Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,560 Views | 62651 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Jock 07
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
What's the opinion of adelberts in Austin? I picked up a bunch of texas stuff for my brother in law for Christmas and grabbed a black rhino to round out a six pack. FQ Temptress, Yellow Rose, a VBBH. "Unfortunately" the box I wrapped it in only had room for 5 beers, so I kept that for myself. I haven't had any of their stuff.

Solid brewery putting out solid beers. Nothing they've made has ever made me take off my pants, but everything I've tried has been good/slightly better than good. Black Rhino is one of my favorites.
jah003
S
My local HEB is getting a stupid amount of regular BCBS in. My plan on Black Friday...

1. Wake up
2. Leasurily wander over to HEB
3. Buy some BCBS
4. Profit?
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
i really enjoy their Tripel Treat
only beer i've had from them that i really disliked was Contemplating Waterloo. Not saying all their beers are incredible (though some are damn good), the Waterloo was the only one that i've had that was not good at all. That said, I don't really like gin that much, so my opinion might be skewed.
Yeah, I was disappointed in Waterloo as well, and I like gin. It basically tasted like I was drinking lavender, so that got old pretty quick.
Hudson2508
AG
Holy ****....Banger's new tap additions for tonight. I picked a hell of a time to drive to Midland so that I could miss on all the BCBS fun.
Hudson2508
AG
Also of anyone in Austin comes across any spare BCBS and wants to grab me some bottles I'd make it worth your while in cash or beer. Hoping some stores have leftovers on Saturday but no clue if it will last.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
BCBS set on the floor at HEB for three weeks last year. I don't think I'm going to participate in the madness.

I would like to get a rare though.
NColoradoAG
quote:
BCBS set on the floor at HEB for three weeks last year. I don't think I'm going to participate in the madness.

Then you probably need to participate in the madness. Or pay $275 secondary market for one. Or trade $275 worth of similarly regarded limited beer.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

Then you probably need to participate in the madness. Or pay $275 secondary market for one. Or trade $275 worth of similarly regarded limited beer.
I know I've already said it today...but I just really have a hard time processing $275 for a beer.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know I've already said it today...but I just really have a hard time processing $275 for a beer.
Yeah, my wife said no way to the case of Westy for $300, there's no way in hell I'd ever be able to justify $275 for a single beer.....not that I'd try.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Technically it's a $60-$80 pint of beer
BSD
AG
quote:
I might head out to CM later today but won't be able to make it back Friday if I get picked...can you help a brother out?

I'm here for you Bro
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
quote:

I think I'd rather have 3 $90 bottles of wine.
BSD
AG
quote:

That can be arranged. Especially if by $90 you mean $150.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Different strokes. I'd rather have 25 bottles of BCBS
soso33
Question for the Houston neckbeards :
I'm in the H for Thanksgiving. I have someone on my Christmas list who loves sour beers. Is there a place or two that would most likely stock a bomber or two of sour beer? Thanks
BSD
AG
Having a '15 BCBS with dat wigga Jetch at Central Market.

NoneGiven
AG
I'll miss the bcbs rush this year so will likely have some 14s to trade.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I've had a couple of their offerings. Can't remember which, but they were good.
maca1028
quote:
quote:
I might head out to CM later today but won't be able to make it back Friday if I get picked...can you help a brother out?

I'm here for you Bro
maca1028
If y'all feel like hanging out for about 2 more hours I'll be up there
BSD
AG
Maca, they said you must pick it up yourself if you win. They will call you if you do win and give you an hour.
maca1028
That's fine, if I win I can make it work. Thanks for the info. I'm about to head that way but it will take me about 30-35 to get there, do they still have plenty of tickets?
maca1028
This is the one on westheimer right?
BSD
AG
Correct. Call to make sure about tickets
AggieOO
i miss bcbs every year bc we head out to big bend to camp.

somehow never caught it on draft anywhere either.
maca1028
Thanks for the heads up B
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Anyone ever had a Ninkasi Ground Control?

I got one yesterday. Just curious.
NoneGiven
AG
Time to open 2014 Abyss, guys!
dave99ag
AG
quote:

I still have a '12 and '13 to open.
jetch17
AG
quote:

May crack mine for Black Friday
La Fours
AG
quote:

I have no self control. Drank my Abyss a long time ago.
AggieOO
I have a 12, as well as a 12 dissident.
AgEng06
AG
Cracked a Blend 4 (April 14) Atrial Rubicite tonight. Seems to have more berry flavor than before, still very good.
MW13
AG
Never had Ground Control but I love all their other stuff I've had. I actually grabbed a Vanilla Otis, Noir and am about to drink a Sleigher right now.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What's everyone drinking tomorrow?

Thinking of hitting up a Deep Ellum Coffee Brown Ale in the mid-morning.
First Page Last Page
Page 791 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.