Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,725,319 Views | 62724 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Chipotlemonger
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Ft worth folks. In my search for BCBS the past few days (struck out btw) I've seen several cases of BA legion at arlington Total Wine and just now 3-4 bottles of Bomb at ft worth CM.
Found the Bomb that JR had stashed behind some random bottles on the top shelf?
aggiemike02
AG
Hay Merchant does fill growlers, top fill style. do not use any nitrogen or co2.
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
quote:
Ft worth folks. In my search for BCBS the past few days (struck out btw) I've seen several cases of BA legion at arlington Total Wine and just now 3-4 bottles of Bomb at ft worth CM.
Found the Bomb that JR had stashed behind some random bottles on the top shelf?
Sounds like that could be them. Top shelf next to all Prairie stuff. Not necessarily hidden but not at front of shelf either.
MW13
AG
Stopped by Bearded Eel brewery this evening after work today. Small place just getting started but some good brews and good people. If you're ever in north Fort Worth and have the time stop by.

They have a fresh beer everyday. Today it was their IPA with fresh hops and mango. Tomorrow it's cinnamon sticks in their red which I may go try because their red was my favorite thing I had and I'm usually not huge on reds.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
This is an outstanding beer from Oregon that I never see in Texas but I buy when I come to work in Oklahoma. Does Caldera not distribute in Texas?

La Fours
AG
I've heard great things about Mogli!! But no. Haven't seen any Caldera in Texas.
The Beer and I
Finally getting settled into my new house in Richmond. There is a huge Kroger off 99, but the selection is horrible. Anyone know if the Specs or Whole Foods in Sugarland is any good?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
It's like drinking a Hershey bar... in a good way.
maca1028
Mogli is an awesome beer, wish they distributed here
La Fours
AG
No beer or alcohol for me for the next few days. Started a z pack today. Plus I took a flexiril about an hour ago.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'll try and collect a few while I'm working up here and bring them back for people that want to try it. It's not in every liquor store but I've seen it at 2 or 3 places.
BSD
AG
quote:
No beer or alcohol for me for the next few days. Started a z pack today. Plus I took a flexiril about an hour ago.

Must suck not being able to drink...
La Fours
Jason_Ag98
AG
Yellow Rose tonight - love this beer. The guy at WhichCraft told me it should start showing up in Austin more regularly (he said every two weeks) - anyone know if that's true? I sure hope so!
62strat
AG
Finally tapping into my paradox stash tonight. I posted this pic on their FB page and they offered me a free bottle of the skully 7, since I have 6-21 and missing 7. I'm heading down there tomorrow. Tonight I had the kilted lass, a scotch ale aged in wine barrels, and moving onto skully 9, barrel aged and dry hopped with Nelson sauvin hops.
BQ08
AG
quote:
Yellow Rose tonight - love this beer. The guy at WhichCraft told me it should start showing up in Austin more regularly (he said every two weeks) - anyone know if that's true? I sure hope so!

Jester King had some bottles to go tonight.
maca1028
That's about the frequency that it hits shelves here in Houston
maca1028

Poppin that cherry!
turfman80
AG
In Denver for a conference this week, and thanks to info from Andy, I hit Falling Rock Taphouse each evening to enjoy multiple pints of Pliny! Time now to stagger home......
army01
AG
quote:
Thankfully, beers do not hurt tamiflu.
CollinAB
AG
Was at JK tonight. Good to see you out there, jah. That Twin release was delicious. Had to grab a bottle for myself.
BQ08
AG
quote:
Was at JK tonight. Good to see you out there, jah. That Twin release was delicious. Had to grab a bottle for myself.

WWT is awesome. So was the Prairie Ginger Birra they had on cask.
BSD
AG
quote:
In Denver for a conference this week, and thanks to info from Andy, I hit Falling Rock Taphouse each evening to enjoy multiple pints of Pliny! Time now to stagger home......

Awesome. I did the same when I was up there two years ago. I think I had 4 Elders in about an hour (got a late start on the night and had to catch up) before I moved on to the local brews. I'm not sure who Andy is but Adam gave me the heads up to that spot.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Finally tapping into my paradox stash tonight. I posted this pic on their FB page and they offered me a free bottle of the skully 7, since I have 6-21 and missing 7. I'm heading down there tomorrow. Tonight I had the kilted lass, a scotch ale aged in wine barrels, and moving onto skully 9, barrel aged and dry hopped with Nelson sauvin hops.

Have they moved to divide already? I drove by the old spot in woodland park ~730ish last night on my way up here to crested butte and didn't notice any cars in the parking lot.
Jock 07
AG
Oh yeah and kickass collection by the way, hopefully the flip tops still have good carb on them
turfman80
AG
quote:
quote:

Awesome. I did the same when I was up there two years ago. I think I had 4 Elders in about an hour (got a late start on the night and had to catch up) before I moved on to the local brews. I'm not sure who Andy is but Adam gave me the heads up to that spot.
Yes, it was Adam. It's been a long week.
62strat
AG
quote:
Have they moved to divide already? I drove by the old spot in woodland park ~730ish last night on my way up here to crested butte and didn't notice any cars in the parking lot.
good question. I saw that need on their website. Guess I should call. Hopefully they are open, I've already booked a hotel.
jah003
S
quote:
Good seeing you out there too... I'd agree that WWT was awesome. Reminded me of RU55 in a weird sort of way. Still deciding on Natural Union... It was a little more bitter than I was expecting. Thinking some time in the bottle could do it well.

Brought this home:

Very little of it is actually staying with me.
62strat
AG
quote:

Their website says they are open 4-7 on thursday, so they were just closed for the evening.

They don't move to divide until spring it says.
NoneGiven
AG
Today's haul
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Their website says they are open 4-7 on thursday, so they were just closed for the evening.

They don't move to divide until spring it says.
I suppose checking the website is always a good idea, hope you're enjoying it, cool low key spot there.
62strat
AG
Man paradox has some barrels. We were alone in there for 20 minutes so got to chat it up with the guy there. Pretty interesting; no taps, just pours from bottles that they recap with that auction type cap.

Got to try an array of beers, all just samples. They made good on their word and gave me a skully 4 (we enjoyed it there) and a skully 7 to take home.
maca1028
Finally found a beer that my wife will drink with me.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Infamous Sweep the Leg

Not bad - the peanut butter is there but not overwhelming.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Never had a beer that wasn't good from Clown Shoes. The good, the bad, and the unidragon is no exception.
First Page Last Page
Page 602 of 1793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.