Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,461 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by La Fours
NoneGiven
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Any one had the Oaked Mosaic yet?
Damn good!
steve00
AG
Tried my first one last night to make sure I wanted to keep the other three. It was very good, and I'm definitely looking forward to drinking the others.

I didn't find the wooden box as cool looking as I expected, so I'll be bringing it to Austin for anyone who wants it. Since I pulled 4 bottles out, I have room to pack in 4 other small bottles. If someone wants some Supplication, Consecration or Angel's Share, claim it in the Google doc. They should fit in the tubes. I could probably also throw a sixer of Sculpin cans on top as well. I'll take a look at the doc this weekend to sort out the options.

Hudson2508
AG
Steve, I'll take the Consecration. You can pick another bottle of mine from the list for it.
CollinAB
AG
Grabbed some Oaked Mosaic this week. That's some damn good stuff. If you like their regular Mosaic IPA, this is a really nice twist on it.

Also found a bottle of Black Butte XXVI stashed in my closet that I'd forgotten about, so I'm enjoying that. Not a bad surprise on championship weekend.
jetch17
AG
quote:
Whole Foods Montrose looks like they've got a Brash takeover going today.

Saw that hunter pence showed up and bought everyone a round of P*ssy Wagon
wessimo
AG
11th St Kroger has BCBS on the shelf towards the back, 6ers of enjoy by, bomb! and rash bomb!, Alpine duet in bombers and some other alpine in 6ers.
NColoradoAG
Just noticed this is page 800. Good work men.
BSD
AG
Bunch of drunks up in hur.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Just noticed this is page 800. Good work men.

maca1028
Cheers *****es!
Robert C. Christian
AG
For all who recommended Oaked Mosaic, thank you Monica.
MW13
AG
Mother.#%$'! Woulda loved to see the GREAT Hunter Pence

I just went to Brash instead. That was an interesting part of Houston but awesome beers. Abide was great and I got a crowler of it on my way out. ***** Wagon was also awesome but they we're all good.
evan_aggie
AG
I'm a hefeweizen drinker. I don't care for much else.

Some of my favorite Hefs.

Julius Ecter is my newly discovered favorite. Paulaner is an excellent beer you can find at HEB and normal store. Franziskaner is nice and smooth as well.

*edit* - Added after folks reminded me...

Weihenstaphan makes an awesome Hefeweizen as well.

Kapuziner is great, but some places stopped carrying them. I found this at a larger Spec's. Total Wine didn't have it.

Erdinger is also a good Hefeweizen.

Long named 1809 Berliner-Weiss - Newly discovered that I tried in New Orleans. $10/bottle.

Schneider Weisse has a good line up

Honorable mentions:

Circle Blur
Pennweizen (Pennsylvania)
Pedernales Hefeweizen
El Hefeweizen (Katy TX)
Chipotlemonger
AG
Love wheat beers and Hefeweizens, but honestly I haven't had one in a few months. They're a spring and summer, early fall, go to.
Chipotlemonger
AG
You dig Live Oak Hefeweizen?
Hudson2508
AG
I'm not even a big hefe fan and I love the Live Oak Hefe.
BurnetAggie99
Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier IMO the best out there and definitely one you need to add to your list.

Liveoak Hefeweissbier from Austin is number 2 IMO and another one to add to your list.

Kapuziner Hefeweissbier is another good one as well.

I dig your list there are some great Hefeweissbier's on there and enjoy drinking them as well.
evan_aggie
AG
Ah yes. I completely forgot Hefs on tap.

Live Oak is easily my number one tap beer and potentially tied with Paulaner/Ector. I drink Live Oak anytime I can get it. I've had it enough that I can tell a difference in batches. I've had Live Oak where I thought....pretty good. I've had Live Oak at other times and it is far more flavorful and less bitter.

It *could* be that something I ate before altered my palette, but regardless, Live Oak is great.
steve00
AG
I was bar/restaurant hopping yesterday in a part of SD that I am not very familiar with. Along with someone showing me a bar that had Pliny on tap, I randomly walked into a liquor store on a corner and walked out with this.

evan_aggie
AG
Thanks for the reminders! Those are all excellent as well. I've had those. They are delicious and I added them to my post for completeness.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I'm not even a big hefe fan and I love the Live Oak Hefe.

This is how I am as well.
La Fours
AG
So who wants to bring me a crowler of brash ***** wagon?
streetfighter2012
AG
I can help you out, where are you located La Fours?
jh0400
AG
How is Brashland? I'm thinking we're going to try to hit it up next Saturday.
MW13
AG
Pretty basic but we all had a good time. One small bar, some tables and chairs, a jukebox full of metal and old school arcade games.

Also if the same food truck is there get the donut burger.
jh0400
AG
Crowd?
MW13
AG
Not very crowded when we were there. We got there about 530. It's kinda hard to find. Right passed the car wash look for the sign and then you have to go down a long driveway.

The bar sometimes was little backed up and slow but you could just wait a minute and walk right up.
La Fours
AG
I'm in CS.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'm not too impressed with Flight of the Angry Beast but my wife actually likes it. She never likes stouts.
La Fours
AG
I liked it. It was an interesting mix of stout and barleywine. I thought the scotch and bourbon aging played well together.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
It's not bad. I can just think of 10 or more other barrel aged beers I wish I had spent my money on.
Jock 07
AG
Took me bout 15 mins to find brash.
Jock 07
AG
Also speaking of wheat beers picked this up the other day for a buck.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Love Mikkeler
army01
AG
After a "Yule shoot your eye out, cascade blacktop raspberry, BP Victory at Sea, a growler of Come and Take It, and a Pierre Ferrano Billionaire last night, I think I have to take it easy. This morning was rough.
First Page Last Page
Page 800 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.