Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,685,247 Views | 62667 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Jock 07
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
What do you guys think about the new Jester King FIglet? Looks pretty different and unique.

ISO:Franklins BBQ brisket
La Fours
AG
quote:
What do you guys think about the new Jester King FIglet? Looks pretty different and unique.
Sounds interesting, but not interesting enough to make an effort to get a bottle of it.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^Yep.
cc10106
I've had Franklin bbq on the brain since I saw the Figlet announcement.

Looking forward to trying the new JK offering. Colour Five didn't do it for me, but a smoked fig brew piques my interest.
bevokilla
AG
I really wish I could make it to Austin for Figlet. Other than Fen Tao, it is the most intriguing to me of the 2014 Jester Kings. If anyone manages to grab an extra and is in Houston, I will buy it off of you. Unfortunately, I don't have anything good to trade.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Yeah I think that is about where I stand on it La Fours. I would gladly enjoy trying a bottle, but I won't go out of my way to beat the crazies that will flock for it. Cool concept though, and if it works out, it could open up some other cool interesting flavor combinations.
jah003
S
quote:

I'll pick up one... Or three. Always nice to have some JK brews to throw in as extras when trading. This seems to fit that bill. Plus, I'm a sucker for anything having to do with Aaron Franklin.
maca1028
The artwork is pretty damn funny
La Fours
AG
I was thinking it was pretty creepy having a contorted Aaron Franklin inside a fig, but to each their own.
maca1028
I might be into that kind of thing...
Jason_Ag98
AG
I heard that Yellow Rose bottles are showing up in Austin, anyone know a good place to score one?
Jock 07
AG
Just had a glass of 180, it was decent, pretty boozy. Wouldn't buy a bottle though.
Ags #1
AG
Saw on Twitter sunrise mini mart has yellow rose in austin
jah003
S
This arrived today...

It's amazing what JK can get ya...
SecoKid
AG
Been a long day. Hope this will help.
Bmac04
AG
Tonight's beers. 2014 BA Mexican Cake Set. The barrels help calm down a lot of the heat from the regular Mexican cake. Bourbon was the best of the 3 followed by DB and then Tequila

Bmac04
AG
Bmac04
AG
Echoes97
AG
Bmac, holy hell!
dave99ag
AG
We saw all of the aged Mexican Cake at Westbrook while there for the SC game, but they weren't going to release it over the holiday weekend.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Tonight's beers. 2014 BA Mexican Cake Set. The barrels help calm down a lot of the heat from the regular Mexican cake. Bourbon was the best of the 3 followed by DB and then Tequila

DallasAggie2012
AG
That's a sick lineup Bmac! Wish they would've released all that over the SC weekend. Awesome artwork too.
dave99ag
AG
Sitting at a bar at the Contemporary in Disney World. Found Jai Alai and this is good!
La Fours
AG
Dammit, Dave. I looked all over Disney for CCBC. Didn't stay at Contemporary though. Stupid Port Orleans, French Quarter.
cpscAG06
AG
Popped a JK Atrial Rubicite blend 2 the other night to celebrate our baby boys arrival.
La Fours
AG
Awesome!! Congrats!!
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
Popped a JK Atrial Rubicite blend 2 the other night to celebrate our baby boys arrival.
Congrats! (On the baby--and the beer, I guess. )
BSD
AG
Congrats!
BSD
AG
second note to self: get invited to BMacs weekly tastings, dammit.
WorkBoots09
AG
Any mid-cities Ags in DFW, there's a new growler fill station in Arlington with 40 taps. I mentioned it a few pages back while it was still under construction, but it's up and running now. It's called Dr. Jeckyll's Beer Lab. They don't have a website or anything, but they have a pretty good selection available in flights, pints, and growlers to go. I don't work there or anything, I just live 1 mile away so it's in my interest for this place to do well and stick around.

I don't have a full lineup of what they had, but as of last week here are some highlights:
DFH 120
Sixpoint Resin
Deep Ellum Dream Crusher
Deep Ellum Oak Cliff Coffee Ale
Left Hand Sawtooth Nitro
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout
Rogness Holiday (or Titanoboa, can't remember)
Southern Tier 2XMas

There's a lot more, and not just rare or expensive brews. They have the staples like Dales Pale Ale, Blond Bombshell, etc. There are a good number of BYOB local restaurants in the area, so it's pretty easy to pick up a growler and meet up with friends for lunch/dinner. The owner also owns the homebrew store in the back and the liquor store right around the corner. Show these folks some love, and I'll probably see y'all there.
DaveHimself
AG
Is this the same Dr. Jeckyll's homebrew store, and he just added taps? I was going to Stubby's tomorrow for homebrew stuff but may have to check out Dr. Jeckyll's instead and take a growler.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Do you know how much the DFH 120 was? That stuff is hard to find sometimes.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I don't have a full lineup of what they had, but as of last week here are some highlights:
DFH 120

Who in their right mind would want a growler full of 120?

On second thought, someone bring one to the LSU game so we can boat race that growler and all pass out in camp chairs.
La Fours
AG
NoCol - what's the plan for Black Friday? I'm clear to hit stores around town. I may have my kids with me.
jah003
S
I need to get my stuff in order for Black Friday in CS as well... Don't know how much will be left in Austin when I get back Saturday. Also, trying to figure out if they'll stagger the releases like last year...
First Page Last Page
Page 558 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.