Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,690,971 Views | 62675 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by maca1028
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same here. I decided to say the hell with antibiotics. I'm drinking A Peace No Money Could Buy. Very good bb quad.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Infamous Sweep the Leg

Not bad - the peanut butter is there but not overwhelming.

Had some of this in Austin tonight as well. Not too bad.
army01
AG
I need to find this infamous pb beer.
army01
AG
****...two bombers in 3 hours can be a little rough. Here's hoping the kids slip until 8 tomorrow.
maca1028
A friend of mine is traveling to Brazil and South Korea over the next couple of months, is there anything worth looking for?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
That's a strange combination of places to visit over a span of a couple weeks.
maca1028
That's about the same exact thing I said when he told me where all he was going...I forgot to add China
wessimo
AG
Got to try Westy 12 for the first time yesterday. It was good but didn't quite live up to the hype (shocking I know).
cc10106
Drinking a 5 Stones Back From Bridge City white IPA with grapefuit. Good stuff.
Hub05
AG
A while back a couple of us did a westy 12 vs Rochefort 12 and we all preferred the latter.

On another note, I got the chance to buy a couple bottles of 2014 Hunahpu with my el catador membership. However, I have plenty of it. First person who has never had it, can paypal me $20 for the bottle, and send me a shipping label (or can take directions on how to make one) gets the bottle. I will fill the box with some random FL stuff when I ship it out. Please reply here and send me an email username at outlook.com
aggiemike02
AG
Hub

Never had any and would love to try some! I will email you tonight if not taken already.
Hub05
AG
Mike, it is yours!
BSD
AG
Hub, did you get my email last week?
Hub05
AG
Yessir, got busy and forgot to respond. I have a bottle with your name on it.
BSD
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Finally getting settled into my new house in Richmond. There is a huge Kroger off 99, but the selection is horrible. Anyone know if the Specs or Whole Foods in Sugarland is any good?

That Kroger is ok when it comes time for Karbach FUN releases but that's about it. The Specs in Fulshear is ok but will never have any limited release stuff. The two best places out here are WF Sugar Land and the HEB on Fry in Cinco Ranch.

We live in Long Meadow Farms but I work at the Galleria so I just try to buy beer from Central Market after work.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Drank 2 BCBS tonight. I don't think I have the tolerance to age any of them until next year.

They're just too damn good.
gordo97
AG
Here's a strange question. Does anyone here get really hungry after they drink a stout or two? Happens to me every time. And it's usually a craving for pizza or burgers or other junk food.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'm the opposite. I can drink a few stouts in place of a meal.

Just read what I wrote and realized I'm probably an alcoholic.
La Fours
AG
Lol. I have that same problem. At best, they make it 6 months.
Ags #1
AG
Specs dowtown htown with plenty of bbh
army01
AG
quote:
Here's a strange question. Does anyone here get really hungry after they drink a stout or two? Happens to me every time. And it's usually a craving for pizza or burgers or other junk food.
Yeah...that's why I'm fat. I try to convince my wife that she needs to be cool with me drinking beer with dinner, because in the end, I'll consume less calories.

Instead, I wait until everyone is in bed and I am studying or working to have a few...then end up making myself a sandwich to go along with it.
gordo97
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah...that's why I'm fat. I try to convince my wife that she needs to be cool with me drinking beer with dinner, because in the end, I'll consume less calories.

Instead, I wait until everyone is in bed and I am studying or working to have a few...then end up making myself a sandwich to go along with it.
That sounds just like me.... Late night after-beer snacks are killing my waistline
gordo97
AG
Enjoying a beer I picked up in Vegas..... Gentlemen's Club ale brewed with cherries, lemons and oranges and then aged in bourbon barrels..... A collaboration between Widmer and Cigar City..... Really really good brew!!!!
maca1028
Anyone crack a BBH yet...thoughts?
gordo97
AG
Is this batch of BBH a larger batch since it's gonna be a regular release from now on?
maca1028
It seemed like all the places that got it today got a lot
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
Drank 2 BCBS tonight. I don't think I have the tolerance to age any of them until next year.

They're just too damn good.

Holy crap...2 BCBS could kill a lesser man.
dave99ag
AG
A nice shipment arrived today. The ones on the left came from the Rare Beer Club that my wife got me for Christmas. A co-worker picked up the JK's for me over the weekend.

Jock 07
AG
Ski Beer

aggielax48
AG
Really enjoyed the Oddwood Saison.
No Bat Soup For You
AG

I stumbled across this from a local Oklahoma brewery. It's up there with some of the BCBS stuff IMO (it's twice the price so it should be). I will be trying to get my hands on more.
jah003
S
quote:
A nice shipment arrived today. The ones on the left came from the Rare Beer Club that my wife got me for Christmas. A co-worker picked up the JK's for me over the weekend.

I'd sit on that Natural Union for a few months if you can. When I had it on tap the bitterness seemed a little out of whack... Feel like a few months would help balance it out.
dave99ag
AG
Rodger on that.

Maybe I'll open the Evil Twin this weekend.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Anyone in Houston have a World's Worst Twin for trade?
First Page Last Page
Page 603 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.