Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,694 Views | 62658 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Kyle98
Whoop04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where'd you get it?
62strat
AG
Do yourself a favor and if you're gonna do pliny vs something else.. do it blind.

My uncle and I did this with a homebrew pliny clone, and we both picked the homebrew hah.

Ganted, my uncle wins crazy awards for his homebrews.. so not just your average.
MW13
AG
Any leads on getting Westbrook Gose around the Seaside/Destin area?

I'm currently trying to put a dent in the areas jai lai supply but would like to pick up some of that as well.
Jock 07
AG
No leads for you but just saw they're putting out a key lime gose.
Mustang1
AG
Wine World in Destin seems to have the most options in that area.
jah003
S
quote:
Any leads on getting Westbrook Gose around the Seaside/Destin area?

I'm currently trying to put a dent in the areas jai lai supply but would like to pick up some of that as well.

We are in Pensacola right now... Headed to Navarre tomorrow. Westbrook doesn't ship to Florida. Your only option is to grab some in Alabama. Cottage Hill in Mobile has an awesome selection. We stopped there on the way in.
MW13
AG
Ah ok. Will try to make a stop on mobile on way back. Thanks.
army01
AG
Any of you guys that frequent Sunny Southern Cal...It's looking like I am going to be in the Santa Barbara area for 1 night next month, flying in to LAX. Are there any good bottle shops along the way that someone would recommend?
maca1028
Went to pick up some LO hefe for someone and decided to stop at boondoggles for one.
https://instagr.am/p/BHx7EBfha4_
62strat
AG
Why the hell not. It's Tuesday and I'm about to go see Alice in Chains 3rd row in a historic theater.

Hudson2508
AG
Trillium makes some damn tasty beer.

Chipotlemonger
AG

Pretty nice barrel aged ale. Love this kind of beer. Founders does them the best that I've had to date.

What other places make good barrel ales?
Jock 07
AG
FW, IMHO, has one of the best barrel programs in the country.
cc10106
quote:
Trillium makes some damn tasty beer.
There are probably others, but I could drink nothing but Trillium and be happy.
steve00
AG
quote:
FW, IMHO, has one of the best barrel programs in the country.

I agree. They have the most different variants of great barrel aged beers. I love Southern Charred and Double ******* in the Rye, but Stone doesn't have the consistent greatness like FW. Founders Devil Dancer is my go to 12oz bottle.
steve00
AG
Just finished alternating between Heady and Pliny.

I couldn't try 62strat's blind tasting since I'm on my own tonight. I don't think it would have worked anyway, since these beers look, smell and taste so different, it would be completely obvious which is which. Probably even if I threw in a few more random selections.

My determination is that these two DIPAs couldn't be more different, yet they are both incredibly great examples of the style. One is super clean and crisp, while the other is unfiltered and creamy and a little sweeter. I will happily drink both of them any chance I get. I don't think I need to rate one over the other.
Chipotlemonger
AG
In th nail polish mood after that aged ale, if you catch my drift.
Represent830
AG
Wow. You guys are bringing it tonight. Guess I'll post my weekend beers.

First off, beer haul from my birthday JK run. Was a great day with great friends.

Came home from JK and grilled some steaks. My best man was in town and apparently knows a guy who is best friends with the guy that owns Rare Barrel so he brought me two. We drank one of his and mine that DallasAggie traded for. The Ensorcelles was fantastic and I couldn't stop smelling the nose on the Home, Sour Home. The cinnamon was so good.

Sunday night beer. Picked it up in Denver and was very good.

Having this tonight along with Urban Funkhouse (very meh, unfortunately) but the Red Poppy Ale is incredible. Steve00 threw this in as an extra in a trade a while back and man, this does not disappoint. Will need more later on. This is my ASG beer.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Nice work man! Sweet haul as well! Glad you enjoyed the Home Sour Home. The nose is definitely amazing on that one.

Drank an Almanac Farmers Reserve Strawberry tonight after a BBH with Chocolate. The Farmers Reserve Strawberry was phenomenal. Highly recommend to anyone if you see it. Strong strawberry on the nose, well balanced tartness and carb makes it a very smooth drinker. One of the best offerings from Almanac in my mind.
Scriffer
AG
Strong work, and happy birthday!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Happy birthday Rep, hell of some hauls there.
NColoradoAG
I think Bmac and his crew have the Dallas area trading scene on lock. They get **** done.
Mustang1
AG
Would love to see AIC again soon. How was the show?
62strat
AG
Awesome.. here;s my quick write up from the entertainment board:

quote:

So this show was badass as always. I just love seeing a long time favorite band in a theater/club setting. I look back living in Houston, and all 3 times AIC came through it was a festival or other large bill and was at woodlands. I hated that crap.

Been in Denver 4 years and have seen them 3 times now; this one last night, last year at an even smaller club (800 people), and once at large pavilion. These smaller shows are so much better.
It was these 4 dudes, a bit of lighting.. and that's it.. that's all they need.

A snippet of Nutshell

As always, a great variety of their entire catalogue, but heavy on the 90s.

Hollow
Them Bones
Dam That River
Again
Check My Brain
Nutshell
Angry Chair
Man in the Box
Your Decision
Down in a Hole
Stone
Last of My Kind
We Die Young
Got Me Wrong
It Ain't Like That

Encore:
Rooster
No Excuses
Would?

steve00
AG
These just came in today. Really excited to try them, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow for them to cool down.

For now I'm stuck trying to finish these Pliny's before they hit drain pour status.
Hudson2508
AG
Dinner is on my bucket list. Need to trade for it one of these days.
maca1028
Some good stuff getting drank in here this week. Beer trade question, would a live oak hefe/yellow rose combo pull some heady?
La Fours
AG
I don't see why it wouldn't. 2 YR and a 6 of LO hefe should get two 4 packs of heady. You will be high on your end of the $4$ but I think it's fair. I just don't think many know how good LO hefe is. Might not know how good YR is either. Might get three 4 packs of heady. Idk.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Some good stuff getting drank in here this week. Beer trade question, would a live oak hefe/yellow rose combo pull some heady?

I think it's a stretch. Live Oak Hef is awesome, but i doubt anyone is seeking it out. Well, other than me, but that was for the WeldWerks brewer.

Youd have better luck maybe with some BBH and variants.

Or just buy a 4 pack off one of the secondary sites.
Scriffer
AG
Finally drinking a Troll Toll. I'm not a big fan of Belgian IPA's, but it's growing on me. I think Frank Reynolds would dig it though.

Chipotlemonger
AG
What's wrong with your table?
steve00
AG
Unless you find someone from VT who has a pipeline of Heady, I can't imagine getting it for any reasonable amount of YR. Also, if they have a pipeline, they are probably just selling for $10-15 per can.

*I don't trade much, and could be totally wrong. And I actively trade stuff to get YR, so I'm not dogging it.
Scriffer
AG
It's a bar stool. We just moved and haven't bought a coffee table yet.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
It's a bar stool. We just moved and haven't bought a coffee table yet.

Did you have to throw everything away?
dixie whiskey
AG
speaking of buying off beer sites, what's the best one to use where being in tx won't be a problem? there's some stuff I'd really like to try and might not be able to trade for, which I'm not opposed to paying a little extra for within reason (like heady). I've never used one of those sites before and not sure how to proceed. some day I'd like to use belgium in a box to score some good lambics I've never had the chance to try, but I hear it can be a bit of a hassle. cantillon is at the very top of my list of stuff I'm dying to try, but i would also like to know of some decent sites to score some domestic stuff I can't get here, like heady, some of the better fruited sours, etc. thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
First Page Last Page
Page 967 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.