Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,808 Views | 62661 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by dave99ag
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
only 10 more pages till 1000

That's crazy to think about. My first post was on page 476 a little more than 2 years ago. So is everyone opening whalez to commemorate page 1000?

This made me curious when my first post was and what it was about. Page 3, Surly Abrassive
BSD
AG
I was page 1... straight up OG.
62strat
AG
Page 3. Complaining about too many beer threads! (If I remember, there was one on the Houston board, and another on food/drink..)
jetch17
AG
my first BSD hit up and charitable hook-up was for Clutch on pg.1

hook up is probably the wrong term there. but turned into a great beer thread buddy relationship .... wait.....
AggieOO
quote:
We were planning on going to Disney next year, now we're planning on going to San Diego instead. Beer.
had this discussion with the wife yesterday. We've been getting a lot of wedding invites lately, and I just got back from one I went solo to:

her: "X just texted me asking us for our address. Looks like we'll be getting another wedding invite."

me: "maybe you just go to this one solo to save some money. I won't know anyone there anyway."

her: "I'd be ok with that."

[about 10 second pause]

me: "where's the wedding going to be?"

her: "san diego"

me: "ok, i'll go."
La Fours
AG
quote:

hook up is probably the wrong term there. but turned into a great beer thread butty relationship .... wait.....

Fify
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
We were planning on going to Disney next year, now we're planning on going to San Diego instead. Beer.
had this discussion with the wife yesterday. We've been getting a lot of wedding invites lately, and I just got back from one I went solo to:

her: "X just texted me asking us for our address. Looks like we'll be getting another wedding invite."

me: "maybe you just go to this one solo to save some money. I won't know anyone there anyway."

her: "I'd be ok with that."

[about 10 second pause]

me: "where's the wedding going to be?"

her: "san diego"

me: "ok, i'll go."

That didn't take much convincing.
jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:

hook up is probably the wrong term there. but turned into a great beer thread butty relationship .... wait.....

Fify
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
I know the head brewer who gave me a taste was very happy with the result.
Is this still Eric?
yes. he's a great guy.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I was page 1... straight up OG.
Page 31 for me. Such a noob. I thought black IPAs were good.
jetch17
AG
i also laughed at the period of this thread where several of us were chasing the mother fugging pink Rogue bacon/maple beer like it was a whalez bro

then BSD and I cracked one and it was ass.
AggieOO
quote:
i also laughed at the period of this thread where several of us were chasing the mother fugging pink Rogue bacon/maple beer like it was a whalez bro

[puke face]

yes, that was essentially a drain pour for me...i ended up using it as a marinade.
jetch17
AG
AggieOO
quote:
Page 3. Complaining about too many beer threads! (If I remember, there was one on the Houston board, and another on food/drink..)
page 3 as well.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:

My first trip to Oregon we went to Rogue and I picked up one to ship back to Texas. Also, half of my haul was Firestone-Walker... which we got in Texas like a year later. It's on page 53: http://texags.com/forums/67/topics/1930360/53

I actually still haven't mustered up the courage to drink it after all the bad reviews here... 4.5 years later. Need to bring that to a bottle share and pour it before anyone sees the bottle.

My first post was page 4... looking for some DFH Punkin in CS. Still my favorite Pumpkin beer, but I don't really drink the style much any more.
La Fours
AG
Looks like page 59 was my first appearance.
62strat
AG
Only voodoo beer I had was the chocolate, banana and peanut butter.. it wasn't that bad really, though I would not buy again! Def. a dessert beer.
Scriffer
AG
My first post was Page 270, so I was a late add. It was singing the praises of Lil' Sumpin' Wild, though, so I got off to a good start. Still a favorite, and it should be out any time now.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I know the head brewer who gave me a taste was very happy with the result.
Is this still Eric?
yes. he's a great guy.
Yeh wife and I got a tour from him like the first month or so they opened. There was no one else there, so he showed us around! We talked quite a bit, then I subsequently met him several times at some beer events at Rockwells, then again at GABF the next year after we moved to Denver. Them my uncle gave me a wheat beer book (for homebrewing reference), and I turn it over and see none other than a twenty something Eric Warner.. I was like hah I know that guy!

He's very accomplished. And I was a big fan of Flying dog in late 2000s, coincidentally while he was there. Their mix pack was my go-to.

NColoradoAG
Ok Austin. Crowlers are available today. 3 up for grabs. First three in the Austin area to claim them are in. $20 each if I'm paying for the shipping, $15 each if one of you sends me a label. I'll ship tomorrow or Thursday so they'll arrive by Saturday.
AgEng06
AG
I'll take one!
62strat
AG
Is this fruity or juicy? Is fruity kegged for bars?
NColoradoAG
quote:
Is this fruity or juicy? Is fruity kegged for bars?
Just Juicy. I don't know if we're sending any fruity bits out to accounts. If we do the most likely landing spot in Denver would be First Draft.
dave99ag
AG
Page 4 talking about jalapeno homebrews with OO.
Two Down
AG
P.88 - Dumb then, less dumb now (but barely).
reesei10
quote:
Ok Austin. Crowlers are available today. 3 up for grabs. First three in the Austin area to claim them are in. $20 each if I'm paying for the shipping, $15 each if one of you sends me a label. I'll ship tomorrow or Thursday so they'll arrive by Saturday.
I will take one!!
Jason_Ag98
AG
I'm in!
NColoradoAG
Ok, you three send me an email at adam dot klett at gmail dot com
Hudson2508
AG
Son of a *****......I missed out again.

Good on you hooking Austin up NCol.

jh0400
AG
7/26 bottling, probably a drain pour.

turfman80
AG
How time flies! My first appearance was page 18 with SN Celebration and Lagunitas Sucks, followed by Westy 12. Not bad, but it pales in comparison to the all-time big **** beer swinger who started out on page 1 and is still going strong.....BSD, although he has never actually consumed any of his posted beers. And in 2012, NorColAg actually had decent things to say about Falling Rock!
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
7/26 bottling, probably a drain pour.

Where did you cop that? Thoughts? A guy next to me at Company Burger in New Orleans was singing it's praises. I left town before I could track any down.
jh0400
AG
Passed CFA 3. ZFG

jetch17
First Page Last Page
Page 991 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.