Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,618 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
A great day for a good beer

Had one of these the other night and it was surprisingly awesome.
jetch17
AG
Lordy

Jock 07
AG
quote:
Ok fellas. I have six juicy bits crowlers up for grabs. First two metro areas (DFW, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and CS) to claim three will win. No doubling up. I'll send 2 boxes of three crowlers each to one person for distribution. $16( includes shipping cost) per crowler. We'll handle shipment and payment via email.

In for either Houston or Austin if I'm not too late
Kyle98
AG
Figured my first Father's Day as a dad was a good time to open this. Damn it's tasty.

Jason_Ag98
AG
In for Austin if there's any left!
NColoradoAG
You six from Dallas and Houston send me an email at adam dot klett at Gmail dot com
jetch17
AG
Sent
jh0400
AG
Sent.
Scriffer
AG
Sent
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Sent
MathNewman06
AG
Sent.
Kyle98
AG
And sent!
Scriffer
AG
Efficiency
DallasAggie2012
AG
Damn I don't check this thread for 3 hours and I miss the Juicy Bits! Freakin jealous. Good bull NCol.

Shared a Farmhouse Noir with my dad to celebrate him tonight, and it did not disappoint. Absolutely incredible beer. Perfectly balanced.
Chipotlemonger
AG
In.

Too late

Good build though!
jah003
S
Taos Mesa Brewing is nothing special... Beer was mediocre to bad. Food was pretty solid. It also has to be the "hipsterist" place I've ever been in my life... Service followed the hipster attitude.

This beer though...
maca1028
So much win in here today.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Went to a hipster like place for dinner. Slow AF service, good food, but this isn't a damn meal on the banks of the Seine. Let's get a move on.
62strat
AG
Happy daddy's day to all the daddy's out there!. I'm a daddy two times over in two years. Two little dudes that bring me lots of smiles everyday.

My dinner view from my deck
Robert C. Christian
AG
I mow the lawn one Sunday and this is what happens? Lesson learned, wife will be mowing from here on out.
Jock 07
AG
Hotel drinking part deux. From what I can remember, this reminds me a lot of abrasive which I haven't had in years. Pleasantly surprised with the beer scene here in Nebraska. Local beer store here gives the stores in the springs a run for their money. Prices are cheaper here as well, maybe a product of different taxes? Crooked Stave is here, didn't realize they were distributing outside of the state. Funkwerks was here apparently but had to pull out. Supposedly they had 4 kegs of different Cantillon on here a couple weeks ago. Tilquin gueze on tap last week. Looking forward to making some Midwest beer pilgrimages while I'm here.

Jock 07
AG
quote:
Lordy

Oh yeah, and so much better than Pliny
NoneGiven
AG
Any of you all considering jumping on the Hops and Grain wefunder?
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Taos Mesa Brewing is nothing special... Beer was mediocre to bad. Food was pretty solid. It also has to be the "hipsterist" place I've ever been in my life... Service followed the hipster attitude.
Well, that's disappointing. I'll probably check it out next time I'm there, but I'll be going in with very low expectations.
La Fours
AG
I haven't seen anything about it.
AggieOO
quote:
opening a second location in san marcos. getting crowfunding to pay for it.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
Not to be confused with a kickstarter that gets you some stickers. If this pans out, they intend to pay 2x investment amount
https://wefunder.com/hopsandgrain
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
quote:
Not to be confused with a kickstarter that gets you some stickers. If this pans out, they intend to pay 2x investment amount
https://wefunder.com/hopsandgrain

true, different than kickstarter, but still somewhat "risk free" for the benefactor.
NoneGiven
AG
Yup. Only backed by their assets at the new facility. Angel investing with a lower income threshold.
AggieOO
not knocking it at all. I know Josh had some minor issues with direction with his original investor(s), so this its a great way for him to circumvent that to a degree.
Scriffer
AG
Can anybody recommend a decent bottle shop around the Domain in Austin? Going to be staying at the Westin for a company event for a couple days.
AggieOO
There's a specs right there, but I'd just drive to sunrise mini mart. You'll pay a couple extra bucks, but screw specs.

Whole foods has a decent selection and the draft shack there is awesome.
Scriffer
AggieOO
also, Yardhouse is open in the domain. 120 taps.

when are you in town? If you have time to grab a beer or run/swim, let me know. I'm doing more of the latter than the former these days, but i still love beer.
Kyle98
AG
I'm going to be in Boulder (actually, looks like its about halfway between Boulder and Longmont) for a couple of days at the end of September for work. I'm not going to have alot of free time, but I'd like to hit a couple of breweries while I'm there. Any suggestions? Also, good bottle shops in the area to get stuff to bring home that I can't get in Texas?
First Page Last Page
Page 950 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.