Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,292 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by jah003
MW13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are having a Temptress bottle share among other things.
La Fours
AG
I'll have a few dammit jim's watching football and basketball tomorrow. Then wine with dinner.

Originally the plan was to be in Giddings with my mom's side of the family where there would be no drinking. But my son came down with 102.5 degree fever around 4:30. With my cousin having two young kids thought it best to not bring my family around them. Sucks too because my parents were going to take the kids to their house for the weekend.

Now I don't get to talk trash to my tsip relatives about the basketball game or the general chittiness of tu football.
ChipFTAC01
AG
The specs at westheimer and kirkwood normally has a good selection. The heb at that corner usually has good beer too
Jason_Ag98
AG
How widespread is the BCBS distribution - is it just the major cities? I'll be in Midland on Friday morning and won't make it back to Austin until the evening, so I'm guessing I'll miss out this year.
La Fours
AG
Yeah I suspect midland won't be getting any bcbs. Bryan/College Station is apparently only getting 3 cases of bombers total for stores. So specs and the heb's each get one case.
jah003
S
If any of you B/CS homies need some BCBS just give me a shout. I'll be in Austin this year and don't mind hitting up a few stores for you guys. Planning to get 6 bottles myself and call it a day, but I can do that at one store. So, I don't mind going to a few others and laughing at the neckbeards scrambling for Rare.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Jock, I forgot to mention I saw a couple pictures of an absolutely ridiculous drop that Buckley received. I believe it was only for military personnel. You may want to inquire about that and buy it all.
Thanks for the heads up I'll have to check it out. Was it just BCBS, or were there variants? I messed with flight karma yesterday and got bit. I was originally supposed to fly out of DIA straight to DFW and get in at 11 last night but got my flight switch to fly out of COS through IAH to get into DFW at 8. Flight out of COS was delayed for a ****ing seatbelt light being out, so I missed my connection in IAH. Then, the last flight of the night was delayed 1.5 hrs so I didn't get in to DFW til after midnight.
TLDR, **** YOU UNITED.
So Strat, I'll stop by in the next month sometime for that wine checker and your bottles.
dave99ag
AG
Happy Thanksgiving my fellow beer nerds! We'll have probably open a bomber of Yule Shoot Yer Eye Out or a Fra-Gee-Lay.

Hope your kiddo starts feeling better, LA Fours.
62strat
AG
Jock, sounds good.
Hudson2508
AG
Jason, just made a trip to Midland HEB for some last minute items and they had a good selection of Goose Island represented. So I'm holding out hope they might get a case or so. Highly doubt it but I'll still check there tomorrow and see.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
So, I don't mind going to a few others and laughing at the neckbeards scrambling for Rare.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

My dad wants me to fill his growler up tomorrow (got it for his birthday in April, from one of his favorite breweries). Is there a place in Austin that will have both growler filling capability and some BCBS?? Maybe a Whole Foods?

Do I have to wake up early or something? Never done beer Black Friday.
jah003
S
quote:
Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

My dad wants me to fill his growler up tomorrow (got it for his birthday in April, from one of his favorite breweries). Is there a place in Austin that will have both growler filling capability and some BCBS?? Maybe a Whole Foods?

Do I have to wake up early or something? Never done beer Black Friday.

Don't know about growler fills, but getting BCBS in bottles shouldn't be an issue regardless of when you wake up. Arbor Walk Specs is getting 60 cases, my local HEB is getting 20... Should be readily available.
maca1028
The rest of the labels have been approved, we'll probably see regal, barley wine, and coffee soon.

Happy Thanksgiving Ag's!
turfman80
AG
HoustonSpecs Downtown has posted that the regular BCBS will have a limit of one case, and a limit of 3 bottles on Rare. WTF! When questioned, the beer guy said they were sent 'decent' amounts, so it must be legit.
jh0400
AG
If any of you Time folks could spare a couple of bottles of regular BCBS is appreciate it. I'm going to miss the release unfortunately.
cc10106
quote:
I'll have a few dammit jim's watching football and basketball tomorrow.
Never a bad idea. I got started early with some Windlass.

Happy Thanksgiving, folks!

BTHO lsu.

La Fours
AG
Depending on how things end up here, I may take you up on that.

What's the cost for a bottle of rare any ways?
maca1028
I think it's legit, this is a picture that specs Twitter page posted
corndog04
AG
How long should I trust a crowler of IPA for? In Bend this weekend, would like to get some boneyard stuff to take back to Texas at Christmas.
wessimo
AG
So no 12oz bottles for BCBS this year? By switching formats I'm guessing that the price/oz will be jacked 2x or more. A four pack for $18 was reasonable. How much are the 500ml bottles going to be?
jah003
S
quote:
So no 12oz bottles for BCBS this year? By switching formats I'm guessing that the price/oz will be jacked 2x or more. A four pack for $18 was reasonable. How much are the 500ml bottles going to be?

Yep... Like 9 bucks. Someone did the math on Talkbeer. I want to say it's like 30% more this year.
La Fours
AG
So not even bombers at 22oz, but a tall boy in glass. 16.9oz.
turfman80
AG
aggiechris06
AG
Willing to pay for your time for anyone who snags an extra bottle of Rare tomorrow in the Tine. Anyone??
aggiechris06
AG
Dragon's Milk and FQ Temptress so far. Edge slightly to DM as it's richer and can actually taste the bourbon. Both mighty fine, though.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Dragon's Milk and FQ Temptress so far. Edge slightly to DM as it's richer and can actually taste the bourbon. Both mighty fine, though.

I didn't think FQ was bourbon barrel aged? Just temptress with chicory coffee.
wessimo
AG
I love BCBS but I'll guess I'll only get a couple this year (if I'm able to get some at all).

If I'm hankering for a BBS I've found that a teaspoon of bourbon in a good imperial stout (I prefer Narwahl) is a decent poor man's substitute.
aggiechris06
AG
My mistake, it's the coffee beans that are barrel aged. Explains why it's not so strong. Still, FQ Temptress is good but not quite to the level of Brash's Cortado
La Fours
AG
quote:
My mistake, it's the coffee beans that are barrel aged. Explains why it's not so strong. Still, FQ Temptress is good but not quite to the level of Brash's Cortado

I need to make a trip to the tine soon so I can try some Brash.
62strat
AG
Popped open a bishops barrel 6, the imperial stout. Pretty good. Very mellow, totally wouldn't guess 13%.

Regarding BCBS, it's weird the GI website still says regular stout is in 4 packs. And it's an updated website with the new bottle look and 500ml variants.
rilloaggie
AG
Got to try this as my after turkey drink!

62strat
AG
Any Denver peeps going to parrys highlands ranch tomorrow for the bourbon county tapping? Multiple variants on tap and rare in bottle.
Jock 07
AG
Rahr and sons 14 BBA winter warmer and a 14 BCBBW for me this evening. I had the 13 Rahr last year and remember enjoying it. This years sucked. Extremely thin with very little if any bourbon.
Scriffer
AG
JK Ambree (not as big a fan this time compared to what I remembered) followe by Hops & Grain a Pale Mosaic, courtesty of JAH. This is awesome stuff.
First Page Last Page
Page 792 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.