Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

8,041,418 Views | 63298 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Think I'm glad I only bought one of these.

maca1028
Damn...oh well, more time to drink beer!
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Think I'm glad I only bought one of these.

http://i.imgur.com/niMZe9y.jpg

What?! Don't tell me that! I've been holding onto one of those damn things for a while.
Jason_Ag98
AG
That may explain why it's still sitting on the shelf at my local HEB. I think they finally lowered the price from $17.99 to $12.99 to get rid of it. I haven't opened my bottle yet but probably will soon to make room in my beer fridge for something else.
La Fours
AG
That's a shame. I really liked that beer and wish I had more.
steve00
AG
quote:
That's a shame. I really liked that beer and wish I had more.

I like it as well. I probably drink one per month, but I do like overly boozy barrel aged stuff.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm getting mixed messages. Is it good or bad? Or does it depend?
corndog04
AG
I like it, I just don't $18 like it.
Whoop04
Same here
Jock 07
AG
Certainly not the worst beer but it was just a little too sweet for me. Kind of seemed like a boozy grape juice to me.
jetch17
AG
As mentioned on the pther page, anyone gone out and had any Brash EZ-7 around Tine this week? I may go find some at lunch today and give it a whirl.
La Fours
AG
Wtf is this Brash stuff? New tine brewery?
BSD
AG
Brash is from the owner of Petrol. Apparently he couldn't own a bar AND a brewery in Texas until recently.

P.S. support Open the Taps so more bull**** like this ends.
jetch17
AG
Yeah, hasnt Brash been going up north already? but just couldnt get it operating here with the laws.

quote:
After being exiled by our home state of Texas because of archaic three tier laws, we found a home and much nicer weather in Ipswich Massachusetts. There we have been able to share our passion for craft beer in the form of what we believe to be world class examples of traditional and non traditional styles.

Now Ben (petrol) has everything permitted and is brewing and distributing from the Brash brewery here in Tine with EZ-7 kegs going out to local bars last week.

EZ-7 is supposed to be great, P*ssy Wagon IPA is coming out next which ive heard good things about as Brash has dropped some test kegs around town in the past. Vulgar Display of Power is another beer thats upcoming that Ben was raving about last time i talked to him at petrol

maca1028
The one person I know that had vulgar raved about it and expected it to be highly sought after once it starts hitting taps
jetch17
AG
No EZ-7 at BRC, delivery got delayed... Expected today and to last thru holiday weekend
cc10106
quote:
As mentioned on the pther page, anyone gone out and had any Brash EZ-7 around Tine this week? I may go find some at lunch today and give it a whirl.
I had a couple EZ-7 pours at the downtown Saucer last night. Pretty dank APA, but i would have preferred less dry-hopping. Only $3 a pour, so you probably can't beat that.
turfman80
AG
JK releasing Vernal Dichotomous tomorrow. If anyone is headed there this weekend, I would make it worth your while to pick me up 1-2 bottles. Have trade stuff like Cascade, etc. or can do a $$ swap.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/blog/
corndog04
AG
2 other things for you guys coming to Portland soon:

The Upper Lip is a bar above Bailey's Tap Room that has about 6 taps and a wall full of rare bottles for on-site consumption. Bailey's already usually has a great tap list, but the Upper Lip will typically carry the most exclusive stuff they have available. Worth checking out to get some rare/unique stuff, but it is pricey and atmosphere is a little stuffy for my tastes. The bar is sorta hidden from the street as there is no real sign, basically walk down the alley and look for a door with a lit-up bottle logo across the street from Tugboat brewing. Neither Bailey's nor the Upper Lip are open on Sundays/Mondays IIRC.

Also - a new place opens up next week called the Loyal Legion. It is a large beer hall that features 99 taps of only Oregon-made beer, cider, and mead. I'm really interested to see some reviews on this place. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
In Vancouver now, beer options are great. 99% of stuff we haven't seen in the states. Now to battle customs bringing it back home tomorrow.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
the states

Hah. I feel so douchy saying this.
jetch17
AG
Finally tracked down some brash, I very much dig it

Bmac04
AG
3 in person trades and 2 boxes yesterday just in time for the long weekend

jah003
S
That Pseudo is really really good... They starting brewing in Florida and shipping it back. Seems like quality control would drop off, but it still kicks ass.

And once again... you win.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
I'm headed to Boerne this weekend for my 20th. I'll see if I can find us some.

Did you find any of the freetail here?
La Fours
AG
He did. Hooked me up with a 6 pack of their Berliner.
dave99ag
AG
I drove into the Spec's at De Zavala and they had tons of Freetail. Very good selection of beer there.

I never made it to the HEB in Boerne to see if they had anything.
EFE
AG
Had some Fathom at the Cock for lunch along with my chicken biscuits smothered in the unborn
streetfighter2012
AG
Looks like I'll be heading to Monterey, California in late October with my girlfriend while she goes to a Veterinary Conference. Anyone have suggestions for breweries or bottle shops in the area?
La Fours
AG
SARA should be about an hour or so north of there in Capitola. Not sure on any bottle shops. There is a wine shop by the Portola Plaza hotel. At least there was back in 2007.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
No Label released their latest beer in the Off Label Series, Suburban Funk. It's a cherry sour. Picked a few up today at the Blackhawk Shell. I've liked the others in this series, though I think the Boomstick porter wasn't as good as the Nightmare on 1st Street and the Perpetual Peace.
army01
AG
quote:
3 in person trades and 2 boxes yesterday just in time for the long weekend

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae312/bmac04/Mobile%20Uploads/4D279F10-A75D-470F-A94F-D8A64D7338A9_zpsppvqexkk.jpg[/img]
[img]http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m35pjvch5Y1qb7ikeo1_500.gif" />
NColoradoAG
https://instagr.am/p/4sOG1hR-De

Lazy day in Pagosa Springs
Chipotlemonger
AG
Drinking a lot of great-for-summer beers today.

Alaskan Summer
Grapevine Lakefire Rye Pale Ale
Karbach Weisse Versa Wheat
Deep Ellum Blonde
BSD
AG
3 Floyds Alpha King with my Slayer "burger" at Kumas.

First Page Last Page
Page 713 of 1809

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.