Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,688 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Jock 07
cc10106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone going to B-52's anniversary party tomorrow?
La Fours
AG
quote:
Passed the CISSP exam today. Little celebration beer.

That's awesome. Congrats. How long did you take preparing for the exam? I've thought about getting that cert. But not sure I want to invest the time/money as the return wouldn't be realized for quite some time. If my work would pay for the exam and training I would be all for it. But they won't.
dave99ag
AG
quote:

Would love to get back out there as it's been a month or so, but not going to make it this year. So glad they've been doing so well!

Congratulations, jockitch! (if you're reading the thread)
CDub06
AG
quote:
Yessir. That tap list is incredible.
CDub06
AG
They released their bottle list:

jh0400
AG
quote:

I won't be able to make it, but I'm open to trade or $$$ for any of those fruited Berliners. Except the cucumber.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I would be so broke if I went to that anniversary party! Great list. I really wish they were closer to Dallas.

If anyone happens to be going and doesn't want a specific bottle/s, I would love to try any of those. I've got bottles to trade or cash depending on what you would want. Just shoot me a PM if interested.
La Fours
AG
That's a fantastic looking bottles to go list.
Jock 07
AG
What size bottles are those? Those seem that be pretty damn good prices
dixie whiskey
AG
quote:
quote:

my buddy who handles the beer at a shop near me offered to set a birthday bomb aside for me. I'm probably not gonna pass it up, but their prices tend to be on the high side there, on top of prairie also gouging the **** out of stuff like that lately. I wanna say barrel aged bomb was 18 there (though for some reason pirate was only 14, and imo a much better beer). I haven't done my homework on it, is birthday basically just barrel aged bomb tweaked a bit? BAB was great, but I didn't find it so much better than other similar options that I'd feel good about paying that much for it.

As far as I can tell, birthday bomb is not barrel aged, just a caramel addition or something.

thanks I dont know why I assumed it was barrel aged. went ahead and grabbed one today. will report back.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Martin House Salty Lady. Damn good way to end the work week.

Congrats, jah, on making it through the school year. Anything special lined up this weekend?
MathNewman06
AG
I had Salty Lady for the first time last night.
It's like lemon/lime Gatorade became a damn tasty beer. I think that'll be the beer I grab for the next pool party.
MathNewman06
AG
I had Salty Lady for the first time last night.
It's like lemon/lime Gatorade became a damn tasty beer. I think that'll be the beer I grab for the next pool party.
Post removed:
by user
Represent830
AG
quote:

Hot damn. Would love a few of those Berliners too.

Anyone going?
Jock 07
AG
Watching the Ags with a BBA stout

La Fours
AG
quote:
Cool. Let me know what you want in return.

Alright, so Turfman and I met up at BWD for the release. At 6pm turfman grabbed a bottle and we split it so we would know what we got before buying bottles to go.

I forgot to take a picture. Sorry. The label is awesome. Great art work.

Here are my thoughts on the beer. It pours a nice rose red. The carbonation is a little weak. The nose smells like it should be pretty tart and you can really pick up the red wine as well.

The taste is ok. Not as tart as you expect from the smell. The wine aging really shows up and you get a good wine flavor. Didn't taste the brett really. The finish is dry with a faint buttery taste on the tongue. I didn't really notice the hibiscus at all.

JH0400 you can decide if you want the bottle I purchased or not. No big deal if you don't want it. I'll let it sit for a few months and try again. It was $13.50 for the 500ml bottle.

If you want it, I'll take some pusswagon in a crowler.

Fun fact, the bottle I took home was the first bottle sold to go. I should have had the brewers sign it.
Represent830
AG
Had a pretty stressful week culminating in a big presentation I had to give. Wife is done with school for summer and the Ags won their first game in the regional, so I had a few good ones.

Kirsch Gose

jh0400
AG
I should be in CS at some point over the summer. If Brash has ***** Wagon available I'll grab one.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Very nice. How was the apricot?
La Fours
Post removed:
by user
jh0400
AG
Hopefully my last CFA day; 1/7/2014 bottling

Chipotlemonger
AG
Can we just rename this the Supplication THREAD?
jh0400
AG
Fine by me. I'm good calling it the best beer out there.
txag2008
AG

Oh here he is. Really good
Chipotlemonger
AG
Deep Ellum Brewing Co. followed by brisket tacos at Braindead brewing this fine afternoon.

Play Date is an easy going sour blonde ale. Also tried their easy peasy session IPA finally. Wish I had the time to go through a couple of their stout and strong ale offerings too.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Very nice. How was the apricot?

Very good. Probably my second favorite from them. The Kriek was my favorite though
turfman80
AG
A Mr. Beer Mexican Lager got two likes?
Post removed:
by user
62strat
AG
quote:
Hopefully my last CFA day; 1/7/2014 bottling

All right you convinced me. Check that date, beer twin

One more where that came from. I actually bought them from the brewpub in April '14.

Jock 07
AG
Finishing up my comrade growler, might switch to bourbon afterwards
docaggie
AG
Popping open a 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon.
Hadn't had it before. Have to say I like it quite a bit. Glad I've got a couple more of them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dixie whiskey
AG
had a birthday bomb tonight. had regular a couple times over the past week, and there's definitely a big difference. lots of caramel, much sweeter and a bit richer. for whatever reason the coffee is standing out a bit more, perhaps just because it's such a contrast. I like it.

moving on to schneider weisse aventinus eisbock. such a great beer that doesn't cost an arm and a leg nor does it require much effort to come by.
62strat
AG
quote:

moving on to schneider weisse aventinus eisbock.

If you don't know the story behind the name: obviously rooted in Germany, the act of freezing and removing some of the ice formed (which is the water portion, alcohol freezes at lower temps) it concentrates the liquid, raising the abv, is called freeze distillation. So Germans did this to bocks or doppelbocks and called them 'ice bocks'.

My uncle has done this with homebrew doppelbocks with great results. He can remove 25% of the volume or so in the form of ice, really boosting the abv. Then let age some more. I'm talking ward winning eisbocks!
First Page Last Page
Page 938 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.