Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,127 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by La Fours
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well crap. I've been told to temper my expectations on BCBS being available in stores here in BCS. So idk wtf is going on.
Jock 07
AG
I've been told the same here as well. So maybe it's a small market thing?
cpscAG06
AG
Thanks guys. The last few days have been amazing and tiring all in one
maca1028
quote:
Popped a JK Atrial Rubicite blend 2 the other night to celebrate our baby boys arrival.

Congrats
maca1028
quote:
I need to get my stuff in order for Black Friday in CS as well... Don't know how much will be left in Austin when I get back Saturday. Also, trying to figure out if they'll stagger the releases like last year...

I certainly hope that's the case, I skipped on the Black Friday craziness last year and ended up getting a 4pk of bcbs about a week later. Has it been confirmed that vanilla rye is coming to Texas?
CollinAB
AG
Little late on the draw for Yellow Rose at my places here in Austin, but Whichcraft said they'd be getting a few cases soon. Did grab some pretty fresh Myrcenary. Man I love that beer.
maca1028
You should be able to find it easily pretty soon Collin. It sold out quickly here in Houston when it was first bottled but since then I've seen it several times even in Baytown which doesn't get much craft beer outside of Karbach and SA
CollinAB
AG
Awesome. It was starting to show up a bit at College Station bars along with some other Lone Pint offerings towards the end of my time there. Looking forward to being able to get it with some regularity.
WorkBoots09
AG
quote:
Is this the same Dr. Jeckyll's homebrew store, and he just added taps? I was going to Stubby's tomorrow for homebrew stuff but may have to check out Dr. Jeckyll's instead and take a growler.

One and the same. I'm here right now and I'm enjoyin a southern tier 2xstout nitro, my wife has a breck nitro vanilla porter. I believe I'll have a Community Mosaic IPA next.
La Fours
AG
When will the next bottling be of Yellow Rose? If I could get one middle of next month, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll be shipping some beer end of December weather permitting, want to throw this in as an extra.
Jock 07
AG
steve00
AG
Had some more Kosmic Mother Funk at a local bar and got a couple cool Sam Adams tulip glasses with it.

They had Sculpin in Nitro, but I didn't love it. Felt like the creaminess stole some of the inherent freshness from it.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I've been told the same here as well. So maybe it's a small market thing?

Colorado is only getting regular and barley wine. No coffee or vanilla rye.

I'm not sure where it's all going. Sounds like more is staying closer to Chicago.

Sad feels
Jock 07
AG
The only thing I know is that the brewery has said that the proprietors will only be avaliable in Chicago
NColoradoAG
I'm going off of this and what I've heard up here

http://brewtallyinsane.com/2014/11/18/goose-island-bourbon-county-brand-stout-colorado-update

BSD
AG
If anyone finds someone selling any Vanilla or Prop, let me know. I don't want to go thru the hassle of a trade and to be honest, I don't have much left that I want to part with.
NColoradoAG
quote:
If anyone finds someone selling any Vanilla or Prop, let me know. I don't want to go thru the hassle of a trade and to be honest, I don't have much left that I want to part with.

We need to send Jacob up to Chicago next week so he can get stranded for a few days again.

I'm already preparing myself for the inevitable Midwest trade rape to acquire some Vanilla and Prop.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:

We need to send Jacob up to Chicago next week so he can get stranded for a few days

Never... Never again. Chicago is on my **** list. A wind chill of -50 does things to a man. Silver lining... I got to drink nearly my body weight in New Glarus while stuck in the hotel.
aggiechris06
AG
Beer Thread Friends,

Today I found out that I am a board certified pediatrician!

Definitely the hardest, most specific, information heavy exam of my life....months of studying paid off!

Now I need suggestions on which brew with which to celebrate in the coming days...recs for something truly special, and if possible how to get a hold of it :-)....

Thanks all, and cheers!
Jock 07
AG
Congrats, other folks here that are much more knowledgeable than me probably will be able to help you out more but if I was looking for something special I might look at a bottle of king Henry or, if you want to get real crazy, Dave.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

We need to send Jacob up to Chicago next week so he can get stranded for a few days again.

I'm already preparing myself for the inevitable Midwest trade rape to acquire some Vanilla and Prop.

Just pay my flight and hotel.
cpscAG06
AG
Awesome new Chris06!!
BSD
AG
quote:
Beer Thread Friends,

Today I found out that I am a board certified pediatrician!

Definitely the hardest, most specific, information heavy exam of my life....months of studying paid off!

Now I need suggestions on which brew with which to celebrate in the coming days...recs for something truly special, and if possible how to get a hold of it :-)....

Thanks all, and cheers!
Congrats!!! Nice work. now your first question: what does it mean when my son's ears get hot?

As far as getting something truly special, line up now for Black Friday's BCBS frenzy.

And LaFours, taking the secondary cost of the beer into consideration, a trip to Chicago is about what I'll pay for these!
Bmac04
AG
Anyone else going to the Dallas BCBS event @ specs on Friday? They will have 50 cases of regular, 50 cases of coffee, 50 cases of barleywine and 17 cases of vanilla.
La Fours
AG
You know, some SWA points could get me there real cheap, and I know enough people there, that I could probably crash on a couch.

Just sayin'!!
NColoradoAG
LaFours, considering those numbers that Bmac just posted, do you still think CS is not getting anything?
La Fours
AG
It is speculation from a friend who works in craft beer, but not for the local InBev distributor. I know the craft beer manager for them, but I don't want to bug her. Supposedly Hilliard is not sharing anything about it. And because they aren't sharing info, my friend thinks the allocation for Brazos Valley will be small. I'll ask some other folks I know and see what I can figure out. I'll have some major sad feels if we don't get any.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Wow! Which Specs is that? Do you know what time they will be releasing them? I will be driving back early that morning to Dallas from CS, and I would love to get in on a lot of that.
cc10106
Hmm, to ditch my family reunion that Friday temporarily or not....
NColoradoAG
quote:
It is speculation from a friend who works in craft beer, but not for the local InBev distributor. I know the craft beer manager for them, but I don't want to bug her. Supposedly Hilliard is not sharing anything about it. And because they aren't sharing info, my friend thinks the allocation for Brazos Valley will be small. I'll ask some other folks I know and see what I can figure out. I'll have some major sad feels if we don't get any.
I'm assuming that the Specs on Texas will be our best bet? Brandon will be back in town with me for the game. I think the three of us could do some damage if some does land in town.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Anyone know if there will be any BCBS coming to Central Texas? I'll be visiting family in Belton--any chance the Spec's in Temple might get some or would I need to drive to Austin?
La Fours
AG
Yes, Specs will be the best bet. I will try and find out more info in the next few days. My Specs friend is out of town right now, and I don't know when she's coming back. I assume she will be back for work next week.
SecoKid
AG
Got a nice trade box from Minneapolis today.

army01
AG
quote:
Wow! Which Specs is that? Do you know what time they will be releasing them? I will be driving back early that morning to Dallas from CS, and I would love to get in on a lot of that.
I think that is the Specs off of 75 & Walnut Hill. My guess is they will release at 10 when they open.

I am hoping that it trickles in to Fort Worth like it did last year. A few places got a case or 2 on Friday, but most places received allotments a week or 2 later.
La Fours
AG
Awesome!! What did you trade for it?
First Page Last Page
Page 559 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.