Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,493 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by SoTxAg
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
That's the day we play Tennessee at Kyle.

That was my first thought.
jh0400
AG
I watch football from my couch, so that isn't a concern for me.
NColoradoAG
Juicy Bits placed top ten in Paste Magazines 2016 IPA competition. 250 entries!

Maybe I should send out some more crowlers...

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/08/247-of-the-best-american-ipas-blind-tasted-and-ran.html?p=4
NColoradoAG
GABF is also the weekend of the Tennessee game. I love GABF, and will miss being behind the table for WeldWerks, but booking plane tickets for that game weekend was an easy decision.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Maybe so...
Hudson2508
AG
Austin area would love some......
Post removed:
by user
Kyle98
AG
Looks like I'll be staying right across the street pretty much from Avery, and not too far from Backcountry Pizza and Tap House. I get in early afternoon Thursday, and that's my only free night most likely, so I'll try to hit both that afternoon/evening.
SecoKid
AG
quote:
Juicy Bits placed top ten in Paste Magazines 2016 IPA competition. 250 entries!

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/08/247-of-the-best-american-ipas-blind-tasted-and-ran.html?p=4

Just read the list, that is awesome. Hope to get the chance to tryJuicy Bits sometime. Sad to see no Texas beers make the Top 50.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Congrats to Weldwerks! Just confirms that I will be making a stop on the way up from Denver to Wyoming for my best friend's wedding the first weekend in September to grab some crowlers for the road. Need some of that Juicy Bits in my life!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Picked up my crowler of Juicy Bits from Scriffer this weekend. Can't wait to try it.
gigemJTH12
AG
so is Juicy bits really that good?

seems like its the most hyped beer on this thread.

if so, how do I get some in Houston?
Scriffer
AG
quote:

1. Yes

2. For good reason

3. Kiss the ring of the Good King NColorado, and he may find you worthy

NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

1. Yes

2. For good reason

3. Kiss the ring of the Good King NColorado, and he may find you worthy

Hope you enjoyed that Crowler. It'll be the last one I ever send to you.
Scriffer
Post removed:
by user
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
Who is gonna be the guinea pig on this one?

Honestly... everything I've had from NBBCO tastes like pickle. Stumbled upon their anniversary party a while back and everything I tasted had a very "pickly" aftertaste. My brother had some barrel aged sour stout that was straight vile.

To me, NBBCO is that brewery trying to latch on the next big thing in beer. "Oh, crap... people like sours. Let's just pump out a bunch of mediocre to bad sours.". They almost remind me of Texas Big Beer in a way...
The definitely have some QC issues. My bottles were all gushers and tasted off. Not wasting any more money on their products.
62strat
AG
quote:
Brash anniversary party tickets go on sale this week. $40 for a glass, three pours, and a bottle of Hammer Smashed Face is a great deal.

Woah.. Cannibal Corpse fans?
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
Brash anniversary party tickets go on sale this week. $40 for a glass, three pours, and a bottle of Hammer Smashed Face is a great deal.

Their tasting room is a warehouse full of old video games and a jukebox full of metal.

La Fours
AG
I want that teku glass!!!!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Speaking of glasses, I got the Jester King/Jolly Pumpkin glasses on Saturday. I was surprised when I got home to notice that they're actually smaller than the most recent glasses JK has been using. I'm not sure how much they hold by comparison.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Their tasting room is a warehouse full of old video games and a jukebox full of metal.

Awesome.. they should do a collab with Trve, a metal brewery in Denver.

Like, real f-in metal.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Don't ask where this came from.

BSD
AG
quote:
Don't ask where this came from.

The crazy thing is that I was there on that exact date. see page 379.
Hudson2508
AG
Why on earth do you have a 2 year old bottle of Pliny?
La Fours
AG
quote:

Bro, it's not just two years old. It's the rare cellar reserve Pliny release. It's the only known bottle left in existence. That would trade for all the beers on BA. In fact I think that would be an amazing troll job. Post a thread there asking to trade some Pliny for some other locals like off the list NCol posted earlier. Have a couple pics of the bottle and the last pic show the date.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Wasn't mine, some guy who didn't know better kept it stowed! Gave it to me "since I'm into that stuff."

Anxious to try it out.
Represent830
AG
Am I the only one that has been craving stouts recently? Like, I'm the last 2 weeks I've been coming home from work and instead of something light to refresh me from the 10,000 degree heat I've been popping open some stouts instead.

This is soooooooo good. Hoping a Houston beer will lead to a Houston win.

Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Wasn't mine, some guy who didn't know better kept it stowed! Gave it to me "since I'm into that stuff."

Anxious to try it out.

Some guy who can't follow directions clearly printed on the label. And yea, you should do that troll post and post results here
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
Am I the only one that has been craving stouts recently? Like, I'm the last 2 weeks I've been coming home from work and instead of something light to refresh me from the 10,000 degree heat I've been popping open some stouts instead.

This is soooooooo good. Hoping a Houston beer will lead to a Houston win.

Dont know if I've seen anyone mention it here, but anyone else with Cortado cans notice any being low-fills? Every single one I've had so far has been. Still tasty, just probably won't wait any time to drink them.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
Brash grand opening party was awesome. Anniversary should be as good.

In other Houston news, I was away for a while and wasn't sure if there were any updates on BBH cherries or Roll in the Hay. My twitter search turned up nil.

Roll in the Hay kegs are already showing up in the on-premise market and has been on tap at the brewery for a couple of weeks now. However, not all the barrels were quite ready, so the bottles will be delayed till November.

Why November?

September: Karbach 5th Anniversary 5xIPA (22oz only, apart from brewery-only kegs) and Krunkin Pumpkin cans
October: projected release of BBH Cherry (bottles/kegs)
November: FUN 014 bottles
December: FUN 015 Jack Daniels 3 Legged Lab ("Good Golly Miss Molly")

Btw, there should be a good deal more Karbachtoberfest this year after having run out way early last fall. Though I'm never mad to have Mother in Lager out.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Great to hear on the Karbachtoberfest. That was my go to last fall and I was really disappointed when I couldn't get it anymore.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
PS I am loving Roll in the Hay so far.

7.5% ABV
White Burgundy and some Viognier barrels

Tasted the anniversary beer unfiltered a few weeks ago and it was very interesting as well. I hate the "quintuple IPA" moniker, but it drank rather nice for a nearly 13% wine-y, juicy, hop bomb. The new (Aggie) head brewer thinks it should easily age till the 10th Anny.
MathNewman06
AG
You're not alone.

Finally was able to find a speedway stout. Not sure why it's been a little tough to find in Houston, but I found it sitting next to a 2015 Abyss that I'll also be enjoying, sooner or later.

I also found Funkwerks Tropic King in the build your own 6 pack for 9.99 section, when they were selling 4-packs of it for 9.99. Been enjoying the hell out of that during the heat this week.
ChipFTAC01
AG
No, I'm in the same boat. Tired of lighter beers. I had planned on a BBH with my steak for dinner. Forgot to put it in the fridge this morning.
First Page Last Page
Page 989 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.