Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,341 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by steve00
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
There is a total wine really close by that the hotel shuttle will take us to.

Can no one see the pictures? They show for me in the thread.
I can't see them but I just assumed it was because they were blocked here at work.
62strat
AG
Attempt #2 for Cantillon.. no luck. The cashier said a dude yesterday sat in the store all day and fed the meter outside for several hours. I was like, that's one way to do it, if you don't have A JOB. Wtf.

But I did see a single FW Bretta Rose just chillin.. So picked it up since I've never had it.
maca1028
La Fours
AG
I used tiny pic to upload the pictures. Is that blocked by your work?
Jock 07
AG
probably. Seems most of them are blocked besides imgur
Hudson2508
AG
Thanks La Fours, we named him after his great great grandfather. Hank is my dad's name so we will probably avoid calling him that around family but pretty sure his friends will call him Hank. All of my friends have already started calling him that.
La Fours
AG
Cool.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
I think all of our wives hate us a little bit because of this thread. Just keep trying new stuff until she finds a style she likes; the tolerance level goes way up after that.

Not mine other than seeing beers she hasn't tried yet.
this.

although, i don't participate much on the thread since its basically all about sours these days, which means i have nothing to contribute.
dave99ag
AG
It'll be IPA season soon.
AggieOO
and i'll still have nothing to contribute.
maca1028
I'll be trying speedway stout later this evening.
AggieOO
quote:
i've got a bottle of that sitting my fridge, but haven't had a reason to crack it. not a huge coffee fan, so waiting on the wife to be in the mood for a coffee stout.
La Fours
AG
It's always ipa season.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:

IPA season stops?
maca1028
quote:
quote:
i've got a bottle of that sitting my fridge, but haven't had a reason to crack it. not a huge coffee fan, so waiting on the wife to be in the mood for a coffee stout.

I bought 2 bottles, one for now one for later. They were stacked on the shelves at the HEB in Fairfield Monday.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
Don't like sours, IPAs, and coffee.

What DO you like?
AgEng06
AG
Beat me to it. I was literally refreshing to make sure no one had already asked.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
quote:
Don't like sours, IPAs, and coffee.

What DO you like?

its a good thing those are only two of a CRAPLOAD of beer styles.

and i wish i liked coffee. love the smell, hate the taste.

and btw - comments like that, even though i know you are joking, are the reason i don't bother posting much anymore on this thread. happens every time.
Represent830
AG
You came on here whining about sours then proceeded to tell us all the others you don't like. It was just a simple, harmless question and outside of the dork that never sent Hub his box, I rarely see any negative comments on here.

Don't get your Bock-zers all twisted up in a wad.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

IPA season stops?
I believe he was referring to the hop harvest and all the wet hop ipas.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

and i wish i liked coffee. love the smell, hate the taste.

I'm in the exact same boat. Main reason I'm not huge on stouts. But then I discovered BBA stouts and fell in love.
jetch17
AG
Glad to see Tallgrass 8-Bit hitting Tine
Two Down
AG
I thought I remembered you being a fan of theirs, Jetch. Did you ever try Buffalo Sweat or their berliner?
jetch17
AG
I dig the sweat & vanilla sweat, haven't had the Berliner

Drank a lot of their offerings when I was traveling to KS quite a bit the last few years
AggieOO
quote:
You came on here whining about sours then proceeded to tell us all the others you don't like. It was just a simple, harmless question and outside of the dork that never sent Hub his box, I rarely see any negative comments on here.

Don't get your Bock-zers all twisted up in a wad.

My feelings aren't hurt. It's just that this same conversation comes up every time I mention I'm not a fan of sours or ipas. Someone inevitably says, "wow, what DO you like?" Despite the fact that it's only two styles out of many. And I mentioned three things I didn't like. One was unwarranted, the other two were continuing a conversation. The one regarding coffee was referring to a beer I have and am going to drink.

I've tried posting about other beer styles, but with JK releasing something almost every weekend, it just gets lost in the shuffle. Usually when the barrel aged stuff gets released, I get a chance to join in the conversation.

Again, feelings aren't hurt at all. But if you don't think the vast majority of posts on here aren't about sours, you are crazy.
AggieOO
quote:
I dig the sweat & vanilla sweat

Love both of those. Was getting them shipped from Wisconsin, but now I can devote that space to more new glarus.
turfman80
AG
quote:
It's always ipa season.
Truer words were never spoken!
Hudson2508
AG
I think the main problem is Texas doesn't have a brewery producing excellent stouts on a regular basis. We have Legion, Black Crack, Temptress and a few others but most Texas breweries are throwing out IPA's and sours to beat the heat.

I can drink a stout on almost any day but there just isn't a lot worthy of discussion coming down the pipe unless we trade for it.

Bottle Logic just dropped their second batch of Fundamental Observation and I would love to get my hands on one but it would take a pretty big offering to swing it.

Not sure if you like porters or not but Texas does make quite a few of those that I love year round. Rocket Fuel is awesome and so is Porter Culture from Hops and Grain. You should definitely grab one of those if you have them in your area. I have a bottle of No Rules from BMac that I'm really excited to try waiting in the fridge.
AggieOO
Had lots of Porter culture. I'm in Austin.

Whitestone's Porter is solid, and they just released their BA Porter, which I enjoyed, despite it being an odd time of year to release.
Hudson2508
AG
If you want to try Rocket Fuel let me know. Jh0400 hooked me up and I have an extra.

Also this years Wootstout hits Austin soon so I'm excited about that. Like that beer every year.
steve00
AG
quote:
quote:
It's always ipa season.
Truer words were never spoken!

Did someone say IPA season?
Jock 07
AG
Oh yeah one more springs store is total wine but not that total wine on circle just east of 25. Large selection with less turnover so you can typically find older stuff that turns over quicker at other stores. No RRBC here.
Represent830
AG
I didn't say those were. Again, was simply asking an incredibly harmless question. Definitely won't ask again.
maca1028

Speedway Stout is good ****! Found a pretty good little meat market on my way outta Waller today it's pairing pretty well too.
La Fours
AG
Don't you all f-/: this up for me.
First Page Last Page
Page 974 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.