Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,682,236 Views | 62665 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by HowdyAgs03
Bmac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You know a bottle of Prop is always a short trip to Dallas away...
Scriffer
AG
For Dallas folks further north, Lone Star Beverages got BCBS in today. Limit 1
p-wonk01
AG
corndog04 said:

p-wonk01 said:

corndog04 said:

The Upper Lip is on my list of go-to spots when I visit to try to find rare stuff on tap. Had some Brewfist/Prarie Spaghetti Western and Rodenbach Caractere Rouge there last week. last week....in town still and want to grab a beer or 5?

Nah, had to get back to Houston before I went broke. Brought back some goodies with me:

Had to leave a couple more collages and pinot suaves behind with a friend to pick up next time. Had I read this thread more while I was up there I would have skipped the Collages and loaded up on this year's Black Butte, I had assumed Collage would be hard to get in Texas and Black Butte easy but looks like it will be the opposite.

What shop did you pick that up from?
corndog04
AG
I got all of the Deschutes stuff in Bend at the Bond St. brewpub. Got the Sticky Hands and Tough Love and Belmont Station, and the Notorious at the Growler Guys on 8th ave (very close to Cascade). Hint: All of the Deschutes bottles were also available at Belmont Station and would have been $1-2 cheaper getting from there.

I saw this come across my feed earlier, you will be in town during Cascade's anniversary. Lots of special tappings and vintage bottles for sale:

Quote:

The anniversary lineup will kick off with a special Tap It Tuesday live barrel tapping at the Barrel House on Dec. 6 at 6 p.m. with the release of the 2015 blend of its rare Pater project. Released once every two to three years, Pater is a cuve of sour reds, imperial reds, blonds, triples and quads aged up to three years with Bing and sour pie cherries; it features some of the oldest and rarest barrels from Cascade's sour cellar. During the week, they'll be tapping a number of rare vintage draft beers, including The Bourbonic Plague 2009, Kriek 2009, Sang Royal 2009, Vlad the Imp Aler 2009 and Apricot 2010 in four-ounce pours, and prices will vary depending on the product. Also: 750ml bottles for sale at the Barrel House beginning Dec. 6 at Noon, including, Apricot 2012 & 2013; Bourbonic Plague 2011; Cerise Noveau 2013; Elderberry 2013; Figaro 2012 & 2013; Foudre #1 2013; Kriek 2008, 2012, 2013, & 2014; Manhattan 2013; Noyaux 2013; Sang Noir 2012; Sang Royal 2012; Strawberry 2013 & 2014; Tangerine Dream 2011; The Vine 2012 & 2013; and Vlad the Imp Aler 2011.
BSD
AG

and

BSD
AG
Bmac04 said:

You know a bottle of Prop is always a short trip to Dallas away...
I may have to make that drive. I was about to pull the trigger and buy one online but it sold out form under me. Balls...
p-wonk01
AG
corndog04 said:

I got all of the Deschutes stuff in Bend at the Bond St. brewpub. Got the Sticky Hands and Tough Love and Belmont Station, and the Notorious at the Growler Guys on 8th ave (very close to Cascade). Hint: All of the Deschutes bottles were also available at Belmont Station and would have been $1-2 cheaper getting from there.

I saw this come across my feed earlier, you will be in town during Cascade's anniversary. Lots of special tappings and vintage bottles for sale:

Quote:

The anniversary lineup will kick off with a special Tap It Tuesday live barrel tapping at the Barrel House on Dec. 6 at 6 p.m. with the release of the 2015 blend of its rare Pater project. Released once every two to three years, Pater is a cuve of sour reds, imperial reds, blonds, triples and quads aged up to three years with Bing and sour pie cherries; it features some of the oldest and rarest barrels from Cascade's sour cellar. During the week, they'll be tapping a number of rare vintage draft beers, including The Bourbonic Plague 2009, Kriek 2009, Sang Royal 2009, Vlad the Imp Aler 2009 and Apricot 2010 in four-ounce pours, and prices will vary depending on the product. Also: 750ml bottles for sale at the Barrel House beginning Dec. 6 at Noon, including, Apricot 2012 & 2013; Bourbonic Plague 2011; Cerise Noveau 2013; Elderberry 2013; Figaro 2012 & 2013; Foudre #1 2013; Kriek 2008, 2012, 2013, & 2014; Manhattan 2013; Noyaux 2013; Sang Noir 2012; Sang Royal 2012; Strawberry 2013 & 2014; Tangerine Dream 2011; The Vine 2012 & 2013; and Vlad the Imp Aler 2011.

