Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,520 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by FancyKetchup14
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And Scriff is probably doing more of the former rather than the latter.
AggieOO
i'm headed to wisconsin next week, so my beer drinking to exercising ratio will change drastically.
big-ag
AG
quote:
I'm going to be in Boulder (actually, looks like its about halfway between Boulder and Longmont) for a couple of days at the end of September for work. I'm not going to have alot of free time, but I'd like to hit a couple of breweries while I'm there. Any suggestions? Also, good bottle shops in the area to get stuff to bring home that I can't get in Texas?
Avery was my favorite place.

I was able to find Crooked Stave and Almanac (among others) at Hazel's and Liquor Mart.
AgEng06
AG
Got this one from Represent830 over a year ago and finally got around to drinking it. It's very good. Thanks Represent!

Post removed:
by user
fav13andac1)c
AG
Have any of you had a chance to grab this new double IPA from Lakewood? It is damn good.

?imgmax=800
Robert C. Christian
AG
Had it Sunday Night, will grab again if I see it.
62strat
AG
Looks like bells is available in CO now.
steve00
AG
Two Hearted is a solid IPA. I switch between that and Sculpin for my easily available canned IPA needs.
army01
AG
Pretty good little beer run today: 2 - 2015 Parabolas and 1 - 2016 Parabola.
maca1028
https://instagr.am/p/BG8Js0IFKJR
Kyle98
AG
Went to our first Texas Craft Brewers Guild meeting tonight and it was at Lakewood. Had the Troll Toll right when I got there. Good stuff.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
https://instagr.am/p/BG8Js0IFKJR

Well. That sucked.
maca1028
I gave up pretty early and started catching up on the OJ 30 for 30. Once they were down 2-0 I thought it was out of reach.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
It was. Argentina is pretty salty. Obviously, they're better than us, but they looked so much quicker and smoother.

That free kick from Messi was awesome. And something he regularly pulls off.
gigemJTH12
AG
heading up to lake LBJ this weekend and considering a stop at the Jester King Brewery for some bottles of sour on my way. worth the stop?
big-ag
AG
Yes. Go on Friday if you can. Less crowded.

Grab a pizza at Stanley's. You won't regret it.
AggieOO
quote:
Grab a pizza at Stanley's. You won't regret it.
you might regret waiting 3 days to get it though

just kidding...well sort of. Shouldn't be that bad on a friday.
La Fours
AG
Where on LBJ are you going to be and where are you coming from? If you are south of Austin then it's not too far out of the way. But if you are north of Austin it's way out of the way.
jwag
AG
quote:
i'm headed to wisconsin next week, so my beer drinking to exercising ratio will change drastically.

Don't forget to get some New Glarus Raspberry Tart while you're there. Excellent. Spotted Cow pretty good too but overrated imho.
gigemJTH12
AG
coming from houston. mapquest says it adds 15 minutes to my trip.

I really want that strawberry sour they just released. just not sure if they have any left.

they had 250 bottles last friday.
jh0400
AG
quote:
coming from houston. mapquest says it adds 15 minutes to my trip.

I really want that strawberry sour they just released. just not sure if they have any left.

they had 250 bottles last friday.

I believe JK posts their to-go bottle list on Thursdays for the coming weekend. The general rule for fruited sours is that you better be there the weekend they're released, or you're out of luck.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The strawberry was gone early Saturday. The fruited sours used to last a few weeks. Not anymore. The neckbeards and miles show up and buy it all.

On a side note, is this the first time they've bumped their fruited sours to $20 a bottle? That's getting a little crazy. I get it on their end since they're still selling out with no problem but damn.
gigemJTH12
AG
how big are the bottles?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
500 ml.
DallasAggie2012
AG
It will be interesting to see if that allows bottles of the fruited sours to last any longer than before. I would highly doubt it since the jump is not that crazy. They basically went from 0.95/oz to 1.18/oz, which is more in the Cascade sour price range. It still fits within the market range for that style and quality of beer I would say. Hopefully the added revenue will allow them to continue to improve and experiment and possibly grow their production at a little bit greater rate than before if that's what they desire.

Also, if it means that people buy a few less of the fruited sours here and there causing them to last longer at the brewery, I would selfishly be for that seeing as I can't usually make it down on a Friday.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
They sold 2000 bottles on Friday. It doesn't appear to have slowed it down at all.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Yeah I totally agree, especially when there is a lower bottle count on a beer they haven't released in a couple years. It seems like it won't do much to the somewhat smaller releases for sure after this weekend, but it will be interesting to see if it does anything to the larger bottle count releases in the future.
AgEng06
AG
My local HEB got some AleSmith in today so I picked up some Horny Devil and Speedway Stout at lunch. I also picked up another 2015 BCBS for good measure...
Represent830
AG
quote:
Got this one from Represent830 over a year ago and finally got around to drinking it. It's very good. Thanks Represent!

Awesome. Bet a 14 is drinking fantastic right now.
Coy94
AG
quote:
My local HEB got some AleSmith in today so I picked up some Horny Devil and Speedway Stout at lunch. I also picked up another 2015 BCBS for good measure...

Which HEB?

Coy94
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Looks like bells is available in CO now.
Saw that as well. First trucks are supposed to show up here in the springs tomorrow.
La Fours
AG
AleSmith has made it to College Station. Saw it at HEB the other day. Didn't grab any yet. Probably will this weekend.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Central Market beer sale is on - 20% off $25 or more. Picked up some BBH and Dissident, among others. Ends next week, I think.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Is that every market or location?
First Page Last Page
Page 951 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.