Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,670,974 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by maca1028
Vernada
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Just put away 3 Founders All Day IPA's. Thought it was very good. Close to the Sierra Nevada pale ale in taste

Good to hear. I thought about getting some today but settled on the Real Ale Devils backbone, some Rogue Hazelnut Stoit, and a bottle of bourbon.
AggieOO
Currently at pinthouse pizza pondering my options. It could get ugly.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
For those in CS, there are a few more bottles of Karbach BBA Hellfighter left.

Lafours, go get some for me

I'll try to grab you one tonight.
aggiechris06
AG
Just finished an AMAZING pulled pork sandwich with fried okra for dinner, which got me wondering about which style (or specific beer even) pairs best with a pulled pork sandwich with the ultimate Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce to top if off??

Suggestions from the pros on here?? How can I make my favorite meal the best it can be??
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
For those in CS, there are a few more bottles of Karbach BBA Hellfighter left.

Lafours, go get some for me

I'll try to grab you one tonight.

Make that two! I gave most of mine away.
AggieOO
Tank 7, firestone scuba, firestone solace, and an Austin beerworks Heisenberg. Good start!
jah003
S
quote:
Just finished an AMAZING pulled pork sandwich with fried okra for dinner, which got me wondering about which style (or specific beer even) pairs best with a pulled pork sandwich with the ultimate Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce to top if off??

Suggestions from the pros on here?? How can I make my favorite meal the best it can be??

Seems like some JK Salt Lick would go real well with that meal.

On another note... Having a little Firestone Solace right now. I think this will have a permanent place in my beer fridge this summer.
The Beer and I
Sampling some Arcadia Ales my buddy from Michigan gave me.
IPA - not that great
Nut Brown Ale - OK, reminds me of Shiner
Loch Down Scotch Ale - Definitely the best of the three
army01
AG
Beers from the last few nights

[This message has been edited by Army01 (edited 5/17/2013 9:57p).]
streetfighter2012
AG
Stopped at obannons tonight. Had a barrel aged old Rasputin, barrel aged wake up dead, black crack, and a chocolate oak aged yeti.
jkn09
AG
Dayman tonight. Surprised at how well it all worked. Seemed like the hops overwhelmed the smell, and the coffee took charge in the taste. Very delicious, IMHO.
La Fours
AG
BSD, consider it done.
jah003
S
quote:
Dayman tonight. Surprised at how well it all worked. Seemed like the hops overwhelmed the smell, and the coffee took charge in the taste. Very delicious, IMHO.

I was extremely impressed with this beer. To me... The coffee smell was overwhelming (in a good way) when it first came out of the fridge. Hops started to take over when it warmed, though.

It almost felt like I drank two different beers. Regardless, I can't say enough good things about this beer.
La Fours
AG
Jetch and BSD, I've got you.
La Fours
AG
I'm drinking this tonight. Sooo good.

BSD
AG
quote:
BSD, consider it done.
dave99ag
AG
La Fours, did you get that here recently? Have a friend looking for that.
La Fours
AG
Dave, no. A friend of mine in Austin got it for me a few months ago when they had the release.
Vernada
AG
Just scored three bottles of Hellfighter BBA at the HEB ON 290 & Barker Cypress.
AggieOO
Took 3rd place at the adelberts cook-off.

Stuffed beer and cheddar biscuits.
defroach
So I won an all access pass to rogness which is free entry/tours/events for the next year for two. More or less, show up at any event and i get free beer
jetch17
AG
Had a Karbach Love Street kolsch on tap at Shepherd Park this morning... Will be a good summer beer
La Fours
AG
Nice defroach. I really liked their Gigantophis IPA.
defroach
Well, if anyone wants a free "tour", let me know. I live 7 min from there.
AggieOO
Defroach...will take you up...not far from there either.
defroach
Im sorta serious about it also. Since I have it, I should use it. If you are serious, shoot me an email at schwabandrew2 at gmail. We can figure something out.
AggieOO
Will do. Sitting st adelberts now, but ill shhot you an email when I'm at a computer. Warning, I will probably make you tell travel stories.
defroach
Ha. I get free beer there as well (know one of the bartenders).

But yes, I can talk beer and travel. Those are my areas of expertise.
AggieOO
I know both as well, but you kick my ass in the travel department.
Professor Frick
AG
Trying a Boulder Brewing Kinda Blue. Wheat beer with blueberry. Really not bad, the berry is just barely there on the finish, which kind of just adds a little interesting depth to an average wheat. Aptly named. Wouldn't get again after this sixer, maybe just for the wife.
Jock 07
AG
Had an Avery ipa today at the mountain while skiing. Have to say I thought it was just meh. They put out much better beer than that IMHO
The Beer and I
Opened up my growler of Karbach Hop Delusion, this stuff is really good. I need to do a throwdown with Endeavour to see which is my favorite local DIPA.
defroach
Drinking 4th Tap Brewery beer at a "opening soon" brewery thing in Austin. They'll be around next year sometime.
Green Fairy
AG
Got a 32oz fill of BA Hellfighter at the Waugh Whole Foods earlier today. Had a little of it followed by a Deschutes Hop Henge. I was hoping WF still had Hop Delusion on tap, but no dice. The BA Hellfighter makes up for it. Tried a sample of Love St there too. I should have gone ahead and got the 64oz fill for $9. That's pretty much giving it away.
La Fours
AG
Logsdon Farmhouse Ales - Seizoen Bretta

This is a kickass saison bottle conditioned with brettanomyces. Not so much a sour. But a tart dry and fruity beer. Effing delicious. Got in a trade from a guy in Oregon.

First Page Last Page
Page 218 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.