Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,788,795 Views | 62841 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by big-ag
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Societe in San Diego.

It's a National Treasure.
BSD
AG
Treasures.
BSD
AG
Oh wait, thought we were talking about something else.
cc10106
quote:
Central market in houston just got blushing monk, has anyone had it?
Haven't tried it yet, but i stopped by CM earlier, and they had a bunch of it. I passed on it and got some Odell Brazzle instead. Then i found a BA Bigfoot on my way home. That was worth the headache that is hwy 290.
maca1028
Scriffer
AG
Anyone have any recs for bars / bottle shops in the River North area in Chicago? I'm staying between State & Michigan on the river and would like to keep it walking distance from there.

Looking back through the thread (crazy that the search function pretty much works now), almost all of the recs were pretty far north (Hopleaf, Map Room, Revolution, etc.), and I just won't be able to get up that way.

I'm going to try and hit a Binny's or the North Loop Market for bottles. Left plenty of room in the suitcase for the trip home.
Matsui
AG
http://res.dallasnews.com/interactives/craft-beer-map/
BSD
AG
Scriffer, I hit Binnys in the loop the last time I was there. That may be your best bet.
Scriffer
BSD
AG
If you get a chance to head up north, let me know and I'll offer up a few more recs.
NoneGiven
AG
Blow this idiots mailbox up

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/slideshow/Texas-legislators-introduced-some-odd-bills-105438/photo-7029757.php

HB 3389 from Rep. Senfronia Thompson (D-Houston): Would dramatically reduced the amount of beer craft breweries could sell with a self-distribution license. The number of barrels would fall from 40,000 annually to 5,000 annually.
aggiemike02
AG
quote:

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/slideshow/Texas-legislators-introduced-some-odd-bills-105438/photo-7029757.php

HB 3389 from Rep. Senfronia Thompson (D-Houston): Would dramatically reduced the amount of beer craft breweries could sell with a self-distribution license. The number of barrels would fall from 40,000 annually to 5,000 annually.
Bill was pulled today. no longer in consideration as i understand it.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

Does she even state a reason for the bill?
Jock 07
AG
but somebody has to protect poor ol silver eagle I suppose
DallasAggie2012
AG
Hopefully so. What an embarrassment to government with crap like that. I'm sure there are plenty of people with a lot of skin in the game that would like to see stuff like that happen though.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:

Bill was pulled today. no longer in consideration as i understand it.
Good to hear. Guess the beer alliance won't be writing her as big a check next year
Ranger222
AG
Here's a best craft breweries bracketbased on region.

Kinda sad I don't know who some of those guys are.
BSD
AG
So after a long ass 5 days in San Diego solo with a 6 year old, I'm having a glass of the Track #10 to free up weight in the luggage so we can fit all of his freaking Lego toys. solid beer.

(File photo from the purchase the other day)
Jock 07
AG
My selection for this evening

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Had an Evil Twin Biscotti Break Natale Pretty Please With Cherry On Top. It was solid.
La Fours
AG

Slainte guys.
Scriffer
AG
At a pub in Chicago. Daisy Cutter up soon to be followed by Dragon's Milk.
La Fours
AG
Awesome. Love me some daisy cutter. So good.
Scriffer
AG
Foiled!! Out of Dragon's Milk.

The search continues tomorrow.
BSD
AG
Just go to Sheffield's and raid the cellar collection. All will be right with the world if you do.
Scriffer
AG
*checking company expense policy*

Well crap.

Maybe tomorrow night anyway
dave99ag
AG
Check the next slide in the odd bills article. Looks he wants to have a beer at the sip stadium.

HB 336 from Rep. Tony Dale (R-Austin): Would allow people carrying an alcoholic beverage to enter or leave a stadium built no later than 1994 that seats at least 45,000 in a county with a population of more than 1.6 million or a stadium seating more than 6,000 in a county with a population of 420,000 or more that is adjacent to the county containing the state capitol. Travis and Williamson counties would meet the requirements.
army01
AG
quote:
Check the next slide in the odd bills article. Looks he wants to have a beer at the sip stadium.

HB 336 from Rep. Tony Dale (R-Austin): Would allow people carrying an alcoholic beverage to enter or leave a stadium built no later than 1994 that seats at least 45,000 in a county with a population of more than 1.6 million or a stadium seating more than 6,000 in a county with a population of 420,000 or more that is adjacent to the county containing the state capitol. Travis and Williamson counties would meet the requirements.
DKR and Dell Diamond?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I doubt Dell Diamond seats 45K

ETA: Dell Diamond record crowd was 13k

Oh, I didn't see the part about a stadium with more than 6k
defroach
I meant to post this the other day:

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/tabc-label-and-brewery-approvals-march-16-2015/

A lot of interesting label approvals on this one.

Along with that, today Rebel Toad Brewing in Corpus Christi got brewery approval.

Along with Brouwerij Oud Beersel
La Fours
AG
quote:

This was found on that link...

quote:
Goose Island Proprietor's Bourbon County (B, K it lists it as a can, but know it is a bottle)
62strat
AG
Is there a label approval type website for other states? Or is TX the only one really tracking it because of their weird laws? Curious about CO.
62strat
AG
quote:
I meant to post this the other day:

A lot of interesting label approvals on this one.

"Tennet"

Ahh, the bud light of scotland.
Hugo Stiglitzz
528 Shell Station released Blushing Monk today.

528 HEB also has FBM, and it's cheaper by a couple bucks I'm told.

Jock 07
AG
This has made it's way down here to coaltrain.

First Page Last Page
Page 649 of 1796

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.