Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,724,684 Views | 62719 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Inspector Spacetime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah this was the black label one, barrel aged w/strawberry and vanilla. Well, glad to hear I didn't over pay, even if I did by my usual standards.
jah003
S
quote:
I'm already in line for Rare

#whalez #boxwhalez
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Let's start a list in Google docs or Dropbox that lists what City you are in and what you are trading. It will help if I know who is coming from where so if someone from your city can pick your beer up is saves trips.
I went ahead and started a list with some contact info and such. Feel free to edit and/or add to as necessary...

TA Westy Trade List

Also, steve00... if you see something you don't especially care for or would like a little more "prestige" let us know. I don't have a good feel for what you can get out there in Cali. For example, I can throw in a Karbach BBHv, unless you've already had one.
maca1028
quote:
I'm already in line for Rare

62strat
AG
quote:
Yeah this was the black label one, barrel aged w/strawberry and vanilla. Well, glad to hear I didn't over pay, even if I did by my usual standards.
Yeh cascades I'll buy to try, but I haven't repeated any purchases. Just too high. I purchase very little above the $25 mark.

I see on cascades website they have a 2008 kriek for $60. F- that.
AgEng06
AG
It looks like the Google Doc might not allow editing. If you guys are having an issue trying to edit let me know...
Kyle98
AG
After I asked for access, and you granted, I'm good. Added myself.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I had it set to "everyone can view" rather than "everyone can edit". When you had to request access it dawned on me to fix it. It should be good for everyone now.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Cascade, Alpine, Evil Twin, Stillwater. Has Texas finally made it? Are we here?
62strat
AG
I can't edit on my iPad. Can someone add me? tcw5457@yahoo.com, 2 west yes claimed. For trade got a crooked stave l'brett d'Cherry and a trinity red swingline sour session ipa. Im in CO so I'll probably just mail them to Steve. Jock are you mailing, maybe we can combine shipments?
62strat
AG
quote:
Judging weather or not you've made it based on what breweries are imported from other states?

Insert laugh/cry icon!
Kyle98
AG
I don't feel like digging through the thread....anyone been to Prairie's taproom? I'm going to be in Lawton for 2 weeks at the end of January. Assuming the weather is ok, is it worth the 3 hour drive there and 3 back on a Saturday?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
quote:
Judging weather or not you've made it based on what breweries are imported from other states?

Insert laugh/cry icon!
Harshing my vibes, bro. FOH.
BSD
AG
quote:
I don't feel like digging through the thread....anyone been to Prairie's taproom? I'm going to be in Lawton for 2 weeks at the end of January. Assuming the weather is ok, is it worth the 3 hour drive there and 3 back on a Saturday?

I would say no. That is a long way from Lawton for beer that is readily available. If you're doing something else up that way, then stop by, but I'd drive to Dallas for beers before Tulsa.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:

Unless Oklahoma laws have changed they aren't allowed to serve anything over 3.2% or 5% or something like that. Don't expect bomb and any variants.
Kyle98
AG
Thanks guys. I live in the Dallas-area, so I can get their beers here. I'll be at Fort Sill for two weeks for part of my Captain's Career Course. I generally enjoy visiting breweries when I can, but I'll skip this one and go to Meers for a burger instead.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
I can't edit on my iPad. Can someone add me? tcw5457@yahoo.com, 2 west yes claimed. For trade got a crooked stave l'brett d'Cherry and a trinity red swingline sour session ipa. Im in CO so I'll probably just mail them to Steve. Jock are you mailing, maybe we can combine shipments?
Got you added.
AggieOO
added myself to the list. I put myself down for 2 bottles, but not sure if there were 2 avail to claim. I was grabbing 1 for sure. feel free to knock me down to 1 if that's all that's available. I have a lot of other beer i can trade if either of the beers i listed are not acceptable, but not in front of it right now to look through stuff.
AgEng06
AG
Looks like we're at 23 bottles claimed on the Westy buy/trade. There is 1 bottle remaining.

If you spoke up about wanting a bottle before, see my post above and add your name/info to the list.
Hudson2508
AG
Looks like we're missing Streetfighter2012 and Jock07 from a previous Steve tally. If AggieOO takes just 1 that fills the quota. If one of them backs out AggieOO can take 2.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
yeah we could, I'm flying out of DIA tomorrow evening and could at least get your stuff to Texas, or we could just ship together whichever, you think is easiest. Never shipped beer before but I could drop by couple bottles off with you or grab your bottles. I'll probably throw a couple crooked staves in there unless I can think of something else from Colorado that he might like, maybe a trinity super juice solution. I'll also be flying out of DIA 21 Dec and could grab it then as well when I pick up your wine checker.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Has anybody seen Lagunitas Brown Shugga in DFW? I can't seem to find it.

