Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,755 Views | 62651 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Jock 07
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
98 in the Tine at the moment. Not really Marzen weather.
jh0400
AG
Anyone here know anything about Parish brewing or have an idea what it would take to trade for Ghost in the Machine?
maca1028
You might be able to get it if you offer up some yellow rose.
jh0400
AG
I thought it would take more than that, but I've never seen it pop up in any of the ISO:FT groups I follow.

I may float that or some JK 750s and see what I can do.
Jock 07
AG
Might be a bit of a FW fanboy

jh0400
AG
My group's admin had a cousin that works for FW. She was supposed to get us Sucabajava, but it didn't happen.
Represent830
AG
Nice little early morning bottle share in the Tine today.

Kyle98
AG
Almost forgot I had these!

Bmac04
AG
quote:
Anyone here know anything about Parish brewing or have an idea what it would take to trade for Ghost in the Machine?

Shouldn't be hard to get at all. Ask for some Opus Vert as well to make shipping worthwhile. Lots of Parish traders ask the world for their stuff but you can find reasonable people pretty easy. Yellow rose or JK shelf should be able to get it done.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
Man I need to get to DFW soon so I can get some Martin House Toadies beers.

I'm betting they should show up around Tine. If I find them I'll grab you some

Bro!!
La Fours
AG
You making a trip to CS soon?
jetch17
AG
Confirmed that D&Q and downtown specs should have plenty of HB/SA
txag2008
AG
Good black IPAs still aren't very good.

Good IPAs
jh0400
AG
No, but I'd ship in exchange for the Hell's Cellar.
Jock 07
AG
Anyone else ever go back through the thread? Crazy to see how its evolved
La Fours
AG
Ok. We may have to ship. I don't mind holding on to it either. Just let me know what you prefer. Will you be coming to any football games?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Anyone else ever go back through the thread? Crazy to see how its evolved

I have not, but would be interesting to see. Gonna float through some of it now.

I can't remember when abouts I joined.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
for the next couple months, i'm all about the Oktoberfests. Go to's are of course the Paulaner and Spaten, but I really like that a lot of local and microbrews are making their own renditions. By far my favorite style of beer and one of the reasons I look forward to the fall.

Speaking of flashbacks, this post was made on 9/26/11.

A much better time for Oktoberfests than freaking now.
maca1028
Looks like we are certainly the longest running thread on TA assuming we passed up the Kyle Field thread.
dixie whiskey
AG
seems like I get so caught up chasing the new limited release or whatever that I do myself a disservice in not drinking the classics as much as I should, when they're just sitting on the shelf waiting me every time I hit up the store. but tonight, it's st bernardus abt 12 for me. I'm forever grateful for those magical little monks,.

speaking of oktoberfest, anyone had this years sierra nevada collab? I really like the concept of teaming up with a different german brewery each year, and last year's was exceptional imo. I'm probably gonna grab some next time I go to heb but I'm curious as to how this year's compares to last.
MW13
AG
Exactly! I love the temptress variants then last night I had a plain ol temptress and it was great.
62strat
AG
quote:
seems like I get so caught up chasing the new limited release or whatever that I do myself a disservice in not drinking the classics as much as I should, when they're just sitting on the shelf waiting me every time I hit up the store. but tonight, it's st bernardus abt 12 for me. I'm forever grateful for those magical little monks,.

This is what I'm always saying! About duchesse or liefmans goudenbond or lindemans framboise.

People chasing around and standing in lines for sours here when the highly rated and classics sit on shelves! Plus they are never over priced.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

One of those days.
maca1028
Looks awesome, I haven't had RRBC in forever!
Hudson2508
AG
I read through some of the old beer thread pages starting from 200 and it's amazing to me how many good breweries now have distribution in Texas. I mean I was in San Diego early last year and I was so happy to find beers from Alpine and the Bruery on the shelf and now they sit on our shelves in Texas. Pretty cool time in the beer world to have so much at our fingertips at all times.

The other cool thing was the discussion on JK, Karbach and other up and coming Texas breweries that hadn't quite earned their reputation yet. Saw the first post on Atrial Rubicite. Think it was Jah who said something like, this beer sounds promising.

I really wish I had found this thread sooner. I was drinking good beer back then but my mind wasn't really opened to the whole scene. Oh well, making up for lost time now. Just need to remind myself that there is so much great beer just sitting on the shelf and don't take it for granted.

jetch17
AG
fugg, i hate FB reminding me that 1 year ago today we were livin it up at RRBC with a full sampler and mother fugging drew & pliny bites.
BSD
AG
quote:
fugg, i hate FB reminding me that 1 year ago today we were livin it up at RRBC with a full sampler and mother fugging drew & pliny bites.
6 more days...

jh0400
AG
Brash anniversary party tickets go on sale this week. $40 for a glass, three pours, and a bottle of Hammer Smashed Face is a great deal.

jetch17
AG
i plan on getting tickets
gigemJTH12
AG
dont think I have seen anyone review their Atrial Rubicite on here...

anyone drink it yet?
BSD
AG
When is that?

Too lazy to google.
jh0400
AG
10/8 I believe
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That's the day we play Tennessee at Kyle.
jh0400
AG
And?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Just pointing out a potential schedule conflict.
First Page Last Page
Page 988 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.