Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,702,866 Views | 62696 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
MW13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had quite a bit when I was in there last weekend.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Made it out to Jester King yesterday. Audio Palette and Multifarious.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm just glad they said they're expecting Multifarious to see distribution.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I had it on tap there, but saw the bottle as well. Looks like a cool label.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm a fan of their labels. Their bottles line the tops of my cabinets in the kitchen.
Represent830
AG
Bummer about de Garde. I'm going to Portland in October and specifically want to hit them up as well as others.
Hub05
AG
You should still try their beers. I'm with norcol, I just haven't had anything that blew me away and too many of their beers are too acidic for my taste. But when in Rome, u should taste for yourself. They have several regular offerings that are distroed in Portland, so you can probably try a few of their beers to figure out if the trip to Tillamook is worth it.
DallasAggie2012
AG
We hit up De Garde when we drove down the coast of Oregon late last year. It's a beautiful drive and worth stopping by the brewery. I thought everything they had on that day was really delicious. I think now the hype has died down some to where it should be honestly. In my opinion, it's still a super solid brewery, but I haven't necessarily tasted as much as Norcol either to know all of what's better.

Anyways, if you like tart, citrusy beers, then I think you'll like De Garde. I wouldn't drive to Tillamook solely for the brewery though considering all the other amazing beer in Portland and the surrounding metroplex.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Not a cheap price point, but very tasty.
maca1028
quote:
quote:
Thanks! Reading that list reminded me of how good pallet jack was, that pelican brewing mother of all storms sounds pretty bad ass too.

Mother of all storms is fantastic, but doesn't get released until I believe late fall. 2015 is long gone.

Do they distribute that to Portland or is it brewery only?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Not as cool as a newborn, but my wife and I just bought and moved into our first house.
Calls for a celebratory Crooked Stave.
La Fours
AG
Congrats. That's awesome. Is that a stove on the far counter and a cooktop on the island?
txag2008
AG
Looks like a SS sink.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
Congrats. That's awesome. Is that a stove on the far counter and a cooktop on the island?

SS Sink on the island.
Jock 07
AG
Congrats on the house.
Jock 07
AG
La Fours
AG
Ah cool. I see that now.
maca1028
Congrats on the new house!
maca1028
Drinking pineapple sculpin like water tonight, on my 5th one, good thing I'm off tomorrow.
txaggie05
AG
Might as well finish the sixer
corndog04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Thanks! Reading that list reminded me of how good pallet jack was, that pelican brewing mother of all storms sounds pretty bad ass too.

Mother of all storms is fantastic, but doesn't get released until I believe late fall. 2015 is long gone.

Do they distribute that to Portland or is it brewery only?

Portland gets some but not a ton. I've only seen it at Belmont Station and Hollywood Liquor
maca1028
quote:
Might as well finish the sixer

I drink one the other night so this is my last one.
Hudson2508
AG
Looks like Hub05 has 1st place wrapped up in the Bracket Challenge. If UNC wins their semi Streetfighter will take 2nd and if they don't Gig 'em Baylol takes 2nd. At least that's the way it looks to me.

dave99ag
AG
That sounds about right. My wife (Gig'em Baylol) was running through the scenarios. I think there's a chance for her and Hub05 to tie if UNC loses to Syracuse and OU wins.

It's been a fun tournament to watch this year!
big-ag
AG
Kansas and Virginia broke my heart this weekend.

Winners - What are you in the mood for? I'm in Dallas if you want something local...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea would hate to send a good beer of a style that one of the two winners doesn't like. What a weird tournament this year.
jah003
S
Lets wait until things are final (should be good after UNC plays)... Then I'll have winners post up their location all well as style preferences. However, if you know you currently have no chance, start thinking about what you could send.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Picked up Sucaba from Specs Smith Street at 10am today, who had probably 6-8 6pk cases. Pirate Bomb (which just hit D&Q 5 minutes ago) comes out tomorrow at Smith Street, and the guy said if he has his way there'll be a lot of it and no limits.

Sounds like there's a good amount of Pirate Bomb! making it down here this time. The Shell station near Nobi in Friendswood apparently already got 6-8 cases of it, which is good news because I think this is my favorite Prairie Beer of all, and I only got one bottle the first time I tried it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BDhAG3INTmv

Wow
Hub05
AG
Go Tar heels! Crazy to think Kansas and Mich St both lost early
AgEng06
Hickory High
AG
quote:
Go Tar heels! Crazy to think Kansas and Mich St both lost early

I just want some good sour beers but you guys won't let me win.
Jock 07
AG
Pipeworks Crimson snapper for me this evening
Hub05
AG
Hickory, you in College Station?
AggieOO
Drinking a westy to celebrate our one year anniversary.
First Page Last Page
Page 873 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.