Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,657 Views | 62473 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by SoTxAg
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't had too many Jester King's (moved from TX 4 years ago), but I know one thing:
Some of their beer names are a bit much. They seem like random jabbering from someone trying to sound smart.
Omniscience & Proselytism, OK. Nocturn Chrysalis, sure I'll take whatever that is. Synthesis Analogous. mmmm.

The 6 I've had, ranked:
Cervesa sin frontera (only one I've had since moving 4 years ago)
Thrash metal
Wytchmaker
Le petit prince
Salt Lick Censored (on second thought, I had this on a trip back to TX in 2013)
Commercial suicide (Only beer in my adult life I did not finish.. had it at Flying Saucer)
dixie whiskey
AG
I got a text from my buddy the other day that his store got their ab noir a little late but he put two aside for me. gotta love friends like that. they also got the buffalo bayou raspberry rotundone, which I tried last night. the raspberry definitely takes it up a level. I really enjoyed it.

planning on hitting bunker hill heb tomorrow, really hoping they might have speedway stout as I'm dying to try it. if anyone has any advice tracking it down on the nw side (I'm near cypress) of houston, please let me know?
cc10106
My buddy at HEB Fairfield said they may get some Speedway in Friday. I also would check Spec's and HEB Vintage Park on 249. If not there, maybe the Chevron at West and Telge will get it. They don't seem to mark up their stuff as much as they used to.
maca1028
The atrial release might work out perfect for me, I might be making a day trip up to Austin in a few weeks.
turfman80
AG
I have to add this about HickoryHigh and it shouldn't be deletion worthy....

The kid blew it big time. He coulda been in like Flynn, got accepted into the group, made it to some tailgate bottleshares this fall, started getting some fringe benefits like free bottles given out of generosity, and so on....

But he royally screwed up!!!

You are absolutely right Turfman. Please let this be the last of this conversation. -TexAgs Staff
maca1028
quote:

The kid blew it big time. He coulda been in like Flynn, got accepted into the group, made it to some tailgate bottleshares this fall, started getting some fringe benefits like free bottles given out of generosity, and so on....

You are absolutely right Turfman. Please let this be the last of this conversation. -TexAgs Staff

Staff...since you're here...how about opening up the TexAgs office for a First Annual TA Bottleshare?
lne2011
AG
Have they really gone down on prices? If so, this good news. I stopped going because I could usually find a Specs with the beer I was looking for at a cheaper price. Sometimes it was $5 cheaper per bottle.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Not bad. Gets way better when it warms up towards room temp. Still prefer the bite and what the booze content does to a Prairie Bomb over this though.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
This is phenomenal.

Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Staff...since you're here...how about opening up the TexAgs office for a First Annual TA Bottleshare?

This is a phenomenally excellent idea

I love this idea. But I'm just a simple volunteer moderator. I have no say or control over what happens at the TexAgs Office.

- TexAgs Staff
docaggie
AG
I got one of those as a gift a few months back for someone I'd been a mentor for the last few years.
He's holding a bottle of Prairie AB Noir and one of Birthday Bomb for when I get back into town to sample.

Currently wandering the streets of Disney World, staring forlornly at all the Bud and Coors they stack up everywhere. With all the great craft breweries in FL, none can make it into the coolers here?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That sounds brutal. To go all that way and only see that because you're stuck at Disney World.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I got one of those as a gift a few months back for someone I'd been a mentor for the last few years.
He's holding a bottle of Prairie AB Noir and one of Birthday Bomb for when I get back into town to sample.

Currently wandering the streets of Disney World, staring forlornly at all the Bud and Coors they stack up everywhere. With all the great craft breweries in FL, none can make it into the coolers here?

Thought they had cigar city there
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is a phenomenally excellent idea

I love this idea. But I'm just a simple volunteer moderator. I have no say or control over what happens at the TexAgs Office.

