***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,222,195 Views | 25573 Replies | Last: 5 sec ago by linkdude
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Shove it up your ass you little dweeb
W
AG
A.P. releasing umpires report...

1st base ump says he's never felt a glove as sticky as Blanco's

since the glove check started a couple of years ago

uh-oh
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Good, fight back
BQRyno
AG
Yeah nothing subjective about that at all
Ags #1
AG
Of course he would say that. He ain't going to say well it was borderline sticky but not that bad
cc10106
Awful timing but whatever. Gotta know the rules, Blanco. This season continues to be a kick in the nuts.
iamtheglove
BQRyno said:

Yeah nothing subjective about that at all
Exactly. As an unbiased arbiter shouldn't he have simply said "we felt something sticky and will defer to the league to test the glove"
astros4545
AG
MLB putting booby trap rosin bags on the mound

If you touch them, you can be suspended, but if you are a Yankee or Dodger you can go take a bathroom break and come back
BQRyno
AG
This is the biggest problem. Inconsistent enforcement of the "rules." If anyone can wash their hands and get a new glove, everyone can. If anyone is suspended, everyone is suspended. Ridiculous. Hate Manfred's MLB.
Ag_07
AG
That's a chicken shlt thing for him to say because he can only compare to what he's seen.

To say it's the stickiest we've seen since doing it is quite the stretch.
W
AG
I guess H.B. will start Sunday vs. the Brewers
Chrundle the Great
AG
cc10106 said:

Awful timing but whatever. Gotta know the rules, Blanco. This season continues to be a kick in the nuts.

I don't even think he broke a rule based on the one posted above.

The rule explicitly says "a player can't apply rosin to his glove or dust his uniform" but it also says he can put it on either hand and then put his glove back on.

As long as he's not dumping rosin onto his glove, it ending up in there from sweat dripping down his arm is not against the rules.
Ag_07
AG
And I wish someone with the Astros whether it's Espada, Crane, or Dana just grow a pair and blast MLB for this silliness.

Just take whatever suspension they'd give you but go scorched earth about the inconsistency.
iamtheglove
BQRyno said:

This is the biggest problem. Inconsistent enforcement of the "rules." If anyone can wash their hands and get a new glove, everyone can. If anyone is suspended, everyone is suspended. Ridiculous. Hate Manfred's MLB.
Well this is the same league that unbeknownst to players, teams, umpires etc. had 3 different types of baseball used in the 2022 season and also magically made sure that the majority of the juiced balls were used in the last 2 months of Yankees games where Erin Judge was chasing a home run record.
BadAggie
AG
Ag_07 said:

And I wish someone with the Astros whether it's Espada, Crane, or Dana just grow a pair and blast MLB for this silliness.

Just take whatever suspension they'd give you but go scorched earth about the inconsistency.

Crane fired everyone MLB told him to after Rat Fiers ratted.

So we'll take the suspension
_veeyah_
AG
Ag_07 said:

I hope one of them does and actually use other pitchers as examples of what they've done and put the league and chumpires on blast!!!
Marvin
AG
I'm still confused on how rosin inside his glove helped him gain an advantage.

And we see pitchers pat their glove wrist all the time with the rosin bag. That is nothing new.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
cc10106
Chrundle the Great said:

cc10106 said:

I don't even think he broke a rule based on the one posted above.

The rule explicitly says "a player can't apply rosin to his glove or dust his uniform" but it also says he can put it on either hand and then put his glove back on.

As long as he's not dumping rosin onto his glove, it ending up in there from sweat dripping down his arm is not against the rules.
I was going off the quotes from Blanco and Espada, but obviously there is more to it with the rule being enforced arbitrarily.
Wabs
AG
Once again, what advantage does having rosin on your non throwing hand give you? You can literally pick up the rosin bag with the hand you're throwing the pitch with.
Marvin
AG
I guess it would help when rubbing down a new ball if you have it on your hand. It was a new inning so maybe he hadn't put his glove on yet?

That would at least make sense.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Farmer1906
AG
Seattle loses. 5.5 out. AL West is looking very weak.
W
AG
cc10106 said:

caller on the post-game show...said that Blanco should say his interpreter didn't tell him the rules

because that worked for Ohtani
Wabs
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Seattle loses. 5.5 out. AL West is looking very weak.

Get to .500 before mid June and let's see where we stand in the division. At this rate, we may be close to first place.
W
AG
shades of the 1997 NL Central

when the 'stros won the division with 84 wins
BadAggie
AG

Selective rules, arbitrarily enforced.

Prosperdick
AG
cc10106 said:

We're on a 3 game winning streak...I wouldn't count that as a kick to the nads. Now we'll see if Ron White gets suspended for the full 10 game as that could be a swift kick in the jimmies but for now I'll enjoy being just 5.5 games back of first.
linkdude
AG
Bregman against tomorrow's starter Aaron Brooks, 4-5, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 2.400 OPS
cc10106
Prosperdick said:

cc10106 said:

We're on a 3 game winning streak...I wouldn't count that as a kick to the nads. Now we'll see if Ron White gets suspended for the full 10 game as that could be a swift kick in the jimmies but for now I'll enjoy being just 5.5 games back of first.
I was only referring to the max suspension which Matt Thomas on the 790 AM post-game show seems to think will happen. We'll see, but yes, winning 5 of 6 and a chance to take the series tomorrow helps. Gotta keep stacking Ws despite being shorthanded for a while.
RED AG 98
AG
I still hate YTTV for dumping MLB Network. I loved watching D-Ro in the mornings. Guess I just need to seek them out elsewhere.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
RED AG 98 said:

I still hate YTTV for dumping MLB Network. I loved watching D-Ro in the mornings. Guess I just need to seek them out elsewhere.

Fubo has the network
linkdude
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Laz Diaz disappeared for half an inning. It wouldn't surprise me if they doctor it up with someone else to make themselves look better.
cc10106
So they were just going off some assumption to eject him.
bearkatag15
AG
This is a ****ty time to see an ejection, however a glass half full perspective is that Blanco hasn't ever gone wire to wire as a starting pitching in a MLB season. This isn't the end of the world come July/August/September when innings start adding up
redline248
AG
Has the Player's Union ever really attacked the Umpires? Or do they only care about contracts and money?
First Page Last Page
Page 585 of 731

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.