Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,350 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
well, since i'm off and on, if that order happens, i'm in for 2 collage and 2 pliny if i can get them.
army01
AG
Strat- that is a XXIII. Your uncle's clone sounds great.
Big Al 1992
AG
Real Ale Fireman's #4 now in cans!!! Perfect for the cupholder in the golf cart!!
jah003
S
quote:
Real Ale Fireman's #4 now in cans!!! Perfect for the cupholder in the golf cart!!

Had a couple at the Anniversary Part yesterday... even scored a free Fireman's koozie!

Oh... and be on the lookout for Fireman's #4 squared (don't know how to do the superscript). Had one yesterday and was quite impressed!
cpscAG06
AG
Witmer Brothers Kill Devil. Rum Barrel aged brown ale. Pick some up if you can find it.

For our weekly beer summit at work, I busted out a 2011 Dogfish Head 120. Needless to say everyone won on Friday.
hbc07
AG
quote:
i want in...how much are bottles? That will determine how many i'd like.
last i checked bottles are $12/ea. shipping per bottle will be $3-$4 (final total unknown until actually getting the shipping set up
NColoradoAG
Good bull, hbc. Let me know if you have trouble getting enough bottles. They're just sitting around at a lot of places here.

On a somewhat related note, here are the games I'll be going to this coming year:

Florida
LSU
Mizzou
Will also be going to Ole Miss and Auburn if anyone wants to meet on the road.

I fly Southwest so I can bring plenty of beer down to you guys. I usually catch a late Thursday flight, play golf on Friday, and we're set up by 9am in Lot 61 on gameday. Most things are easy to get, but I might need a little warning for Pliny since it arrives randomly and sells out quick.
Two Down
AG
HBC, if you happen to find any Pliny, I would take anything up to 5 bottles...really got addicted to that stuff.
AggieOO
I'm in for 2 of the collage.

I'll be at a few games this year. Hopefully going to the auburn game too.

Missing the Florida game, as I will be in Wisconsin, but planning on loading up with new glarus to bring back.
AggieOO
btw - for anyone in austin, the Voodoo made its way to Sunshine Mini Mart. Saw it there yesterday.
Pahdz
Don't forget my spotted cow OO!

So no recommendations for breweries in seattle?
Two Down
AG

Had several of these tonight. Not a bad little brew. Light for an IPA. Would buy again.
Two Down
AG
Followed that up with this:

Very chocolatey, just a hint of alcohol burn. Enjoyable brew.

P.S. New spartacus reeeeaaaaaallllly sucks. Finally got cable in my house and wanted to catch up. Want those 7 minutes and 45 seconds back.
Two Down
AG
And dropped the hammer with this:

strong (at 10% abv) and malty but really lacking in the hops department. Would not buy again at $10/bomber, but got the job done nonetheless. Good. Night.
La Fours
AG
I really liked the Great Divide 18th anniversary DIPA.

I am learning more and more that drinking certain beers before or after one another really changes the flavor profile. The other day I drank one of my Deviant Dale's, then followed it with a Lagunitas Maximux IPA. With the strong hop profile in the Deviant Dale's, it really hid hops of the Maximus, making the malt even more profound tasting and sweet. I was really underwhelmed after that first one. But yesterday, I drank the Maximus first and the hops stood out more. It still is not as good as other Lagunitas beers, and a little too malty, but I know better now that when I drink the rest of the six pack, to not have any stronger IPA's before it.
gordo97
AG
Witmer Brothers Kill Devil. Rum Barrel aged brown ale. Pick some up if you can find it.

where did you find it?
Two Down
AG
La Fours - I have found the same thing to be true, which is why I don't follow say a Ruination with anything I am trying the first time. I had figured that since the stout wouldn't be hoppy that I would be in the clear, but it may be that the stout just lingered on the palate.

