Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,630,551 Views | 62598 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by txag2008
Bmac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Realistically, what do you have to do to acquire a loon? I've never even seen one in the wild.

Come to the UCLA game....
Jock 07
AG
I lied, the same beer bar got a few bottles of fou foune back in May as well and sold em for 30 or 40 bucks a piece IIRC
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
Realistically, what do you have to do to acquire a loon? I've never even seen one in the wild.

Come to the UCLA game....
62strat
AG
quote:
my fingers are crossed I get one this week in the wild. This particular bottle shop got a few cases and are placing on the shelves randomly over the next few weeks. Lou Pepe Gueuze And the one I really want Saint Lamvinus.

I'm gonna go damn near every day at lunch and hope to find.
NColoradoAG
A big drop of Cantillon just hit CO. Lou Pepe Gueuze and St Lamvinus.
Jock 07
AG
Not to encroach on your turf but Payless or Lukas by chance?
steve00
AG
Super piney, but I like it.
gigemJTH12
AG
I am fairly amateur to the beer game. To normal civilians I am not, I would consider myself somewhat knowledgeable and seasoned. but once I started reading this thread I figured out how much I have to learn.

Well I just purchased a full size fridge for my garage specifically for beer because of you degenerates.

My wife hates you all.
Scriffer
AG
I think all of our wives hate us a little bit because of this thread. Just keep trying new stuff until she finds a style she likes; the tolerance level goes way up after that.
62strat
AG
quote:
Not to encroach on your turf but Payless or Lukas by chance?
No.. though I haven't checked either. They may have gotten some too.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
I think all of our wives hate us a little bit because of this thread. Just keep trying new stuff until she finds a style she likes; the tolerance level goes way up after that.

Not mine other than seeing beers she hasn't tried yet.
62strat
AG
Thought this was funny..

The news anchor is denver is very vocal about his homebrewing, and brings beer related stories to prime time often.. even speaks of his dog named Porter.

Anyway, yesterday a semi tipped and almost fell off an overpass, turns out it was carrying beer.

This was his tweet:

Followed by this quote on facebook:
"CONFIRMED: Spilled beer on the I-70 & I-25 overpass in Denver is Miller Genuine Draft. And no one was injured.

STAND DOWN, EVERYBODY."
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

My wife got ME into sours... so I'm thankful for that. I remember having my first sour back in 2009 it was La Folie.. anyway, wasn't a fan. (Edited).

Then about a year later wife came across Duchesse (IIRC) somehow and I tried it and was like damn that's good, then I had a berlinerweisse right after I moved to Denver in summer '12 and liked, then more Belgian sours like liefmans goudenbond, and by end of 2012, we were both fully into sours... still hard to find american versions at that time, but they slowly showed up more and more.

Now, well, there isn't a fridge big enough. I've got about 80 of them in my basement.
Represent830
AG
Good point by Scrif. My wife likes a few styles and even the lighter sours. She will try anything though which is cool.

I had to get a fridge a year or so and now, well...

YES I MOVED THE ONES THAT ARE LAYING DOWN I HAD ZERO ROOM.
NColoradoAG
Im glad to see some of you hooligans using the NColoradoAG method of packing beer instead of random items from your ****ing laundry hamper.

CLING WRAP IS YOUR FRIEND. **** TAPE
Scriffer
AG
I dig the Johnny mug
jah003
S
quote:

CLING WRAP IS YOUR FRIEND. **** TAPE

#tapeforlife
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

This. My wife likes the IPAs and sours more than I do.
Represent830
AG
My buddy made those. It's crude, but pretty damn funny.
Represent830
AG
WHY DONT YOU TEACH US INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING?!?
NColoradoAG
quote:

http://texags.com/forums/67/topics/1930360/179
62strat
AG
Eye candy concerning my post above

http://kdvr.com/2016/07/20/dashcam-captures-moment-beer-truck-rolls-over-on-i-70-ramp/
docaggie
AG
quote:
Good point by Scrif. My wife likes a few styles and even the lighter sours. She will try anything though which is cool.

I had to get a fridge a year or so and now, well...

YES I MOVED THE ONES THAT ARE LAYING DOWN I HAD ZERO ROOM.

I'm sure several of us would be happy to help you make some room.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:

http://texags.com/forums/67/topics/1930360/179

Page 179? I don't even think I was born yet.
AgEng06
AG
Any recs on easy to access bottle shops in Colorado Springs? I have a buddy that will be up there next week and he's willing to mule some stuff back for me. He's not real beer savvy, but I can give him a good idea of what to look for...

Scriffer
AG
I had luck at Coal Train on Uintah St a couple years back, based on Jock's recommendation.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Coaltrain+Wine+and+Spirits/@38.85128,-104.830552,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x8713454449e5506f:0xcca9adcd646a9b82
La Fours
AG
I go out of town for a day and you jackwads post 42 times. Damn.

Congratulations Dave!! I'm so incredibly happy for y'all. And congrats Hudson as well. Really liking the name. Will you call him Hank?

Just finished playing 18 at La Cantera Resort Course. It was hot as balls. Had a lot fun but damn I suck at golf. Still enjoy playing though.

Here are some pictures from my day.

Got to the resort last night. Wife said we need to get provisions for the hotel room. Thus resulting in the first pic. Yes that's a lot of vodka. Gotta stay hydrated in this heat.
Represent830
AG
I don't see any pics...
dave99ag
AG
There's a Spec's just up the road off of De Zavala with a decent selection if you haven't found it already.
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
Any recs on easy to access bottle shops in Colorado Springs? I have a buddy that will be up there next week and he's willing to mule some stuff back for me. He's not real beer savvy, but I can give him a good idea of what to look for...

I asked the same thing last month and ended up going to Coaltrain (thanks Jock and 62strat for recommendations btw!). Check out page 956 for a few more recs.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks Scriffer and Dave!
La Fours
AG
There is a total wine really close by that the hotel shuttle will take us to.

Can no one see the pictures? They show for me in the thread.
dave99ag
AG
The Total Wine in the Rim. Haven't been over to that one yet even though it's closer when I'm in Boerne.

I can see the pics, no problem.
La Fours
AG
That's the one. Had a damn good selection. But I was with my wife and our friend and vodka was what we were after. My go by there later for beer. Plan to hit up freetail either tonight or tomorrow for lunch.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I had luck at Coal Train on Uintah St a couple years back, based on Jock's recommendation.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Coaltrain+Wine+and+Spirits/@38.85128,-104.830552,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x8713454449e5506f:0xcca9adcd646a9b82
Coaltrain for the westside of town right off of I-25, J&K on the east side off of Powers, and Veterans at Academy & Austin Bluffs are really my go to spots. Cheers Liquor Mart sometime has Pliny for longer periods of time it seems than Veterans or Coaltrain if you're looking for that. Pliny drops are on Thursdays ~once a month
First Page Last Page
Page 973 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.