Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,645,735 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it wrong to give your boss some cash so he can mule for you at Jester King this weekend?

Figured I might as well see if he can get the two releases since he was already going to be there with family.
AgEng06
AG
Nope. I wish I was going to make it out there this weekend.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Just drank a Prairie Jazz Millions. 8/10 Would Drink Again.
jh0400
AG
Anything other than Hops & Grain that I should look for in Austin?
maca1028
Happy early birthday! We will be at Nobi tomorrow around 6:30 with a group of friends, come join if you want
jah003
S
quote:

Adelberts puts out some sold stuff... Shelf Jester King would be an option depending on where you go as well. Try to snag a Growler of Sputnik if you can... The Growler Room told me they'd be getting a keg on soon. Infamous makes some pretty good stuff as well.
jh0400
AG
I can get shelf JK and Adelberts in Houston. Is there anything that's only distributed locally that I can get canned or bottled that I should seek out?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Drinking a 32 oz Lagunitas Sucks and it doesn't suck. False advertising.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
$7 for 32oz of beer of this quality may be the best deal I've had. And if anybody has any extra empty 32oz bottles I'd love to have them for homebrewing.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
I enjoyed Oddwood saison.

Thirsty goat just hit the shelves. Nothing amazing but a decent local brew.

Heavy Machinery can be amazing if available and depending on what version it is.
La Fours
AG
Nice. I've been wanting to try that.
Ags #1
AG
Tired sucks last night and loved it. Need to find some more
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I got it at Halls liquor in Grapevine when they announced the BCBVR. I missed out on the VR but Lagunitas Sucks is an awesome consolation prize.
La Fours
AG
Sucks is always good. I just hope to see it in a quart bottle down here.
Hudson2508
AG
This beer is probably old news to this thread but I tried a Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale the other night at dinner and it was amazing. Anyone know if I could find it at stores in Austin?
La Fours
AG
Hudson, it should be at all the specs in Austin area. But I suggest you only drink Monk's. Or forget sours even exist. Your wallet will thank you. It's an expensive rabbit hole to fall down.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
I enjoyed Oddwood saison.

Thirsty goat just hit the shelves. Nothing amazing but a decent local brew.

Heavy Machinery can be amazing if available and depending on what version it is.

Last Heavy Machinery got released about a month ago... So, it could still be allright if you can find it. The Infamous IPA is solid, but I don't think they bottle date.
Hudson2508
AG
How much does a bottle run at Specs? The glass at dinner was only $7 so I wasn't expecting it to be outrageous. Maybe you're referring to the path I'm heading towards and not this bottle.
jah003
S
And this landed on the porch today...

Those CS bottles are all kinds of sexy...
jah003
S
quote:
How much does a bottle run at Specs? The glass at dinner was only $7 so I wasn't expecting it to be outrageous. Maybe you're referring to the path I'm heading towards and not this bottle.
He is... it's a slippery, slippery slope. Like a slip and slide with KY situation...
La Fours
AG
Bottles in store are very reasonable for Monk's. It was like JAH said. Slippery slope.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
And this landed on the porch today...

Those CS bottles are all kinds of sexy...
Looking good, I was a huge fan of the Motif when I had it on tap here before Christmas.
MW13
AG
Velvet Merlin to end the night.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
This beer is probably old news to this thread but I tried a Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale the other night at dinner and it was amazing. Anyone know if I could find it at stores in Austin?
Keep your eyes peeled for news about Blue Owl Brewing here in Austin.
Falcon85
AG
I am thinking of buying a growler but don't know much about them. Is one pretty much as good as another? Is there anything in particular I should look for? How long will the beer be good if stored in a growler? Anything else to know about them?

For you Houston guys, I will be in town for the marathon this weekend. Where would pick up a growler and are there good places near downtown that I may want to get it filled?

Thanks!
aggiemike02
AG
premium draught and growlers are both great and in the marathon area. both sell growlers as well.

www.premiumdraught.com
http://growlersbeerandwine.com/
bevokilla
AG
I Like Jugs (yep) http://www.jugsdraft.com/
NColoradoAG
quote:
I am thinking of buying a growler but don't know much about them. Is one pretty much as good as another? Is there anything in particular I should look for? How long will the beer be good if stored in a growler? Anything else to know about them?

For you Houston guys, I will be in town for the marathon this weekend. Where would pick up a growler and are there good places near downtown that I may want to get it filled?

Thanks!

I prefer the swing top growlers over screw cap growlers. But for the most part they are all the same. The amount of time the beer will last depends on how the growler is filled. Any growler (other than the fancy ones with CO2 cartridges) will go downhill fast once it's opened. I always plan to drink the whole thing when it's opened. A top fill straight from a tap will last the the least amount of time, 2-3 days. A bottom filled growler capped on foam will be good for a week to ten days. A counter pressure filled, CO2 purged growler will last a 4-6 weeks in my experience, but technically could last longer if refrigerated.
62strat
AG
Friday afternoon haul.

I was at the store when the delivery guy showed up.. I was like a kid in a candy store. Of course, nothing really special. Nice to see another Gose in a 4 pack.

Falcon85
AG
Thanks for the growler info.

Does anyone know whether Little Woodrow's fills or sells growlers?
Echoes97
AG
I don't believe Little Woodrow's does any growler fills. Growler's is great because they have the CO2 pressurized system so the growlers keep for quite some time. They also have an app where you can see what they have on their tap system at any time. Kinda pricey but they're IMO they best quality place in inner Houston. Have not been to Premium Draught though so they might be on par or better, heard great things about them.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
NColoradoAG
CO2 purging really is the way to go.

Crowlers are badass too, but it's an expensive up front system.
maca1028

Thanks for the beer la fours and thanks for the assist BSD!
La Fours
AG
Yessir!! Glad to help.
Falcon85
AG
N CO, how long does the rubber seal last on the swing top growler?

Does Hay Merchant fill growlers?
First Page Last Page
Page 601 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.