Also, given how I woke up today (on my living room floor, next to a small puddle of beer), I could just have been drunk and need to revisit the DIPA.
jetch17
AG
Houston folk, Bunker HEB has Stone Ruination 10 today, first come first serve.

Password:  Do you know a way to remove the enamel from my teeth? 
Two Down
AG
Jetch - know any where else that might have it?
jetch17
AG
Nope, only heard HEB Bunker through the beerclub email list
BSD
AG
Just got a bottle of the Ruination 10. I got the email while I was grocery shopping do that made it easy! By the way, HEB's beer department just kicked my wallet's ass. Good thing I was impartial...
jetch17
AG
Actually Petrol had it on tap last weekend, not sure if they still do. They're closed tomorrow, so y'all better go get your growlers for the 4th today.

Also noticed they have Deviant Dales on tap too
AggieOO
picked up 2 bottles of this the other day

http://www.drinkrangercreek.com/san-antonio-brewery/small-batch-series-1/

planning on letting these sit a while.
62strat
AG
This was a quick $50.

I already had 3 beers at rock bottom brewery for dinner, so just popped open one tonight.. man this is a damn good beer.

Stayed in vail over the weekend. Just a 10 min. drive west, in Edwards, we stopped by here:

I picked up a visitors guide while in Vail earlier that day, in the back was a coupon for a free flight, so that made my decision easy (plus my dipped nutter butter from rocky mtn choc. factory hah).
Flight was the amber, pale ale, ipa, black ale, snowcat coffee stout and a black ipa

Cute little Berner just walking around the place. There was about 15 people there this day, and about 10 dogs hah. Very much dog country out here.

And just stacked up out in the parking lot!

Till next time. I'm gonna buy a glass at every brewery I visit, gonna run out of room in no time I imagine Bought a 8oz. goblet this trip.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 7/3/2012 4:09p).]
La Fours
AG
Started with the Hop Rod Rye. This beer is soooo good. One of my favorites.

And switched to this. Picked it up at specs today. Thought I would give it a try. It's not bad. It is like what New Belgium started with before adding the lychee and whatever else is in the tart lychee.

La Fours
AG
quote:
picked up 2 bottles of this the other day

http://www.drinkrangercreek.com/san-antonio-brewery/small-batch-series-1/

planning on letting these sit a while.

Nice 00. That looks promising.
army01
AG
Garage/attic pack night:

&

BSD
AG
quote:

where did you find it?

I picked this up yesterday at Bunker Hill HEB.
AggieChemist
AG
Started off this morning with a Yuengling lager and a Troegs doppel bockenator.
NColoradoAG
What is everyone drinking today?

I started off with a DFH Festina Peche and a New Glarus Apple Ale. I've got ribs going out on the grill. The "Aerial America" marathon on Smithsonian has sucked me in the couple times I've been back in the kitchen.

On deck is a Maine Beer Co Zoe and a Pliny. Happy 4th! God bless America and all those who protect her.
jetch17
AG
Mowin through Summer Pils at the inlaws BBQ this afternoon, hey it's free

jh0400
AG
I had my last St A Pils, an Endeavour, and now I'm on to Rodeo Clown. H'Tine dine.
cpscAG06
AG
gordo - i found mine in Dallas. They have some left at Lake View Liquor in Lakewood (Dallas)
gordo97
AG
Having my one and only bottle of Pliny right now.... Cheers everyone and happy 4th!!!!
BSD
AG
Beers (etc) I drank or tasted today:

RRBC Damnation
Alaskan IPA
Sierra Nevada Hoptimum IPA
Oskar Blues Gubna IIPA 
Southern Star Pine Belt Ale
Karbach Weisse Versa Wheat
SA Endeavour
Hebrew Bittersweet Lenny's rye IPA
Oskar Blurs Dales Pale Ale
St Peters Cream Stout

Balvenie single barrel 15 with a Padron Series 1926

2009 Keating can sauv
2009 Poe Chardonnay
2009 Turley Duarte Zin
First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.