Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,382 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by La Fours
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Bmac04 said:

Quote:

$800 ish seems to be the going rate for KBBS...

Buy it now, sending shipping info

Yea, I meant Assassian. I suck at internetting...
NColoradoAG
jah003 said:

Bmac04 said:

Quote:

BEER IS SERIOUS. FIGURE IT OUT!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Bmac04 said:

At $20 an ounce I'll buy the bottle from you

Damn you're right. That number just sounded ridiculous in my mind but that's barely 1/4th market value.

Make it $100 per oz.
jh0400
AG
I registered. If I win, I'll let an Assassin and the KBBS go. I should probably start working on my ISO list now.
jah003
S
NColoradoAG said:

jah003 said:

Bmac04 said:

Quote:

BEER IS SERIOUS. FIGURE IT OUT!

62strat
AG
Man.. reading the last page.. $2k for a fecking beer, only because it's hard to get, not because the quality demands it?? This is just nuts. What has this culture come to? People buying beers purely as investments, business decisions. It really is disheartening.

My local bottle shop auctions off their PVW, stagg, craig, and weller allocations each year. They raise 5 figures on 15-20 bottles, and all profit over retail goes to support local efforts. It's great.

If I was the toppling goliath people, I'd implement a similar idea. Hell even if they keep the money.. They deserve it, not some randomly picked joe who signed up only to resell. You're looking at a few million bucks for those 3000 bottles. **** the resellers!
jh0400
AG
Quote:

My local bottle shop auctions off their PVW, stagg, craig, and weller allocations each year

I haven't been able to find a bottle of Weller 107 in years, and that was my go-to drinker for years.

Also, I agree that $2,000 for a beer is absurd.
Represent830
AG
I think it is nuts too but that's the market. If people are dumb enough to pay that much, you bet there will be a guy on the other end that will take advantage of that. And I don't blame them one bit.
jah003
S
If I can get a free trip to TG, likely find Assassian or KBBS on tap, and make 2-3K in the process I'm gonna jump all over it. I'm also living on a teaching salary, so maybe I'm more desperate than most...

I'm not one to sell bottles, but you can't pass up a chance to make a rather large amount of money.
BSD
AG
jah003 said:

you can't pass up a chance to make a rather large amount of money.
#karbachstrong
La Fours
AG
I just signed up for the lottery.
AgEng06
AG
I hope one of you ****ers wins so we can all witness the **** show.
jah003
S
Austin folks... May want to check this out...

Tap list is pretty insane...
AggieStout
AG
jah003 said:

If I can get a free trip to TG, likely find Assassian or KBBS on tap, and make 2-3K in the process I'm gonna jump all over it. I'm also living on a teaching salary, so maybe I'm more desperate than most...

I'm not one to sell bottles, but you can't pass up a chance to make a rather large amount of money.
TG said they are going to have 16' Assassin on tap at some local places around the town.

Even though the asking price is 2000 for a KBBS thats just asking price, I dont think I would pay that much and with the new 16 KBBS coming out and possibly more bottles hitting the market it should drive prices down some. Not sure what that will be.
jetch17
AG
Quote:

Clutch, our Imperial Sour Stout, is back for the first time in five years. It tastes bittersweet, roasty and tart. It smells of blackberries, green apples and cherries. It's also the most metal beer we make, period. Keep your eyes out for Clutch, which hits shelves Dec. 5 and may not come back for another 5 years

YAAAAAAAAS
AggieStout
AG
jah003 said:

Austin folks... May want to check this out...

Tap list is pretty insane...
How is it their Grand Opening when I have been there 3 time in the past 2 months. Brass tap domain is a nice place and it never really gets crowded at least when I have been there. They always have one or two top notch taps of some rare stuff going.
62strat
AG
jetch17 said:

Quote:

Clutch, our Imperial Sour Stout, is back for the first time in five years. It tastes bittersweet, roasty and tart. It smells of blackberries, green apples and cherries. It's also the most metal beer we make, period. Keep your eyes out for Clutch, which hits shelves Dec. 5 and may not come back for another 5 years

YAAAAAAAAS

If you guys get that in Houston and I don't find one here in Denver I'm gonna be all:

BSD
AG
AggieStout said:

Even though the asking price is 2000 for a KBBS thats just asking price, I dont think I would pay that much and with the new 16 KBBS coming out and possibly more bottles hitting the market it should drive prices down some. Not sure what that will be.

Probably all the way down to $1999. Better double down at that price.
jetch17
AG
Please allow me to adjust my pants ... so that I may do the good time dance.

Goes back to pg.1 of the thread
AggieOO
if i won, i'd sell in a heartbeat.

i'd pay for a vacation for me and the wife to NorCal or Portland and get ****faced at breweries while laughing my ass off.
BSD
AG
jetch17 said:

YAAAAAAAAS

In before Jetch busts a nut...oops, too late.
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
AG
jah003
S
jayelbee said:

Can you only sign up on Facebook? I don't have Facebook.

They posted a link on Twitter.
La Fours
AG
https://store.nexternal.com/bustgbrews/register.aspx
dave99ag
AG
Registered. Wife is cool for a trip to TG, so put her name down too.
BSD
AG
I put my wife's name down too. She doesn't know it yet, though. It will be a strange conversation if she gets picked.
dave99ag
Post removed:
by user
Hudson2508
AG
I just registered even though I have a work function that day. Guess if I win I'll just tell them I need to go pick up some beer in Iowa and they'll understand.
NColoradoAG
If I win the lottery, I'm gonna drink the beer. Simple as that.
jetch17
AG
If I win I'm gonna drainpour the f*** out of them and put it on BeerAdvocate
turfman80
AG
I'm in !!!
jh0400
AG
Enjoy By 12/25 has hit the Tine. It's the unfiltered version. Midtown Specs also has Cascade Bourbonic Plague and Sang Noir. I was disappointed that there was no Sang Royal.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 1084 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.