Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,135 Views | 62488 Replies | Last: 27 min ago by hbc07
streetfighter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope to be up in CS the 19th and 20th I can stop by Brash Thursday or Friday before and grab you some.
jetch17
AG
any BCBS Variants hitting Houston today? today is the 'rumored' day
Chipotlemonger
AG
Oh crap I forgot about that today!
jh0400
AG
I saw that Bishop's Barrel 12 drops today. Christmas Ale with Cherries and Brett aged in Sauv Blanc barrels. I may need to track that down.
jetch17
AG
all twitter seems quiet thus far on the Specs beer dept, bunker hill & D&Q fronts
La Fours
AG
Awesome. Let me know. And if it doesn't work out, no big deal.
jh0400
AG
Brash may make good beers, but they have a terrible marketing team. I don't know what's so difficult about putting together a functioning website. It would be nice to know when they're open and what they have on tap. Hopefully Al Gore gets this internet **** figured out soon.
62strat
AG
I may email them and ask about shipping possibilities of this beer.

http://www.northernmonkbrewco.com/opeth
jetch17
AG
quote:
Brash may make good beers, but they have a terrible marketing team. I don't know what's so difficult about putting together a functioning website. It would be nice to know when they're open and what they have on tap. Hopefully Al Gore gets this internet **** figured out soon.
i think it lies more in the fact that Ben gives absolutely zero F's and he'll do what he wants. Their FB page at least stays pretty active on events, tappings and brewery hours.
jetch17
AG
D&Q has Cascade Blackberry & Kreik it looks like.
gordo97
AG
quote:
quote:
i think it lies more in the fact that Ben gives absolutely zero F's and he'll do what he wants. Their FB page at least stays pretty active on events, tappings and brewery hours.
Didn't they have Dead Horse play at their place some time ago? I would have gone if I knew about it.
MW13
AG
quote:
Yep this is what I saying. It was tough find reliable up to date info on them. Shouldn't be that hard to do. Kinda got that vibe at the brewery too. The guys weren't rude or anything just not in much of a hurry to do anything and talking to them was like pulling teeth. I understand they are anti-establishment and all but I don't think its too much to have people who are wanting to give you money know when and where they can do it.
La Fours
AG
Booked a work trip to Vegas today for the second week in March. Gonna ask now and again in 4 months, what are some good bottle shops?

And what else is there to do in Vegas besides gamble and hookers and blow. Already got a reservation at spearmint rhino. Need more ideas. I'll be there Sunday-Saturday. This will be my first time in Vegas.
turfman80
AG
nm
AgEng06
AG
Amazing to see cases of BCBS sitting on shelves here in Austin. If anyone's looking, it's at the Total Wine at Lakeline.
wessimo
AG
I guess they found the price that makes it a shelf turd... or AB has pissed off too many craft beer drinkers... or a combination of both.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I second the Vegas question. I will be there soon as well, wouldn't mind packing up some nice stuff to bring home and or drink while I am there.

Best Beer bars?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Did they make the same amount this year?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Drinking my last BBH tonight. It might be my favorite BB beer.

jah003
S
quote:
And what else is there to do in Vegas besides gamble and hookers and blow. Already got a reservation at spearmint rhino. Need more ideas. I'll be there Sunday-Saturday. This will be my first time in Vegas.

***Nerd Alert***
Check out the Atomic Bomb Testing Museum... It's actually extremely interesting and a good use of 3-4 hours during the day.

Fremont Street is worth a visit too IMO. Plus everything is cheap as crap.
steve00
AG
I haven't found a good beer place, but go to Bound at The Cromwell (across from Caesars) and get their barrel aged Blood and Sand if you like cocktails. I got the recipe from them and aged a batch at home. They have better high end scotch selection and prices than other Vegas places.

For a weird cocktail, go to the Chandelier Bar at Cosmopolitan and get a Buzz Button. You chew a special flower bud, then sip a lousy margarita. It feels like the inside of your mouth went to sleep. And there's lots of hooker eye-candy.
Hub05
AG
Steve00, did you get in on the duck duck gueuze Christmas gift pack set today?
steve00
AG
quote:
Steve00, did you get in on the duck duck gueuze Christmas gift pack set today?

I passed on that one, but picked up the two aged Veritas packs. For some reason I drew the line at $300.
BSD
AG
quote:
And what else is there to do in Vegas besides gamble and hookers and blow.

I don't understand the question.
BSD
AG
quote:

***Nerd Alert***
Check out the Atomic Bomb Testing Museum... It's actually extremely interesting and a good use of 3-4 hours during the day.

Why didn't I know about this when I was there 2 weeks ago?
jah003
S
Drinking a Community Oaked Mosiac...

La Fours
AG
Drinking this tonight. Not bad. Has a bit of a strong Brett harshness on the finish. Probably needs more time in the bottle. But still good.

Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
D&Q has Cascade Blackberry & Kreik it looks like.

If I buy anymore of that stuff I'll wait for it to come to 11th St Kroger, where it sits on the shelf at 25.99. Blackstrap Blackberry was pretty decent, still haven't opened the Strawberry.
Whoop04
So here's a question I have been meaning to ask: I have a sentimental enjoyment of Karl Straus Red Trolley and its sister, Off the Rails from my 5 glorious years in SD. They are my Yuengling if you will. Anyone have a good recommendation of similar beers that I can get in Texas?
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Amazing to see cases of BCBS sitting on shelves here in Austin. If anyone's looking, it's at the Total Wine at Lakeline.
Updating this to say that if any of you guys are interested they also have Goose Island Lolita and Juliet (didn't see any of the other girls), as well as Karbach Trigave.
La Fours
AG
Black Butte XXVII dropped in CS today. Grabbed two bottles at holleman heb.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Black Butte XXVII dropped in CS today. Grabbed two bottles at holleman heb.

I miss that HEB. My favorite grocery store.

maca1028

Stupid good
La Fours
AG
Best Black Butte reserve I've ever had. I can only imagine how this will age. I guess I should buy more.

Jock 07
AG
Preeeeety preeeeety preeeeeeyy good

First Page Last Page
Page 801 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.