Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,331 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by steve00
steve00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
so i guess i missed out on the westvleteren, despite hopping in early. guess that's what happens when you post during work week and not on the weekends.

I must have missed your original post. I have you on the list now. Depending on where you are at, you can work with others in the area to ship trade bottles, drop them off with Hudson in Austin for me to pick up, or just ship directly to me afterwards.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
so i guess i missed out on the westvleteren, despite hopping in early. guess that's what happens when you post during work week and not on the weekends.

I must have missed your original post. I have you on the list now. Depending on where you are at, you can work with others in the area to ship trade bottles, drop them off with Hudson in Austin for me to pick up, or just ship directly to me afterwards.
i'm in austin.
steve00
AG
Perfect. With two people in Austin, it should make drop off and pickup logistics easier.
La Fours
AG
Is blue owl and the worthy adversary from Austin? That spirit animal sounds awesome. And knowing you, it probably is.
jah003
S
quote:
Is blue owl and the worthy adversary from Austin? That spirit animal sounds awesome. And knowing you, it probably is.

Yea, Blue Owl is from Austin. Spirit Animal is pretty solid. Took me a few cans to make up my mind, though... It's certainly a different beer. Worthy Adversary is actually from Fulton brewing in MN. I had a few extra lying around. A very, very good RIS.
cpscAG06
AG
quote:
quote:

Yea, Blue Owl is from Austin. Spirit Animal is pretty solid. Took me a few cans to make up my mind, though... It's certainly a different beer. Worthy Adversary is actually from Fulton brewing in MN. I had a few extra lying around. A very, very good RIS.
Spirit Animal is pretty awesome
Hudson2508
AG
So it looks like most people are going to meet me in Austin at some point to pick up their Westy. If you get to me in time to swap something for Steve I can add it to his box for the return trip. If you can't get here in time you can pick it up whenever and ship a bottle or two to Steve when it makes sense.

I'm located in downtown Austin so once the beer is here I am pretty open to meeting for an exchange in the central Austin area.

PM or email me at my username @ gmail.com to talk specifics on pick up.
Scriffer
AG
Very cool! I didn't know anything about those, so I'm excited to try them out over Thanksgiving.
AggieOO
quote:
Perfect. With two people in Austin, it should make drop off and pickup logistics easier.

If there's a second bottle unaccounted for, I'll take it. If not, one will have to do.

Anything in particular you are looking for? Or any styles you prefer,
Inspector Spacetime
AG
If you haven't had Karbach's Trigave yet and live in Houston, the 11th and North Shepherd Kroger has their 4cs. just sitting out for the taking.
AggieOO
i've seen a decent amount of it sitting on shelves at HEBs in austin. didn't seem to go as fast as I thought it would.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Drank a bottle with chicken fajitas at my folks' house last night and thought the two worked well together. My dad gulped his share in about 5 min
AggieOO
quote:
Drank a bottle with chicken fajitas at my folks' house last night and thought the two worked well together. My dad gulped his share in about 5 min
better hope the fajita nazis don't find this thread.
wessimo
AG
Hearing mixed reviews on this one. Is it worth the price of admission?
aggiemike02
AG
i thought it (Trigave) was fantastic.
steve00
AG
quote:
Anything in particular you are looking for? Or any styles you prefer,

I'm hoping to catch some JK sours from some people. If not, I like IPAs, sours and barrel aged beers. Anything that I can't get on the West Coast.
AgEng06
AG
Should we start some kind of list of what people are sending so you don't get duplicates, or do you mind?
SecoKid
AG
quote:
Seco and Kyle, you are on the list for 1 each.

The order has been accepted and is being prepared. If it ships this week and doesn't get caught up in customs, then it may make it in time.

Thanks! Email me at laro10 at Yahoo and we can work out a trade
Hudson2508
AG
Let's start a list in Google docs or Dropbox that lists what City you are in and what you are trading. It will help if I know who is coming from where so if someone from your city can pick your beer up is saves trips.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Burleson HEB has barrel aged legion, backwoods bass tards, FQ Temptress, and Southern Charred.

Also "intensified" by Brooklyn Brewing but it's $24.
La Fours
AG
I've been considering the Brooklyn intensified, but the price is keeping me away. And not being impressed with their other offerings at that price point. Black ops and kriek were not impressive.
jh0400
AG
D&Q posted earlier that they got some Cascade in.
maca1028
Any word on Black Friday in Houston? I may have missed something but specs has been pretty quiet. Anyone else planning on going?
La Fours
AG
quote:

Favorite Brands was apparently offering cascade to stores here in BCS. But it was a situation of if you buy "x" then I'll sell you this case of cascade. One store told him to gtfoh with that crap.
jah003
S
quote:
Any word on Black Friday in Houston? I may have missed something but specs has been pretty quiet. Anyone else planning on going?

Not necessarily Houston related, but it's looking like only Rare and BCBS will have label approval by Friday. My beer guy told me that his distributor doesn't have approval to sell anything else. Maybe that is why they are so quiet... Holding out hope that something else gets approval?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Anyone ever try an offering from Black Shirt Brewing Company out of Denver?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:

Down to one bottle of the strawberry after I took one ($28.99). Said they'd be getting the blackberry and another variety before the end of the year and more in 2016.
jh0400
AG
$28.99 each? **** that nonsense.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'd rather spend $28.99 on a nice bottle of wine and get hosed on that.

(Unless of course the beer is comparable in ABV to a wine)
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:

Hah, I know. I feel a little sick about it but was curious having seen Cascade posted here a bit. FWIW, and maybe someone here can confirm, the guy at D&Q said they usually run closer to $35 in states that see them regularly?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
the guy at D&Q said they usually run closer to $35 in states that see them regularly?
maca1028
quote:
quote:

Not necessarily Houston related, but it's looking like only Rare and BCBS will have label approval by Friday. My beer guy told me that his distributor doesn't have approval to sell anything else. Maybe that is why they are so quiet... Holding out hope that something else gets approval?

Well...I might be doing something else with my Friday morning, I'm sure if they get rare the neckbeards will start growing about 10 Thursday night.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

Hah, I know. I feel a little sick about it but was curious having seen Cascade posted here a bit. FWIW, and maybe someone here can confirm, the guy at D&Q said they usually run closer to $35 in states that see them regularly?
I've got two different cascade strawberries, one with black label and one with the wagon and the barrel (2012 project). Former was $27 and the latter was $22.
$28 is normal, but $35 is bs. Only ones up there in mid/high 30s are bourbonic ($42) plague and sang royal ($33). Out of the ones CO has anyway, which is about 10 varieties.
NColoradoAG
I'm already in line for Rare
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I'm already in line for Rare
First Page Last Page
Page 788 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.