Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,686,277 Views | 62669 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by La Fours
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Strat what's your email? I hit you up tomorrow when I know what's going on
BSD
AG
I was just at Central Market in Houston and saw this sign. They are tapping BCBS tomorrow at noon and you can pick up raffle tickets for a bottle of Rare to be drawn on Friday.

BSD
AG
Also, I am a buyer of BCBS Rare if anyone is selling.
62strat
AG
quote:
My guess is their pricing is based on the length of time they take to make their beers. Most of their beers are over a year old and many are over 2 years in barrels. I'll probably buy a bottle or two every few months depending on what's available here. My local heb is supposed to get black cap raspberry and strawberry this week.
well, yeh that's exactly what it is. Their price point on a few still seems higher than most barrel aged stuff. The bruery sours are low $20s. Many crooked staves are $8-$12 for 375. Are jester king sours $25-$35?

Now something like supplication, that's a 375 at $13. So $26 for 750. So yeh it's pretty high too. But the 375ml (or the 500ml like paradox) makes it a bit more financially accessible. And Russian river is... Russian river.

Plus I'd rather buy two 375s so I can have one and age one.
62strat
AG
quote:
Strat what's your email? I hit you up tomorrow when I know what's going on
Tcw5457@yahoo.com
Chipotlemonger
AG
Why don't people sell in 375s more often?
Jock 07
AG
Email sent
jetch17
AG
do you have to be in attendance friday at CM for the drawing?
BSD
AG
Probably. I'll go up and cover for you if you can't go. I have a birthday party that lasts until noon today and then may fight the slap**** Thanksgiving crowd to go up there for a taste and a ticket.
streetfighter2012
AG
Just now getting back to this thread after a few days. I'll sit out of the Westy trade now that all are claimed. Enjoy
La Fours
AG
JK sours are about $15 for a 500 of most of their offerings, making it about $23 for a 750. And typically these beers are around a year old with a blend of old and new base beer. So for Cascade they typically use mostly older beer to begin with, iirc. So $5 more for a 750 doesn't seem unreasonable.

I think the pricing is fair given the production time it takes for their beers. Bourbonic I believe is at least two years old before going into the bourbon barrels. Hence the high price. I'm not bothered by what they charge. Just means that I won't be able to buy much of their beer.

And if people continue to buy at the price set, well good for Cascade.
AgEng06
AG
It looks like we only have 23 claimed on the list, so throw your name on there if you still want in.
Hudson2508
AG
Yeah if you still want in I made sure we had one left for you since Steve allocated one to you a few pages back.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Why don't people sell in 375s more often?

Margins are better on 750s, fewer bottles to package, fewer to sell, can also be equipment based.
NColoradoAG
quote:

Got a couple locked down already. Beer black book says they're worth $275. Since I hold you in such high regard, I'll sell them to you for $300
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

Got a couple locked down already. Beer black book says they're worth $275. Since I hold you in such high regard, I'll sell them to you for $300
At this time of year, I don't even know if posts like this are jokes or not.
BSD
AG
The kindness on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Seriously, though. How many were produced? A lot, right? I'm sure that will come down soon.

ChipFTAC01
AG
I had some time to kill last night, so I stopped in at Hay Merchant for a couple of beers.

Stone Double ******* - Holy hell this was good. I really need to drink more of their beers, I just don't pick up enough of theirs.

Karbach Station 68 - I was really disappointed with this year's. last year was fantastic, and I think I really enjoyed the prior year's, but this just didn't do much of anything for me. It was fine, but nothing too exciting.

I finished with a little glass of oskar blues 1050. I'd seen it around occasionally but hadn't ever tried it before. Very tasty. Tons of chocolate in it.

