Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,724,814 Views | 62719 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
528 Shell Station released Blushing Monk today.

528 HEB also has FBM, and it's cheaper by a couple bucks I'm told.

Specs had Blushing Monk for like $17...which is was a bit cheaper. Pretty damn good.
defroach
quote:
quote:

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/tabc-label-and-brewery-approvals-march-16-2015/
This was found on that link...

quote:
Goose Island Proprietor's Bourbon County (B, K it lists it as a can, but know it is a bottle)

General feelings on this one is that it is for festivals. I highly doubt we will ever see bottles around.
army01
AG
Or is it one of the many labels that A-B put i works to slow down the approval process for craft breweries?
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Just go to Sheffield's and raid the cellar collection. All will be right with the world if you do.

This place is awesome.
Scriffer
AG
2012 Mo Bretta Bretta
turfman80
AG
Anyone headed to Jester King Friday? I'm contemplating a trip to pick up M&B and hopefully some Repose if its still available.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
Just go to Sheffield's and raid the cellar collection. All will be right with the world if you do.

This place is awesome.

Quit posting and get the cellar list, dammit.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This place is awesome.

Quit posting and get the cellar list, dammit.

Fine!!!!

The Mo Bretta Bretta was from 2012 and was awesome. I wanted the Red Poppy, but they had sold out.

Also had Three Floyds Shred the Gnar. Really good DIPA.
maca1028
Is that $38 for a regular old Rasputin?
Jock 07
AG
And 30 something for an old stock?
La Fours
AG
But they are vintage!! Probably two years old. Much rar.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Is that $38 for a regular old Rasputin?

I think it was like....Really old...or something.

Maybe served to you by a harem of virgin midgets. I'm not entirely clear on that part.
BSD
AG
is there a cellar fridge there with beers not listed there? I seem to remember another "level" of beers above why i see on that list.

Also, be sure to hit Kumas on the way back to your hotel.
Scriffer
AG
Yeah I checked the fridge. It was pretty close to what's on the list with some minor differences.
AggieOO
quote:
Foiled!! Out of Dragon's Milk.

The search continues tomorrow.

It will be in Dallas soon enough. Unfortunately not to Austin. It is outstanding though. I seek it out every time I'm up north.
Jock 07
AG
So wheat wines seem to becoming more and more popular.
gordo97
AG
How much was Apple Brandy Noir for y'all that were able to get some? I was just wondering since Bomb is $7.99 where I saw it.
maca1028
$11.99
gordo97
AG
Wow..... That be steep
aggiemike02
AG
paid $11.99 as well
62strat
AG
quote:
But they are vintage!! Probably two years old. Much rar.
Many of the beers list the vintage if they are old.. rasputin doesn't..
aggiemike02
AG
since none of us wrote the menu or saw the bottle....i guess there is no way to know amirite?
62strat
AG
I know that sierra ovila quad is only about $3 or $4 by my house, and $8 there, the breuery bombers are only about $23, and $30 up there, and avery pumpKYn in $13 here and $20 there.
So no doubt this place (or that region) is high.

But I was in Bay area a year or two back and saw a NB la folie for only $13, and it's almost $20 in denver.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I know that sierra ovila quad is only about $3 or $4 by my house, and $8 there, the breuery bombers are only about $23, and $30 up there, and avery pumpKYn in $13 here and $20 there.

But I was in Bay area a year or two back and saw a NB la folie for only $13, and it's almost $20 in denver.
Restaurant bottle prices are always higher than retail. You are basically paying the restaurant markup on typical retail prices. Then they also price things on rarity, age, etc.

The New Belgium thing is still a head scratcher. They claim that there is something wrong with the SKU's, but it seems unlikely that they would be incorrect for 3+ years. I've ordered La Folie and Le Terrior the past several years online. They run about $12-15 a bottle with shipping and I get a bottle shipper out of the deal.
Scriffer
AG
Yeah, I picked up a retail Tart of Darkness for $23ish yesterday, so a lot of that definitely is simply restaurant markup.

Also grabbed an Absinthe Barrel Aged Klutzy Buffoon with Cherries Saison from Spiteful Brewing. Not exactly sure how that's going to work out.
AggieOO
that sounds terrible.
jetch17
AG
La Fours
AG
Hell yes Jetch!! What did you get put in the crowler?
Scriffer
AG
Yeah I actually didn't see the absinthe part initially. I had been in there awhile and just saw "barrel aged saison."
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

Restaurant bottle prices are always higher than retail. You are basically paying the restaurant markup on typical retail prices. Then they also price things on rarity, age, etc.

The New Belgium thing is still a head scratcher. They claim that there is something wrong with the SKU's, but it seems unlikely that they would be incorrect for 3+ years. I've ordered La Folie and Le Terrior the past several years online. They run about $12-15 a bottle with shipping and I get a bottle shipper out of the deal.
Ahh, I thought this place was a store. I would have never raised the question had I known this was a restaurant; of course they mark up alcohol.
jetch17
AG
quote:
Hell yes Jetch!! What did you get put in the crowler?
that was just from FB but i want one!
La Fours
AG
Ah... cool.
Stoli7
Picked up 2 blushing monks.

Hopefully they are worth the price.
maca1028
How much were they?
La Fours
AG
Nice. I've heard good things about it. I hope the price is reasonable.
First Page Last Page
Page 650 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.