- TexAgs Staff

Yeah, I'm gonna need to pass out in Gabes studio chair, or if I'm lucky enough.......Liuccis
dixie whiskey
AG
quote:
My buddy at HEB Fairfield said they may get some Speedway in Friday. I also would check Spec's and HEB Vintage Park on 249. If not there, maybe the Chevron at West and Telge will get it. They don't seem to mark up their stuff as much as they used to.

thanks for the heads up. I drink with luis, the beer guy at the chevron, pretty regularly so he keeps me updated on a lot or stuff, but thats good to know about Fairfield heb. I'm gonna be right by bunker hill tomorrow so I'll post if I have any luck there
dixie whiskey
AG

quote:

thanks for the heads up. I drink with luis, the beer guy at the chevron, pretty regularly so he keeps me updated on a lot or stuff, but thats good to know about Fairfield heb. I'm gonna be right by bunker hill tomorrow so I'll post if I have any luck there
Represent830
AG
I personally love JKs stuff but the two that stick out the most to me were Shatrial (absolutely incredible) and the latest RU55 which is also aged in sherry barrels. I have a few more still left including one earmarked for AgEng that I might drink due to the statue of limitations for holding beer running out.
Represent830
AG
quote:
what does Boxers taste like?

Can't remember but just a base sour of theirs. It's really good. Had one of my first this past weekend as it is one of the last ones I've her to try
Represent830
AG
quote:
Our resident welcher is back posting on Texags, what is the beer thread's consensus action?

1) leave it be
2) texags stalk and post in his threads
3) turn him into the outdoor board

THIS IS MY FINAL MENTION ON THIS MATTER.

LEAVE IT BE.

PLEASE.

HE SUCKS FOR NOT FOLLOWING THROUGH. BUT LET'S LEAVE IT AT THAT.

SERIOUSLY.

NO NEED TO HAVE THOSE CRAZIES OVER ON THE OB DO WHAT THEY DO BEST.

I'M SERIAL. SUPER DUPER SERIAL.

SRSLY.

NO MORE.

srsly stop

-TEXAGS STAFF

I'm starting to narrow down who I think staff is...
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

I'M SERIAL. SUPER DUPER SERIAL.

I'm starting to narrow down who I think staff is...

Al Gore!

gigemJTH12
AG
heading to JK today! looking forward to it.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
Looks like bells is available in CO now.
Saw that as well. First trucks are supposed to show up here in the springs tomorrow.
Upon further review it looks like it was a one time drop and they're still not here permanently.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Looks like bells is available in CO now.
Saw that as well. First trucks are supposed to show up here in the springs tomorrow.
Upon further review it looks like it was a one time drop and they're still not here permanently.
Yep

https://www.bellsbeer.com/news/bell-s-beer-will-return-colorado-limited-time-month
AggieStout
AG
Red Horn up in Round Rock will be having Bishop Barrel in their store today for the release of #14.
They will also have previous versions available. 1 bottle of each vintage per person.
#13 and

5pm today
AgEng06
AG
Awesome. I'm going to try to make that.
AggieStout
AG
^ I figured you would of wanted to know. I think i am going to try and make it also. Looked at the 4 and i want to try and get #11 and #14 the most.

HUB, you want any of these if i can get one. Ill help you out and get you a bottle of one and ship it to you.
AgEng06
AG
I have a #13 at home thanks to Lucky #007, but will try to get one of each of the others. Thanks for the heads up.
AggieStout
AG
Just paying it forward with some of the good info you have posted that has helped me out on landing some rare beers.
AgEng06
AG
I wouldn't blame you if you drank it...

.... but if you don't, I'll eventually enjoy it immensely.
Represent830
AG
quote:
I wouldn't blame you if you drank it...

.... but if you don't, I'll eventually enjoy it immensely.

Hurry up and get down here
army01
AG
quote:
This is phenomenal.

We did a side-by-side a few years back of Funk Metal and Tart of Darkness. Both were awesome.

My JK top 5:

Black Metal (OG)
MvB
CdT
Atrial
Weasel Rodeo
Represent830
AG
Forgot about MvB. That is probably number 3 for me.

I really want to try that tart of darkness. I love funk metal.
Jock 07
AG
Tart of darkness blends the two styles so perfectly.
jetch17
AG
HEBbunker has a sh*tload of all ale smith and plenty of speedway
dixie whiskey
AG
looks like jetch beat me to it, but yeah bunker hill has a pretty good amount of speedway. picked up 3 and got a couple growler fills
First Page Last Page
Page 953 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.