I miss going to the bar.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

At this time of year, I don't even know if posts like this are jokes or not.
It is a joke. At least the "holding me in high regard" part is a joke. The rest is spot on.
streetfighter2012
AG
Thanks guys. Was thinking it was only 20 bottle shipment. Steve I'll look through the fridge this week and see what all I've got that's worth the trade. Or will keep my eye open for things around town.
jetch17
AG
quote:
Probably. I'll go up and cover for you if you can't go. I have a birthday party that lasts until noon today and then may fight the slap**** Thanksgiving crowd to go up there for a taste and a ticket.
i may swing by for a ticket, but likely wont be able to make friday....
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
i may swing by for a ticket, but likely wont be able to make friday....
I'll ride up with you today if you want. text me in a few. I gotta run to a birthday party at 10:00.
jetch17
NColoradoAG
quote:
The kindness on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Seriously, though. How many were produced? A lot, right? I'm sure that will come down soon.

I think it's somewhere between 35,000 and 50,000 bottles, but there hasn't been much word on that. Seems ABInbev wants to keep the "rare" moniker at least somewhat true until release day. If you watch the "Grit and Grain" series GI put out on their website, you see them filling at least 60 barrels, which would be around 20,000 bottles after angels share and kegs. They later say in the video the received a "truck full of those barrels." I don't know how many barrels you can fit in a semi, but I would guess it would be around 100.

I hate beer so much sometimes. I don't want to go out on Friday, but I will.
ChipFTAC01
AG
What's the opinion of adelberts in Austin? I picked up a bunch of texas stuff for my brother in law for Christmas and grabbed a black rhino to round out a six pack. FQ Temptress, Yellow Rose, a VBBH. "Unfortunately" the box I wrapped it in only had room for 5 beers, so I kept that for myself. I haven't had any of their stuff.
BSD
AG
quote:

Preach it, brother!

I dont know what to do. Specs will be a madhouse and I only want one Rare. I'd rather buy one and pay extra than spend time away from my family waiting in a line. I'll stock up on regular to cellar though. Maybe I can find that at somewhere less hellish,
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

Preach it, brother!

I dont know what to do. Specs will be a madhouse and I only want one Rare. I'd rather buy one and pay extra than spend time away from my family waiting in a line. I'll stock up on regular to cellar though. Maybe I can find that at somewhere less hellish,
By all accounts, BCBS will be easy to obtain at high quantity. Of course, I purchase in a slightly less competitive market than you guys down there.

Coffee seems to be concentrated, but not wide. I don't think we're getting any up here, but it looks like Denver will have lots. Gonna have to trade for that.

Regal Rye is supposedly a lower bottle count than the last few Rye releases. I am pessimistic if it is actually good or not.

People seem to have forgotten that Barleywine even exists. No one seems to be talking about it.
NColoradoAG
Jock, I forgot to mention I saw a couple pictures of an absolutely ridiculous drop that Buckley received. I believe it was only for military personnel. You may want to inquire about that and buy it all.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Barley wine is the only variant I've had. It was awesome.

I can't believe we're not getting any this year.
AggieOO
quote:
What's the opinion of adelberts in Austin? I picked up a bunch of texas stuff for my brother in law for Christmas and grabbed a black rhino to round out a six pack. FQ Temptress, Yellow Rose, a VBBH. "Unfortunately" the box I wrapped it in only had room for 5 beers, so I kept that for myself. I haven't had any of their stuff.
i like Adelberts, but I'm a big fan of belgian style beers.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
quote:
i like Adelberts, but I'm a big fan of belgian style beers.
Same here.
aggiemike02
AG
i really enjoy their Tripel Treat
maca1028
I might head out to CM later today but won't be able to make it back Friday if I get picked...can you help a brother out?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Glad to hear.
AggieOO
quote:
i really enjoy their Tripel Treat
only beer i've had from them that i really disliked was Contemplating Waterloo. Not saying all their beers are incredible (though some are damn good), the Waterloo was the only one that i've had that was not good at all. That said, I don't really like gin that much, so my opinion might be skewed.
First Page Last Page
Page 790 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.