I'll be getting there Tuesday so thanks for the heads up! I'm sure it will be a S show there...
Post removed:
by user
wessimo
AG
My kind of advent calendar!

jah003
S
Link for Assassian and KBBS sign up...
https://www.facebook.com/TGBREWS/posts/10154337906954735
AggieStout
AG
Just signed myself up.
jetch17
BSD
AG
I've said it before and I'll say it again: if anyone is on the fence about signing up for the Assassin/KBBS lottery, I'll subsidize your trip if I can get a bottle of each from you (and pay the pro rata cost of course). For serious. I'm signing up too but the odds are long on this one.
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if anyone is on the fence about signing up for the Assassin/KBBS lottery, I'll subsidize your trip if I can get a bottle of each from you (and pay the pro rata cost of course). For serious. I'm signing up too but the odds are long on this one.

Im guessing they get 100k entries. 100:1 odds.

And FYI, its only 1 bottle of KBBS per winner.
jah003
S
I've got a friend who lives in Madison and is from Decorah... Already got things mapped out if I do win (and I never win anything). Although telling my
wife my plan might be the best part... "Uhh... Honey, I'm going leave for a few days to pick up some beer."
BSD
AG

But yeah, I read that somewhere today. I didn't read it was one KBBS. That said, if someone still wants to sign up that otherwise wouldn't, I'll figure out a way to help you get up there in exchange for an Assassin and a share of the KBBS.
Jock 07
AG
I'd be all over it if the release wasn't smack dab in the middle of my ski trip
army01
AG
Just signed up as well. I guess i'll have 48 hours to explain the the rib if I get picked.
AggieOO
BSD said:

i signed up. i'm use to getting rejected for lotteries. I sign up for the Western States 100 every year. I'm up for rejection on saturday!

if i somehow get selected for Assassin/KBBS, we'll talk b/c there's no way i can make this happen on short-ish notice based on the trips i already have coming up.
jetch17
AG
army01 said:

Just signed up as well. I guess i'll have 48 hours to explain the the rib if I get picked.
NColoradoAG
army01 said:

Notices go out next week. The day to pick up beer is January 13, 2017.

I went out there last year for Mornin Delight. I booked airfare, one night in Minneapolis, and a car for a little over $300.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I just registered.

So "winning" gets you the opportunity to buy 3 beers for $200?

What's the street value of those things?
NColoradoAG
hennyj15 said:

I just registered.

Probably $2000-$2500 right off the bat. Current secondary of the previous releases is about $3500
jah003
S
hennyj15 said:

I just registered.

$800 ish seems to be the going rate for KBBS...
NColoradoAG
jah003 said:

hennyj15 said:

I just registered.

Last bottle of KBBS on my beer cellar went for $2000. Assasin is in the $800 range
DallasAggie2012
AG
Registered! Will just figure out anyway to make it if somehow get selected. Everybody here should register and either take BSD or one of the other guys up here on their generous offer to help subsidize your trip in exchange for some of the beer or sell a bottle of the Assassin to cover your costs if you're up in the air.
maca1028
Registered, thanks for posting the link jah. I'll holla at you BSD
MW13
AG
Registered.

If someone on here wins we should just do a Beer Thread road trip and help them celebrate. Just sayin . . .
AggieStout
AG
Would be nice if multiple people on this thread won. That way you wouldnt have to go alone.
If you won would you drink the beer or sell it/ trade it?

I think I would drink it.
NColoradoAG
MW13 said:

Registered.

If someone on here wins we should just do a Beer Thread road trip and help them celebrate. Just sayin . . .
Assuming 100k entries, 10,000:1 odds 2 people on the thread win.
Scriffer
AG
Is the site down for anyone else?
jah003
S
edit... I can't read.
Bmac04
AG
Quote:

Buy it now, sending shipping info
No Bat Soup For You
AG
AggieStout said:

Would be nice if multiple people on this thread won. That way you wouldnt have to go alone.
If you won would you drink the beer or sell it/ trade it?

I think I would drink it.

If probably trade it for a bunch of $15-$20 beers I've never tried.

Or bring it to a bottle share tailgate next year and share with you guys...

For $20 per Oz.
Bmac04
AG
At $20 an ounce I'll buy the bottle from you
First Page Last Page
Page 1083 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.