Also if anyone's in the area, specs in Lowry crossing still has pumpkinator. I snagged a couple for myself. My beer budget is blown, but I didn't care.
62strat
AG
What time tomorrow? I don't get home until 3-4. Is that early enough? Would be nice to get it down to tx and in Steve's hands.

But I may be confused... When is Steve going to Texas?

Yeh actually I'm lost.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Has anybody seen Lagunitas Brown Shugga in DFW? I can't seem to find it.

Also if anyone's in the area, specs in Lowry crossing still has pumpkinator. I snagged a couple for myself. My beer budget is blown, but I didn't care.

I saw it at the Whole Foods at Preston and Forest last week. I assume it's still there
Hudson2508
AG
Steve will be in Texas December 18th so if you get me beers for him to travel back with before then that's perfect.
62strat
AG
Ok perfect so yeh if jock can get to my house tomorrow (if 4pm or earlier works), he can take my bottles and get them down there. Then it sounds like he'll go back dec 21 with my shipper and grab the goods to check back on plane.
jetch17
AG
quote:
Looks like we're at 23 bottles claimed on the Westy buy/trade. There is 1 bottle remaining.

If you spoke up about wanting a bottle before, see my post above and add your name/info to the list.

Can't edit on iPhone, but would DEFINATELY be in for 1 if you have one left.

Edit: I see they're spoken for, if you have one open up I'm in. No biggie, I know I'm late to the party
fav13andac1)c
AG
Thank you.
wessimo
AG
The market for pricey and/or "hard to find" beers is finally reaching saturation in Houston. Tonight at the Heights Kroger out on the floor there were two varieties of Cascade ($26per), Karbach VBBH, Trigave, Southern Charred, several of the previously scarce Deschutes releases (Not the Stoic, etc), Black Metal, Pumpkinator, etc..

Unfortunately they didn't have the beer I was actually looking for (Not Gandalf). I settled for some Brown Shugga.
turfman80
AG
I used to mail order from Cascade a few years ago when they still flew under the radar on shipments to Texas, with most bottles being in the $20 range. Except for a few stellar bottles, I probably won't be buying any Cascades even if readily available here... the price point is too high, esp. when you can enjoy a nice bottle of wine from Sonoma or Napa for less $$ and something your significant other would prefer over a fruited beer. The laws of economics will determine whether Cascade makes it here, but at their price point I have my doubts.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Ok perfect so yeh if jock can get to my house tomorrow (if 4pm or earlier works), he can take my bottles and get them down there. Then it sounds like he'll go back dec 21 with my shipper and grab the goods to check back on plane.

My flight isn't til 8 so I'd probably pass through round 500 or so. There's an outside chance that I might just catch a flight here out of COS. I'll be in ft worth this weekend and won't make it down to Austin. I guess I'd need some help getting our beers from ft worth down to Austin. I'll be in Houston for Christmas from 21-28 Dec and could pick out beers up from there if someone brings them to Houston. There is however a chance that I might get to Austin during that time frame. How long will Steve be in Austin for?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I used to mail order from Cascade a few years ago when they still flew under the radar on shipments to Texas, with most bottles being in the $20 range. Except for a few stellar bottles, I probably won't be buying any Cascades even if readily available here... the price point is too high, esp. when you can enjoy a nice bottle of wine from Sonoma or Napa for less $$ and something your significant other would prefer over a fruited beer. The laws of economics will determine whether Cascade makes it here, but at their price point I have my doubts.

With their price points their stuff here in Colorado just sits on the shelf. I split a bottle of bourbonic plague with a buddy of mine which made it more reasonable. It was a good beer but I sure as hell wouldn't drop 45 bucks on it.
62strat
AG
Yeh I bought bourb. Plague many months ago, and the others are still sitting there. I wonder if their cost is actually higher for some reason, or if they are jacking the price up because they believe they can. I mean, RR could put their 375ml sours at $25 and people would surely buy them still.
La Fours
AG
My guess is their pricing is based on the length of time they take to make their beers. Most of their beers are over a year old and many are over 2 years in barrels. I'll probably buy a bottle or two every few months depending on what's available here. My local heb is supposed to get black cap raspberry and strawberry this week.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'll never pay more than $30 for a beer. At that price point I'd rather have a Pinot Nair from Italy. I'll go up to $100 for a good bottle of wine. At that price point I go up to Bourbon.
First Page Last Page
Page 789 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.