Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,691,217 Views | 62675 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by maca1028
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice La Fours! I have 4 bottles at home but haven't gotten into any yet.
La Fours
AG
Nice.
La Fours
AG
BSD - four of the same as mine or did you get a variety?
BSD
AG
I have four of the Bretts, a few of the regular saisons, and 2 Kili Wits. I think I have some Pesche and Brett bottles out west but it may be too hot to send those now.
La Fours
AG
Nice
jetch17
AG
Picked up some of the Lagunitas Undercover Investigation to try tonight. Was looking for some Founders at the neighborhood HEB, but no dice today
Vernada
AG
Have you seen Founders at our Specs? I didn't notice any on Friday.
jetch17
AG
Nope, stopped in yesterday and no dice. Was hoping jones HEB had some, but nay ... Besides the beer aisle, I kinda hate that store
jetch17
AG
Another tasty from Lagunitas.. I dig it, a good follow up to Sucks

The Beer and I
Way to name drop the 3 Floyd's in the background. I think it's photoshopped. The only way I believe it's real is if you send me one as proof.
jetch17
AG
I better not trip on that name I dropped... actually I was collecting empty bomber bottles that were lying around.

Btw, that carrier was just a carrying vessel from the king baller BSD who actually does go to 3F

Also, BSD... My daughter calls the FFF skull the 'scary guy'
jetch17
AG
The 9.6% on that Lagunitas sneaks up on you prettaaaaaaaay, pretty good
The Beer and I
Yes, the 9.6 definitely sneaks up on you. If I didn't read the background story about the beer, I would've assumed it's what happens if you try to drink a six pack in 1 sitting.
jetch17
AG
Dig the story too
La Fours
AG

Damn good beer. It is light for an imperial but awesome none the less.
Jock 07
AG
Denver folks; will be up tha way next weekend, if I had time for one brewery in the greater Denver metro area where would I go? I was kinda thinking Oskar blues or Avery. Or would one of the ft Collins ones be a better choice?
maca1028
quote:
Had a Karbach Love Street kolsch on tap at Shepherd Park this morning... Will be a good summer beer

I had one of those at Onion Creek in the Heights today, I agree, good summer beer. I haven't been disappointed by anything Karbach has put out
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
@foundersbrewing KBS to be released at Spec's DT HOU 10AM. 1 btl pp. Wish we had more sorry for limit.
maca1028
Going to Specs later gimme a good one to buy
Falcon85
AG
Does everyone on this thread have the same granite counter tops?
BSD
AG
quote:
Also, BSD... My daughter calls the FFF skull the 'scary guy'

Haha. Scary Guy makes daddy happy.
NColoradoAG
Jock, are you passing through or spending the day?
dave99ag
AG
Has anyone been on the Road Dog's Seattle Brewery Tour? Going to check it out when we go up there in August.

http://www.seattlebrewerytour.com/
Jock 07
AG
Headed up on Sat mid-day, have an appointment with the home design center sun afternoon and then free all day on Mon
NColoradoAG
Denver and the metro basically have clusters of good places.

Downtown you've got Great Divide, River North, Denver Beer Co., Strange, Our Mutual Friend, and Im including Prost and Crooked Stave because they're within a short cab ride. Check hours because im not sure if all those places are open on mondays. Id rank them Crooked Stave, Great Divide, River North, Strange, Prost, Denver Beer Co, and Our Mutual Friend. Id rank Our mutual Friend higher if it wasnt a hipster convention in there, There's also some nice bars down there. Falling Rock, Euclid Hall, Freshcraft, Lucky Pie, and Wynkoop are all good. Food is better at the latter four places, but falling rock has the most beer. Don't expect good service at falling rock.

More to the South you've got Dry Dock, Copper Kettle, Breckenridge, Wits End, TRVE, Bull and Bush. Parrys Pizza in the Highlands is a nice spot for beer and food. 62Strat has been down that way for a while so he may be a better resource. I don't get south of Downtown much.

Then there's boulder/Longmont. You've got Avery, Upslope, Boulder Beer, Asher,and Twisted Pine in boulder. 15 minutes away in Longmont you've got Oskar Blues' three places: The Tasty Weasel, Homemade Liquids and Solids, and CHUburger. Left Hand is also in Longmont. The Tasty Weasel is Oskar Blues' taproom at the brewery. Lots of specialty one offs and Firkins. 5 minutes away is Liquids and Solids. It's a BBQ joint with all the OB beers plus 40 other solid taps. I haven't been to CHUburger yet. I believe it's a fast casual burger place with OB beer on tap. Left Hand has a nice taproom as well.

Then there's Fort Collins. You've got New Belgium, Odell, Fort Collins Brewery, Funkwerks, Equinox, and Black Bottle. New Belgium and Odell are always fun. Funkwerks is cool if you like Belgian styles and funk. There's a couple great bars in FoCo as well in The Mayor of Old Town, The Forge Publick House, and Tap and Handle. There's also my favorite place in CO to get a beer and burger: Choice City Butcher and Deli.

This is a good resource to get the lay of the land

http://beermapping.com/a/121

Regardless of what you decide, let me know so I can buy you a beer and properly welcome you to Colorado

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 5/20/2013 2:27p).]
NColoradoAG
Haul from yesterday's Wild Wild Brett Violet release at Crooked Stave. 1500 bottles gone in about 2 hours. All 7 of the Wild Wild Brett beers on tap too. There was an epic bottle share in line as well.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 5/20/2013 2:41p).]
The Beer and I
Too bad there isn't much craft beer going on in Denver. Must be tough to find a good beer when you want one.
AggieChemist
AG
Got a nice haul on Friday:

Stone "Enjoy by 5/17/13" IPA (and yes, I drank it that night)
Stone Ruination IPA
Great Divide Yeti
Great Divide Oak aged Yeti

Dogfish head 90 minute IPA
Dogfish head Burton Baton oak aged IPA
Dogfish head 120 minute IPA
Dogfish head sixty-one
BSD
AG
quote:
Haul from yesterday's Wild Wild Brett Violet release at Crooked Stave. 1500 bottles gone in about 2 hours. All 7 of the Wild Wild Brett beers on tap too. There was an epic bottle share in line as well.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 5/20/2013 2:41p).]

Jealous!!! Sounds like an awesome event! I wish I could have been there...well, kinda. I'm good where I'm at currently.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I wish I could have been there

Soon. My garage is overrun with bottle shippers from you and the other guy I trustee for. I recommend bringing a spear and a change of underwear to the release party bottle share. Whales will be slayed
BSD
AG
Bottle share, too??? I wasn't expecting that. Looks like I'll be checking bags after all (or overnighting you some bottles) and getting earlier brunch reservations.
WorkBoots09
AG
Cracked open my nefarious ten pin tonight. Pretty good. Fridge is a little bare these days, but we close on our house in a few weeks and it comes with a new fridge so ill be converting ours into our kegerator/beer fridge/lagering vessel. Movin on up.
Jock 07
AG
Thanks for the suggestions NColorado, I'll definitely hit you up to let you know where I wind up
Jock 07
AG
Oh and I'm assuming there won't be any of those bottles making their way down here? Picked up a bottle of the st Bretta tonight
NColoradoAG
Nope, WWBV sold out at the brewery. Over 100 people walked away empty handed.

I'm always hosting little tastings up here so maybe we can open one together. It's a great brew.
First Page Last Page
Page 219 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.