvin IPA and am drinking an Eddyline Brewing Crank Yanker IPA. It's similar to Melvin. Really good. And it comes in 16oz cans!

What do you think he penalty is if I sneak a beer onto the slopes tomorrow and crush it on the continental divide?
La Fours
AG
The date on the one bottle I checked today was Oct. 6. I just might grab one or two.

This place is a hidden gem.
La Fours
AG
This is damn good.

docaggie
AG
Kyle98 said:

Maybe I throw darts this year to pick my winners. Can't be any worse than I did last year. Several years ago, a group of us did 2nd entries into a 100+ person pool that we did by throwing darts at a bar one night. My cousin's wife finished 2nd in the pool...
My sister finished 2nd or so one year in her office pool (pretty big corp.).
She chose by color and how she liked the name.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dave99ag
AG
My wife finished 3rd last year and barely missing out on 2nd. I suck at these things, so I may let her fill out a bracket. She's already been bugging me.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Track 10 was really good. The first barrel aged beer i had after moving to the left coast. I found it to be better than the BBA TX distro stuff.
jah003
S
Currently sitting at 15 entries for the March Madness contest. If we hit 20, I'll send the winner this sweet hat...

La Fours
AG
Holy ****, that hat is amazing.
BSD
AG
Hugo Stiglitzz said:

Track 10 was really good. The first barrel aged beer i had after moving to the left coast. I found it to be better than the BBA TX distro stuff.

It was a long ass day amongst thousand of kids so I'm enjoying a Track 10 right now. I've run into this beer 3 years in a row while on spring break and I've enjoyed it thoroughly every time.
IronRed13
AG
Thanks NColoradoAg! Was a great night trying out the real thing next to our first NEIPA Homebrew.

jah003
S
Really keeps your head warm during that week of Texas winter... Sadly I have an abnormally large head, so it's a little tight.
La Fours
AG
Nice. How did the homebrew turn out?
IronRed13
AG
La Fours said:

Nice. How did the homebrew turn out?
It was a good first attempt but we're going to adjust and try again, especially after tasting the Juicy Bits (and reading its recipe) We nailed the haze (~18% oats&wheat), and had lots of citrus and melon nose, but was much more bitter than intended. A bit like ruby red grapefruit juice than orange/melon. Amarillo/Citra for late boil, flame out, and whirlpool, then double dry hopped with Huell Melon. We're calling it Huell Toupee [think hell], in keeping with our brewery name pictured on the pint glass...

We did a second batch already with Mandarina Bavaria double dry hopping but it was still carbing last night.

I think for future iterations, we'll increase the chloride/sulfite ratio and reduce the boil additions. That and/or adjusting the hop profile. We're considering Belma as a dry hop, and switching the Amarillo out for Mosaic
AggieStout
AG
I never do good at these bracket pickings, cant decide if i should sign up or not. If I did i would be choosing the beer now to send out because i know i wont win.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
AggieStout said:

I never do good at these bracket pickings, cant decide if i should sign up or not. If I did i would be choosing the beer now to send out because i know i wont win.
If it makes you feel better, college basketball knowledge is typically inversely related to bracket success in my experience.
jah003
S
AggieStout said:

You're typically the guy that will win. Been watching college basketball all year, I'll probably finish last.
Kyle98
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

AggieStout said:

If it makes you feel better, college basketball knowledge is typically inversely related to bracket success in my experience.
See above, my cousin's wife finished second in a very large (100+ entries) pool by throwing darts to pick winners, and someone else knew someone who finished second in a large pool picking teams based on colors.
jah003
S
Thanks as always BSD...
jah003
S
Stuck at 15 entries for the March madness contest. If you are still on the fence...

Hudson2508
AG
Just be warned, I drank the fuzzy and refilled it with four loco.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

Just be warned, I drank the fuzzy and refilled it with four loco.
Pre-ban? If so... We're good.
maca1028
This is refreshing.
https://instagr.am/p/BRrg9aWh9PY
maca1028
Nm
dave99ag
AG
Just don't drink a Two Hearted before Amarillo. Kinda ruins it.
maca1028
I had a two hearted last night, much better but this one is still solid.
maca1028
https://instagr.am/p/BRrpmAWhkHV
jah003
S
Ok... Last time I'll harass you guys. Currently at 17 entries. The way it sits, I'd do 12 boxes for 1st and 3 for 2nd. Make sure you get your picks in by 11 am tomorrow!

Contests rules in case you need a refresher:

Alright gents... It's that time again. Texags 2nd annual beer thread March Madness contest is up.

Here's how to join if you are interested:
Download the tournament challenge app through ESPN. Find the Texags Beer Thread group. Password is #whalez. You are allowed 1 entry.

Rules:
1. All losers are required to send the winners a minimum of 3 "beers". A beer would be classified as either a bomber, 4/6 pack, or Crowler. If we have 10 participants or under we'll only have a first place winner. More than 10 and we'll go to 2nd place as well. Amount of boxes for 1st & 2nd will be based on how many participants we have. If you finish in 1st or 2nd you obviously don't send a box out.
2. You must be at least a semi active beer thread poster to participate. If you are not semi active and would like to participate you need an active poster to "vouch" for you. Basically... If you back out they will send out a box for you (and punch you in the weiner).
3. Once we get a winner or winners I'll create a spreadsheet to get the winners likes/dislikes as well as their address. You are expected to send in a timely manner or communicate with the winners for something comes up. Remember, your goal here is to send the winners quality beer that is hopefully outside of their distro.
4. Don't be a dick. If you aren't going to send, then don't participate. Basically... Don't be Hickory.
AggieStout
AG
just hopped in and filling out a bracket. 3 bombers of holiday cheer coming the winners way.
Geriatric Punk
AG
La Fours said:

This is damn good.

Funny. I'm moving back to Texas (from FoCo) this weekend and my buddy asked me to bring him a case of Superfan. The Noob is good as well, but I prefer the Papa Silenus above all.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Papa Silenus is fantastic
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
AggieStout said:

just hopped in and filling out a bracket. 3 bombers of holiday cheer coming the winners way.

I think I've got a voodoo donut still laying around that can get sent.
La Fours
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

AggieStout said:

I think I've got a voodoo donut still laying around that can get sent.
First Page Last Page
Page 1165 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.