Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,720,190 Views | 62715 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Jock 07
Bmac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Bmac is 2500+
I'm with Hudson...not so much impressed with the volumn as much as the quality. Dude has a beer **** that is like 14" long and a girth of about 10". Basically, he is the equivalent of a bottle of Rodenbach Caractre Rouge (no homo, not that there is anything wrong with that).

Hahaha and thats limp....
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
quote:
Speaking of which: what are everyone's winter go to's?

Unlimited budget: Prairie Bomb (not the Christmas version that gives your face gonorrhea)

Budget: Old Rasputin

Don't know about with unlimited budget, but my favorite winter seasonal is Lagunitas Brown Shugga'
Chipotlemonger
AG
Am I missing out by so far passing on Brown Shugga'?

I'll look for it on tap somewhere I think. My fridge is chock full.
62strat
AG
Breckinridge Christmas is pretty dang good. I love winter warmers, I think it's my favorite seasonal. And I keep it that way by not drinking an ass ton. I just have a 12 pack or so spread out throughout the season. 'Make your own' style.
Jock 07
AG
I like brown shugga
Mustang1
AG
Brown Shugga & Sucks are solid.
BigTimeAlum
AG
I really enjoyed the Christmas Bomb.

Prarie screwed the pooch this year by flooding the market with Bomb. Without the price drop that goes with increased supply, there were too many other good option for consumers to choose from and now retailers are sitting on the inventory. It just wasn't rare enough anymore to justify the price.
BSD
AG
Bomb is on tap at HEB Bunker Hill right now.
maca1028

Pretty good stout
Falcon85
AG
Is BCBS still available around San Antonio? If so, where are you seeing it? Thanks.
txaggie05
AG
I haven't been back since Sunday evening, but the HEB Market at Stone Oak still had a few cases. If I go by there tonight I'll update
SecoKid
AG
Just saw some at Total Wine on San Pedro. Limit 2.
AggieOO
quote:
So I picked up a bottle of Christmas Bomb tonight on my way home. Opened it up and started drinking.

Then about 5 minutes into it I noticed my neck was getting really hot and itchy. So I go into the bathroom to see wtf is going on and see that my face is all red. So is my neck.

I sent prairie an email asking about what they add to bomb to make it Christmas bomb. Never had his happen before. Also the few sips I drank before dumping it out, were ok. Nothing special.

Sweet, you got a bottle from batch #1. Go look for batch #2. That one turns your skin green. If you mix the two, you get a Christmas special!
La Fours
txaggie05
AG
quote:
Is BCBS still available around San Antonio? If so, where are you seeing it? Thanks.

Still have a few cases at the HEB i mentioned so i grabbed some more. Picked up a 6 pack of Enjoy By 12.25.15 as well
La Fours
AG
Seeing AgEng06's post of sucaba on the general board reminded me of this. I was at HEB last week and the local distributor of FSW was talking to the beer/wine manager and informed him that he was told by his bosses that they weren't going to be carrying any of the proprietors beers. No sucaba, velvet merkin, parabola. As far as I could tell, it was a management decision by Hilliard here. I guess they aren't moving enough of the regular FSW beers and decided not to carry the best stuff.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I guess they aren't moving enough of the regular FSW beers and decided not to carry the best stuff.

This seem ass backwards to anyone else?
Jock 07
AG
FW 19 velvet merkin and Bretta Weise on tap for me this evening
Jock 07
AG
And then picked these up at the store

La Fours
AG
Sort of but not really. Basically the distributors encourage stores and bars to sell as much of the year round stuff as possible and the ones who do get more of the good stuff that is limited. It sucks for customers in under served markets like BCS.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Ran by the store and picked up:

Community Oaked Mosaic
Yule Shoot Your Eye Out
Enjoy By 12.25
An extra BCBS

Pretty good little trip. Any one had the Oaked Mosaic yet?
Jock 07
AG
I have not but that sounds pretty damn good. I love me some mosaic when I'm up in FW at the inlaws.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
I guess they aren't moving enough of the regular FSW beers and decided not to carry the best stuff.

seems normal to me. Like said above, if you aren't selling the year round stuff for the brewery, you don't deserve the good stuff.
txaggie05
AG
I had Oaked Mosaic at the brewery last weekend. Damn good stuff.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Good to hear, gonna open a bottle tomorrow night.
turfman80
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

seems normal to me. Like said above, if you aren't selling the year round stuff for the brewery, you don't deserve the good stuff.
Maybe the year round FSW is not selling because beers from February are still on the shelves. Hilliards will not rotate out old FSW beers, then ***** when they don't move. They just SUCK!
jcbaggie04
AG
Winter season brews I have in the fridge currently: velvet Merlin, sailing Santa, 2XMAS, victory at sea, a Christmas bomb and a Bcbs. I looked at the new winter warmer Rahr put out but I'm iffy based off of last years. On a side note, I prefer the Christmas bomb from '14 over this years version by a long shot. Any thoughts?
steve00
AG
That sounds like a bit of a circular argument.

If February beers are still on the shelf, then it seems like demand isn't there to buy them.
Jock 07
AG
To be fair, the only year round FW stuff I ever really drink is Union Jack and double jack which aren't exactly easy to find on the shelves here either. I'll also drink the **** out of opal during the summer. Talking to the rep tonight supposedly were supposed to see little opal, krieky bones, and Bretta rose next year in addition to the aggrestic bottles which showed up in the past couple weeks.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yep they haven't rotated, people can't drink a sixer of FSW per week for a year, etc. etc.

A place as established as FSW with as quality of beer they have should not be left out of bomber shelf space just because some of their regular offerings don't move more than the average (IMO).

If anything, the reverse support could be thought of: if the bombers are a hit, people are more likely to go back to the sixers for steady drinking.

To me it's like saying a liquor store shouldn't sell Johnny Walker blue because the lower Johnny walkers only sell at average rates?
MW13
AG
I am in Houston tonight where is the best place to pick up Brash?

More specifically I'm in the Katy area now and will be in the Galleria area tomorrow. Thanks.

Is there taproom worth checking out?
jetch17
AG
Brashland opens at noon, typical brewery warehouse stand around, but 80s arcade games & metal blaring.

Otherwise they'll have it on tap at Petrol, don't know who else currently has it on tap.

I think they still have crowlers of 'Abide' at the brewery
jh0400
AG
Whole Foods Montrose looks like they've got a Brash takeover going today.
MW13
AG
Where can I find info on that? I'm having trouble finding current stuff on them online but probably just looking in wrong place.
jh0400
AG
Check the Houston Craft Beer Traders group on Facebook.
First Page Last Page
Page 799 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.