Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,040 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cracked into the beer fridge during a big party I hosted last night and we had a 2009 Abyss and Jubel 2010.
hbc07
AG
ok, i'm really doing this now. everyone who wants collage post here with how many bottles you want.

i know of already:

p-wonk
la fours
jetch

i know i'm missing a few names but i can't remember who right now. as stated before group ship is best, shipping increases a bunch for just a bottle or two. so post where you're at.

jetch, i can send you a few bottles when i send some stuff to bsd next (i'm saying that on the assumption you see him often, which i think you do)

also looking for pliny to slip in, but nothing found yet.

[This message has been edited by hbc07 (edited 6/29/2012 12:33p).]
BSD
AG
HBC, email sent.

Jetch and I hit up BRC for lunch today. I had the Boulevard Saison Brett to start. Right or wrong, I base all my sours off RRBC beers and this was like a lighter version of Sanctification, very solid. I have a few bottles I bought blind last summer so I look forward to opening those.

The second beer was St Arnold's Endeavour, always a good choice.
jetch17
AG
hbc, yeah just send anything my way when you send to BSD, its hot as ball to ship right now if yall would rather wait. wha'eva.

hbc to BSD ASAP, OK?
AggieOO
i want in...how much are bottles? That will determine how many i'd like.

[This message has been edited by AggieOO (edited 6/29/2012 1:54p).]
Pahdz
Headed to Seattle next week, any brews and/or breweries to hit up? Mind you I live in Oklahoma, so I get a very limited selection of good beer to begin with here from up there.
Two Down
AG
I would definitely be in if there is some Pliny available. Whet my appetite with a couple of them over the last few weeks and am now craving some more.

Have yet to try any of the Ruination/Supplication/Beautification that I have, as I was informed that these really should be aged. Any insight on this?
jh0400
AG
I'd be in for a Collage as well as a RRBC Supplication and Salvation. I'm in Houston and am willing to go in with Jetch and BSD for shipping.
AggieOO
i'll take some RRBC stuff too.

i'm in austin, but if there's no one else in austin, someone can probably hold mine like with the voodoo, if that's cool.
jetch17
AG
OO i can hold anything you want.
Two Down
AG
Forgot to mention - also am in Houston and would go in for shipping this way.
BSD
AG
quote:
Have yet to try any of the Ruination/Supplication/Beautification that I have, as I was informed that these really should be aged.  Any insight on this?

My credo, if you have to have a credo is "go for it."  

Drink now, get more later.  
AggieOO
quote:
OO i can hold anything you want.

sounds dirty.
jetch17
AG
BSD
AG
Why don't we save HBC the trouble and just have a few of us fly out there, buy a ****load of beer, and rent a truck to bring back?
AggieOO
i'd love to get up that way. trying to find an excuse to get work to send me up there, but I don't have any events in that area again until fall...and i don't travel in the fall unless its for college football.

[This message has been edited by AggieOO (edited 6/29/2012 3:13p).]
AggieOO
update from Whip-In for those of us in Austin

quote:
fri29june:

as per the lawyerly report from this afternoon, Namaste Brewing at the Whip In will be fully legal&legit to make&vend our own beers as of Mon2July!
metrag06
AG
I'd be interested in a Collage and a Pliney if it's available...

quote:
I'm in Houston and am willing to go in with Jetch and BSD for shipping.

+1
AggieOO
finishing off my third fat tire at work...then headed home. one of the few things i like about my job is beer friday.
NColoradoAG
Two Down, drink your Ruination. It's an IPA and wont get any better with age. The RR stuff can sit for a year or two, but IMO, american wilds fall off after about 18-24 months. They dont age long term as gracefully as a lambic.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 6/29/2012 5:07p).]
Jock 07
AG
If it can get to the tine by the end of July /beginning of August I'd be down to throw down

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 6/29/2012 5:17p).]
La Fours
AG
I will be happy to be the middle man for the shipment. Or if you guys in the tine prefer, one of you can do it. It looks like most of you are in the tine except for me and 00.

I would also be up for a few RRBC bottles if you can find any.

I would like 2 collage bottles and 2 Pliny if you find some.
army01
AG
Comparison drinking tonight. Beer #1:

A nice, mellow porter.

Beer #2:

A freakin' party in my mouth. Pretty sure my tongue came.

BSD
AG
Very solid, Army01.

Among others, I had a Jolly Pumpkin la Roja sour last night. Much like a RRBC Supplication, but half the cost.
DonaldFDraper
AG
471 Small Batch Double IPA, Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin, Victory Hop Wallop, HeBrew Bittersweet Lennys Rye Double I.P.A.
62strat
AG
Army is that xiii black butte? Can't tell. I was at my uncles on Thursday night. He cloned the black butte and the 23. He started with 5 gal of a very high gravity BB clone (13%). Then blended with his regular clone while adding the orange peel, spices and some little chocolate beans. So now he has ten gal of it, he's going to leave one keg alone, then age the other on chips soaked in makers. Quite a coincidence you had both of those. I wanted to find one to do a side by side with his.
La Fours
AG
Here's what I had last night.

The hoptimum was very good. The Maximus was ok. My first lagunitas that wasn't awesome.
Marooned_n_Aggieland

Gave this good marks before and I will reiterate here again. Hands down my favorite Real Ale year round beer. A comparison coming up. See below.
Marooned_n_Aggieland

I wanted to do a comparison so I pulled out a New Belgium Tripel. The Real has a more inviting aroma. The NB is not as bold as the RA offering. If you want to drink several then NB might be your better choice. I you like a taste blast, go for the Backbone.

Beer Advocate says that La Fin Du Monde is the best. I need to seek this one out for a taste.
BSD
AG
Petrol bottle share in an hour. Let's see what happens.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Tonight's brew. Anyone else try this yet?

Purchased from HEB singles case.
BSD
AG
Tonight's beer that I brought/bought:
Avery 19 trippel
Avery Uncle Jacobs Stout (17.4%)
Hopadillo double hopped
2012 Dark Lord RIS
RRBC beatification
RRBC damnation 23

(waiting for all pics from bottle share before I post what all was tasted)
BSD
AG
PS beer ****ing know it all geeks that dont know **** piss me off to no end. Just enjoy the beer that is poured for you (in return for the nothing you brougt) and be gracious you ****s.
BSD
AG
^
^
^
Oh he mad!
jetch17
First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.