Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,308 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by jah003
BurnetAggie99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ballast Point Pale Ale The Original. Not a big IPA guy but after doing research this is actually a Kolsh German style beer. Made with German hops that are noticeable but not over powering like a lot of IPA's. The Wheat and the yeast give it a nice balance and crispness.
maca1028
It's been a long time since I've been to JK, I might have to get some "family" together and make a day trip to the hill country.
jh0400
AG
Anyone passing through Santa Rosa that wants to bring a Row 2, Hill 56 or three back to the Tine?
gordo97
AG
there's a bunch of Bomb just sitting on hte shelf at whole foods by my house........ has this beer fallen off the neckbeards favorites list lately?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That one bottle limit for MvB sucks. I'll only have my wife with me if we go.

I think bomb is just pretty easily attainable at this point so it's sitting around longer.
Represent830
AG
TexAgs meetup at JK this weekend?
AgEng06
AG
quote:
TexAgs meetup at JK this weekend?
jh0400
AG
Did JK drop the online reservation system that they used for CdT and MvB release last year?
jah003
S
quote:
Did JK drop the online reservation system that they used for CdT and MvB release last year?
Batch 1 of MvB was 1200 bottles I believe... So, 3000 bottles doesn't really warrant a reservation system. I don't think you'll see this again at JK. Natural Union was 800 bottles and they didn't have a reservation system.
Jock 07
AG
Remind me again about the details of the new law down there vis a vis buying to go bottles at breweries now
jah003
S
quote:
Remind me again about the details of the new law down there vis a vis buying to go bottles at breweries now

Don't think its been passed yet, but it would allow all breweries/brewpubs under a certain size to sell bottles and growlers on site. JK can only sell bottles cause they call themselves a "brewpub". However, they can't sell growlers right now.

Picking up growlers at breweries here in Austin would be pretty bad ass...
Stoli7
I bet JK will be a cluster **** this weekend with sxsw going on.
Represent830
AG
quote:
I bet JK will be a cluster **** this weekend with sxsw going on.
NoneGiven
AG
Why would people travel to Austin to attend SXSW only to drive out to the hill country to grab some beer?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Don't think its been passed yet, but it would allow all breweries/brewpubs under a certain size to sell bottles and growlers on site. JK can only sell bottles cause they call themselves a "brewpub". However, they can't sell growlers right now.

Picking up growlers at breweries here in Austin would be pretty bad ass...
is there a legal definition of "brewpup"? Does JK have a kitchen?
Hugo Stiglitzz
quote:
is there a legal definition of "brewpup"? Does JK have a kitchen?
Yes, they make really good pizza at JK.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I thought it had to do with quantity of barrels and nothing to do with food. I was also under the impression Stanley' Farm House Pizza was a separate entity.
BSD
AG
Couldn't help myself. Fug it.

Scriffer
AG
I want to go back so bad. That was the first stop on our four brewery tour. Could have hung out all day.
maca1028
I hate you
maca1028
Central market in houston just got blushing monk, has anyone had it?
dave99ag
AG
quote:
I want to go back so bad. That was the first stop on our four brewery tour. Could have hung out all day.

Just wait until we hit the Bend Ale Trail... 10+ breweries within walking distance.
jah003
S
quote:
Why would people travel to Austin to attend SXSW only to drive out to the hill country to grab some beer?

I went one year during SXSW and it was a cluster of SXSW hipsters... Most that I talked to were from out of state. Still remember a heifer got lose from the farm next door and this CA hipster just about crapped her pants.
jah003
S
quote:
I thought it had to do with quantity of barrels and nothing to do with food. I was also under the impression Stanley' Farm House Pizza was a separate entity.

Yep... Brewpub in TX has nothing to do with food really. Stanley's is a seperate entity all together. And yes, their pizza is delightful.
Scriffer
AG
62strat
AG
Wait.. TX has their own definition of Brewpub?

Good lord.

A brewpub should be a brewery that serves food.. hands down.
And there is also distillerypub; A law just passed in CO to allow these.

So in TX, do you define yourself as a brewpub solely for the fact you want to sell beer on site?
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:

I went one year during SXSW and it was a cluster of SXSW hipsters... Most that I talked to were from out of state. Still remember a heifer got lose from the farm next door and this CA hipster just about crapped her pants.
Any idea what weekend? I guess with interactive ending there are plenty of kilted neck beards that could hang around for a couple more days to snag some beer.
Hub05
AG

BSD strikes again. thanks for your generosity and I can't wait to try some of the new cs lineup
SecoKid
AG
quote:
Wait.. TX has their own definition of Brewpub?

Good lord.

A brewpub should be a brewery that serves food.. hands down.
And there is also distillerypub; A law just passed in CO to allow these.

So in TX, do you define yourself as a brewpub solely for the fact you want to sell beer on site?

In Texas, there is a brewpub license and a production brewery license. If you are a brewpub, you can now sell beer onsite and to go (since 2013), up to 5,000 barrels I believe. If you are a production brewery, you can now (since 2013) sell beer for onsite consumption only. I think JK changed their license from production brewery to brewpub after the law changed in 2013. I don't believe TABC has any requirements for brewpub vs. brewery, just limitations in each.
Whoop04
Serious question: What is the justification for these laws period? I get the license requirement, but how is the public good being served by having quantity restrictions.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
Serious question: What is the justification for these laws period? I get the license requirement, but how is the public good being served by having quantity restrictions.
It's not the public good, but the well-being of major distributors.
Ags #1
AG
Love me some bible belt
BSD
AG
quote:
I hate you

I'm bringing you back a decal if that makes you feel any better.
62strat
AG
So a brewery with kitchen and only selling beer for onsiteconsumption is not a brewpub? Got it. Makes perfect sense.
La Fours
AG
I don't even know what I'm looking at or what brewery that is from.
First Page Last Page
Page 648 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.