Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,215 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Awesome! I don't mind only taking 1 if it means more of us degenerates get some.
duck79
AG
Yes
steve00
AG
quote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/76x49efmcxq3cz7/Beer%20Cellar.xlsx?dl=0

No pm capabilities. Email above.

What issues do you have with a shipping? I've done it several times, they never ask anything except is it flammable, breakable, etc. just use a plain brown box and plenty packing material.

Ok. I've got you down.

Maybe I was just unlucky, but both times I tried to ship they shook the box and then told me they were going to X-ray it and confiscate it if there was alcohol in there. Said I needed to get some merchant account to ship with them.
BSD
AG
As I mentioned earlier, I'd take at least 6. Steve, if you're interested in pulling the trigger, hit me up on email and we'll figure out how to get it here.
62strat
AG
You can print labels at home, slap it on the box, schedule a pick up.

Much easier than going to a store anyway.
Jock 07
AG
Does anyone in Colorado have a wine shipper I could borrow to bring the bottles back from Texas with me after Christmas?
62strat
AG
I do. Great condition, only used once. Are you talking about the westys?
Jock 07
AG
I am
62strat
AG
So you'll go to Texas with shipper, acquire beer, and ship back to home?
Jock 07
AG
Was actually planning on checking on the plane back
62strat
AG
Oh yeh, perfect. Well let me know when you're up near or driving by Parker. I'm right off main st and chambers. Email above.
steve00
AG
if the shipment arrives in time, I'll mule 20 bottles to Austin on Dec 18. If Hudson2508 can meet me to take the box, then he gets an extra bottle. Everyone else gets 2, except BSD gets 4, because BSD. That leaves 1-2 left to be claimed.

62strat, Hudson2508, Chipotlemonger, Jock07, Streetfighter2012, Jh0400, AgEng06, BSD

If you want to send trade bottles to Hudson2508, then I can just check them back home to SD. Otherwise, you can ship me something later on.

If I have extr room in the box, I can take requests for some West Coast beers as well.
62strat
AG
Have a look at my cellar file and let me know what gets your attention. Most of the CO stuff I'll definitely let go since I can get it. I was speaking more of the Firestone walker, Russian river, bruery, etc that I want to hold on to but I'm sure you can get all that.

Or if I don't have a CO beer you want, let me know I can keep an eye out.
Hudson2508
AG
I should be able to do that Steve. Let me know some times and places we could meet. I'm downtown so I can meet anywhere central.
steve00
AG
quote:
Have a look at my cellar file and let me know what gets your attention. Most of the CO stuff I'll definitely let go since I can get it. I was speaking more of the Firestone walker, Russian river, bruery, etc that I want to hold on to but I'm sure you can get all that.

Or if I don't have a CO beer you want, let me know I can keep an eye out.

I don't see much Crooked Stave around here. I'd be interested in their berry petite sours. I don't know what the market is for those, so whatever you think makes sense.
62strat
AG
That's a good question, I saw those on the shelf back earlier this year, a different kind every couple of weeks. Lots of quantities. I bought about each kind, now I haven't seen them. Not sure if it was one offs or what. NOCO you know anything about those?

I work 3 miles from the tap room, I guess I could just go there.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Opened up my bottle of 512 WBADPP from 2014 tonight and it is just not good. Way over carbed and has a weird tart flavor with almost no whiskey flavor. Anyone else have that experience? Just too long in the bottle or what? It's been stored at 55 degrees since I bought it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Is that the only day you'll be in town?
jah003
S
Hit up Austin Beerworks today and enjoyed the phenomenal weather. ABW has officially become my second favorite brewery to visit in Austin. They're pumping out some seriously awesome beer. Midnight Swordfight is one the better Bourbon barrel aged beers I've had this year.

Came home and made some prime steaks and opened a 2014 Backwoods. Oh, and no work tomorrow... Today was a good day.

(Crappy iPhone pic is crappy)
SecoKid
AG
quote:
if the shipment arrives in time, I'll mule 20 bottles to Austin on Dec 18. If Hudson2508 can meet me to take the box, then he gets an extra bottle. Everyone else gets 2, except BSD gets 4, because BSD. That leaves 1-2 left to be claimed.

62strat, Hudson2508, Chipotlemonger, Jock07, Streetfighter2012, Jh0400, AgEng06, BSD

If you want to send trade bottles to Hudson2508, then I can just check them back home to SD. Otherwise, you can ship me something later on.

If I have extr room in the box, I can take requests for some West Coast beers as well.

If there are any left I'm interested.
steve00
AG
I have you down for at least one. Where are you at?
turfman80
AG
Any idea what , if any, Black Friday releases will be held in B/CS?
Kyle98
AG
quote:
I'll take one if there are any unclaimed. I'm in DFW area.
jh0400
AG
I'm only going to take one, so my second is available.
SecoKid
AG
quote:

I'm in San Antonio. I can meetup with Hudson in Austin to get it.
steve00
AG
Seco and Kyle, you are on the list for 1 each.

The order has been accepted and is being prepared. If it ships this week and doesn't get caught up in customs, then it may make it in time.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Stopped at Yazoo today. Good beer. Terrible tap room.

It was substandard.

However, there was talent to be seen and they had some good beers. Really liked the Sue smoked porter and the Embrace the Funk beers. It would not take them much to make it better.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
quote:
Stopped at Yazoo today. Good beer. Terrible tap room.

It was substandard.

However, there was talent to be seen and they had some good beers. Really liked the Sue smoked porter and the Embrace the Funk beers. It would not take them much to make it better.
I didn't make it to Yazoo. I was planning on hitting their kiosk at the airport on the way home yesterday after grabbing lunch, but it look like an hour to get our food, so by the time we finished eating, our flight was boarding.

We did get to a couple of breweries down in Franklin, though. Hit Cool Springs on Friday night for dinner (good food, ok beer), then checked out Mantra Artisan Ales on Saturday afternoon before heading into Nashville for the game. Mantra had some pretty damn good beers. Impressive for only being open for a week.
Kyle98
AG
Steve, no PM ability, shoot me an email and we can figure out what I can give you in return. I can't get down to Austin by the time you'll be there, so I'll have to ship you something. I don't have much, but I'm sure we can work something out.

jkylenelson (at) gmail (dot) com

Hudson, if you end up with the Westys in Austin, I'll be down there Super Bowl weekend, so hopefully we can work something out to meet up that weekend ('m going to try to get to JK either Saturday or Sunday before the game).
Scriffer
AG
Got home from Nashville at 11:30 last night to a box of goodies from jah. Much appreciated, sir!
AggieOO
so i guess i missed out on the westvleteren, despite hopping in early. guess that's what happens when you post during work week and not on the weekends.
jah003
S
quote:
Got home from Nashville at 11:30 last night to a box of goodies from jah. Much appreciated, sir!

Glad everything made it safely. Enjoy!
MW13
AG
Not sure if anybody is going to the game this week but if so I recommend Tin Roof Brewing in Baton Rouge. We had a good time in there when we were through this summer and its very close to Death Valley.

Also if you are driving . . . outside Lafayette a short skip off the beaten path is Bayou Teche in Arnaudville and Parish Brewing in Broussard. If I could only make one I'd go Bayou Teche.
jh0400
AG
I was in for two, but I'm only going to take one. You can have the other.
AggieOO
i'll take it.

anyone know how are we doing this? I tried clicking on the dropbox link, but doesn't seem to be working.
First Page Last Page
Page 787 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.