Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,853 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by steve00
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Here's a strange question. Does anyone here get really hungry after they drink a stout or two? Happens to me every time. And it's usually a craving for pizza or burgers or other junk food.
Yeah...that's why I'm fat. I try to convince my wife that she needs to be cool with me drinking beer with dinner, because in the end, I'll consume less calories.

Instead, I wait until everyone is in bed and I am studying or working to have a few...then end up making myself a sandwich to go along with it.
That sounds just like me.... Late night after-beer snacks are killing my waistline
I cut out drinking for the 2-3 months leading up to my wedding and dropped about 9-10 pounds. Didn't change a single other thing.

Haven't done that experiment again since.
maca1028
Wierd
aggiechris06
AG
I know that I can't stand when people ask for brewery suggestions for cities that have already been discussed in previous pages, but I'm going to do it anyway....

going to Austin this weekend on Saturday and needs recommendations for where the must visit breweries in the area are. due to previous commitments, I won't be able to make it to any breweries until about 4 p.m.
Stoli7
Jester king . Hopes and grain. Austin beerworks.

Pinthouse pizza is pretty cool too
wessimo
AG
Weird is their shtick
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I made friends with the local liquor store owner here at my job in Oklahoma by giving her a BCBS (they don't distribute here). She said she's going to try and order me a case ofthe Choc Whiskey Barrel Quad at a big discount. If she comes through I'll give a bunch a away to some the regular posters here. I think everyone would be shocked how good it is. It blows everything ive had by Prairie out of the water.
jah003
S
quote:
I know that I can't stand when people ask for brewery suggestions for cities that have already been discussed in previous pages, but I'm going to do it anyway....

going to Austin this weekend on Saturday and needs recommendations for where the must visit breweries in the area are. due to previous commitments, I won't be able to make it to any breweries until about 4 p.m.

My favorites... (In no particular order):

Jester King
Austin Beerworks
Hops and Grain
Adelberts
Pinthouse
cc10106
Speaking of Hops & Grain, I'm enjoying a Porter Culture right now. Delicious.
AgEng06
AG
I just had a Greenhouse IPA myself.
NoneGiven
AG
I just got sexted!

turfman80
AG
very nice!
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
I had one last night too, thanks to jah. It was sweeter and not as roasty as other porters I'm used to, I liked it a lot too.
NoneGiven
AG
It is worth visiting their tap room to try some of the barreled versions of that porter.
La Fours
AG
Damn. That's a nice haul. Do you live in California?
NoneGiven
AG
My lady is there for work. I think I'll keep her
jh0400
AG
Saw this on Twitter. Looks interesting.

cc10106
quote:
quote:
I had one last night too, thanks to jah. It was sweeter and not as roasty as other porters I'm used to, I liked it a lot too.
Their latest newsletter mentioned a rum barrel aged sour barleywine in their Greenhouse system as well, which piqued my interest. Hope i can visit there during my next ATX trip.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Saw this on Twitter. Looks interesting.

If it is as good as their gin barrel aged Contemplating Waterloo, I am in
La Fours
AG
This actually sounds better than Waterloo.
DaveHimself
AG
Henny - got your BA Legion...remind me if you are ever in Ft. Worth?

If any Ft Worth folks looking for BBTemptress, Liqorama off 820/Blue Mound had 2 cases a few days ago per a friend.

Thumbs up to that Tripel Treat
DaveHimself
AG
dp
62strat
AG
quote:
My lady is there for work. I think I'll keep her
not impressed unless they are for her to drink

My wife would be all over those; her favorites are ipas and sours
Jock 07
AG
So anyone know anything about this years beer camp? Looks like it's just one beer this year, not a colab deal. Saw the cases tonight at the liquor store.
wessimo
AG
BA legion tonight. Good stuff.
turfman80
AG
Enjoying some Union Jack bottled Jan. 8th that I picked up in Houston Monday. Meanwhile , B/CS sits with empty shelves .... I am talking to you Hilliard!!!!!
MW13
AG
quote:
If any Ft Worth folks looking for BBTemptress, Liqorama off 820/Blue Mound had 2 cases a few days ago per a friend.
Uh I can confirm and repeat: Liq-O-Rama still has BBT!

I had to ask 3 employees before one knew what I was talking about haha . . . freakin Saginaw.
Scriffer
AG
Busted out an amazing 2012 Hellfighter that Dave probably doesn't even remember giving me. The pup approves...I think.

La Fours
AG
Talmbout!!!
DallasAggie2012
AG
Dang I called at lunch and they said they didn't have any! How did you end up getting them to find it? I plan on going when they open tomorrow to see if I can get it out of them. Did they still have some left after you went?
dave99ag
AG
quote:
Busted out an amazing 2012 Hellfighter that Dave probably doesn't even remember giving me. The pup approves...I think.
Apparently I didn't remember one bit.
MW13
AG
quote:
Dang I called at lunch and they said they didn't have any! How did you end up getting them to find it? I plan on going when they open tomorrow to see if I can get it out of them. Did they still have some left after you went?
I'm sure they were confused. Ya they still had it late tonight so I'm sure they will still have it. They couldn't believe I was so surprised they still had it. After the lady asked me if it was any good she said, "hmm maybe I'll try it sometime." It was on the floor kind of in the middle of the beer spread next to a bunch of something else that was stacked high. Very easy to miss if you weren't looking for it.

In other news I guess the product + price point has gone over its peak for Rahr BB Winter Warmer. That stuff is sitting on the shelves stocked full just about everywhere.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Awesome I appreciate it man! The lady who answered the phone for me had me on hold for like 5 or so minutes while I imagine she ran around and asked different employees about it.haha I guess I will be running by early tomorrow then.

That BB Winter Warmer was definitely high on price point. I've even found it at my local Kroger and see it sitting out everywhere now. They need to pull it back down to about 10-12 bucks max to sell it.
CollinAB
AG
Listening to some Ramones and pounding some Lagunitas Sucks. Not a bad night. My girlfriend also tried out some of the Apple Pie Texas Honey Ale from Guadalupe Brewing. Really surprised by that one. It's tasty.
MW13
AG
quote:
Awesome I appreciate it man! The lady who answered the phone for me had me on hold for like 5 or so minutes while I imagine she ran around and asked different employees about it.haha I guess I will be running by early tomorrow then.

That BB Winter Warmer was definitely high on price point. I've even found it at my local Kroger and see it sitting out everywhere now. They need to pull it back down to about 10-12 bucks max to sell it.
You bet. Hope its still there, it should be.

Ya the Kroger by me has a crapton right now. Rahr may have been the first but they are getting passed by in a big way.

Example, I'm having a Franconia Trippel Dunkel right now. Damn good.
Scriffer
AG
It was when we were down there for CB&I. Right before the State Troopers got pissed at me for taking pictures of Fred Couples.
First Page Last Page
Page 604 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.